Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
ETH hasn’t had a single training session with the squad yet.
How would he be in a position to assess what and who we need until then?
Season doesn’t start until the first week of August, be worried if we don’t sign anyone by then.
I suspect that ETH has access to a TV and someone at United would be able to provide him with a detailed handover as well

Superden

I had a dreamast night we lined up with mcfred on our first champions league game this coming season

padzilla

Hipster
I would say ETH already has a fair idea of who he wants to work with but you can't really blame him for giving a chance to some he isn't sure about to see if he can work with them, or not, before making a final decision.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
You're constantly wetting the bed in every thread. It's June 3rd, and you're pretending in your mind it's deadline day. What's the point of making up pure nonsense to get angry about?
Why are you agitated ? I'm just lowering my expectations in sync with our recent past.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I suspect that ETH has access to a TV and someone at United would be able to provide him with a detailed handover as well
Maybe ETH genuinely thinks he can get a tune out of this current squad. A team that finished runners up the season before, under Ole who we all know wasn’t the best of managers, must have something about them that maybe his coaching will bring out the best of them. I think we all should wait and see what he does after the team are back to pre season.

UTD_Since_1978

I had a dreamast night we lined up with mcfred on our first champions league game this coming season
We don't have a champions league game this coming season, unless you support Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or City, in which case you are welcome to McFred.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Who have our rivals signed?

City: Alvarez (in January) and Haaland (RC, probably been in the works since atleast from when his entourage did the Eurotour)
Liverpool: Carvalho - although it looked like this was done already in January
Chelsea: Noone - add to that the fact that they will probably lose most of their defense on a free this summer
Arsenal: Noone?
Spurs: Perisic (FT), Forster (backup keeper) and those two on loan with obligation to buy?

To me it looks like that it's only Villa who have made a lot of early moves and apart from City none of our rivals have strengthened significantly.
Most likely will be a lot of movement after the international break.

Nicolarra90

What utter nonsense. Villa signed Coutinho, Sevilla central defender Diego Carlos (who we were linked with) and...a MIDFIELDER, Boubacar Kamara from Marseilles ( who we were apparently leading a chase for). They are way ahead because instead of bringing in a lame duck manager in November they paid compensation to get a full time manager in Gerrard. Forward planning. Two words that have been alien at Old Trafford for years.
Yeah good signings. Won't lose my sleep over not having them though.
I would go through RR again if it means we end up with ETH instead Gerrard anyway.

Yakuza_devils

Relax guys, I think it's 110% that we will have at least 3 signings this window. The question is when. Hope not too late into the window.

Yakuza_devils

I'm more concern on it seems we are still mainly focus on expensive signings like FDJ, Timber and Nunez where each of them command minimum 50mil. Where is our scouts to unearth some hidden gems? I thought we should be going for young and hungry players.

Loon

:lol:
We should have a sweepstake to see who can guess ten Hag's first signing.

Fooza

People just need to relax, you should all have my mindset and think.. even if we don't get any signings in, we still have enough to stay up in the PL next year

so chill :wenger:

Dominos

I know it's still early days, but I feel like we're on such a limited budget this summer (relative to what we desperately need) that we're trying to sign players strictly in order of priority so we have a clearer idea of who we can actually afford further down the list of priorities. I mean, if we signed De Jong and Darwin for a combined 140m EUR that's our entire budget (reportedly) gone, so if De Jong is the priority signing then everything else will have to be put on the back burner until that's resolved because it's such a large part of our budget that will effect other potential signings.

We're also waiting on certain players to leave such as Tuanzebe, Jones, Bailly, AWB before we commit to signing their replacements. This is going to cause major delays in getting players in, which is likely why we're not being linked with any right backs, and a potentially simple signing like Timber/Torres hasn't been wrapped up yet because we actually don't have the space in the squad for them yet, and we're not even confident we'll be able to afford them given the other positions we need to fill.

Yakuza_devils

I agree but we also need numbers. For 15m its a steal. We have only McFred so far...
We have enough of costly mistakes which cause us hundreds of millions and the performance on the pitch.

These "old" players are coming to Man Utd for last big payday.

Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Falcao, Cavani, Zlatan (long term injury while with us). Even Varane keeps getting injured and his performance was nothing to shout about. Ronaldo needs the entire team to adjust to him.

There is a reasons why properly run club refused to sign older players and only giving their own players over 30 on 1 year rolling contract.

While we are at it why don't we go for Bale, Erikson, Dembele? This is something Ed would do but hopefully not the current new board.

Man Utd should focus on young and hungry players.

Houdini

We have enough of costly mistakes which cause us hundreds of millions and the performance on the pitch.

These "old" players are coming to Man Utd for last big payday.

Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Falcao, Cavani, Zlatan (long term injury while with us). Even Varane keeps getting injured and his performance was nothing to shout about. Ronaldo needs the entire team to adjust to him.

There is a reasons why properly run club refused to sign older players and only giving their own players over 30 on 1 year rolling contract.

While we are at it why don't we go for Bale, Erikson, Dembele? This is something Ed would do but hopefully not the current new board.

Man Utd should focus on young and hungry players.
Veratti is 29. We have only 2! senior players, one of them is not good enough or should be a backup at best. Zlatan and Cavani were good signings the rest were predictable fails (recent bad injuries) so I agree. We are not going to sign more than 3 (young and expensive) players this window. And we need s ST, CB, RB as well.

Yakuza_devils

Veratti is 29. We have only 2! senior players, one of them is not good enough or should be a backup at best. Zlatan and Cavani were good signings the rest were predictable fails (recent bad injuries) so I agree. We are not going to sign more than 3 (young and expensive) players this window. And we need s ST, CB, RB as well.
29 years old coming to us with 4 years contract about 300 to 400k a week? It will cause us minimum 60 mil plus whatever the transfer fees. It could work out almost 100mil.

We need better strategy than that to rebuild for long term. As you said, we have many position to fill and money is limited. We have new football structure with Murtough and team who are supposed to revamp the club with world class scouting structure.

If the club keep throwing money at players every one and his dogs know about, what's the point of scouting?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You're constantly wetting the bed in every thread. It's June 3rd, and you're pretending in your mind it's deadline day. What's the point of making up pure nonsense to get angry about?
to be fair, there are stories (which I can well believe) that ETH is bringing players back for training two weeks from now - I'd be happy since I firmly believe part of last season's problems was that Ole didn't get them anywhere near fit enough.

If so, we want as many new players in already so they have maximum time to adjust and to fit with their new teammates. Yes, sometimes you get someone late and it turns out brilliantly but the longer the entire squad is together the better

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Same old story - we haven't signed anyone yet!
Yawn ----Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OpenIntrovert

I would advise fans not to rely so much on the media's articles this year. The media just throws out articles that tends to what we are expecting to see and all these articles are written by people who have no idea what ETH plans to do.

ETH is waiting till players return from their breaks and international duties to assess them, and he is also taking a strong look at the academy so there are chances that we may only hear about potential signings around late July onwards. Let's trust the manager's decision rather than listening to the media and letting them take us on a emotional ride. IMO, I think there will only be 1 to 2 signings with central midfield being the most critical area.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I would advise fans not to rely so much on the media's articles this year. The media just throws out articles that tends to what we are expecting to see and all these articles are written by people who have no idea what ETH plans to do.

ETH is waiting till players return from their breaks and international duties to assess them, and he is also taking a strong look at the academy so there are chances that we may only hear about potential signings around late July onwards. Let's trust the manager's decision rather than listening to the media and letting them take us on a emotional ride. IMO, I think there will only be 1 to 2 signings with central midfield being the most critical area.
There will be more than 2 otherwise we can write next season off right now. The squad is nowhere near good enough.

You are right on the media though, they clearly have no idea what we are planning. They have the De Jong story where nothing new has been added in 3 weeks and then Timber who some jumped the gun on but it looks like won't happen. Otherwise nothing of any substance.

OrcaFat

The question on my mind is: who will decide which players we sign? It seems highly likely to me that we signed a lot of players because their marketing value was good relative to the fee.

It’s often said the manager has final say but I am skeptical about that. In any case, I believe our managers have sometimes agreed to signings when faced with a choice of player X or nobody, take it or leave it.

Ultimately, if we’re expecting a clutch of new signings to solve our problems, I think we’re going to be disappointed. I’d settle for one elite midfielder and one elite striker but I honestly don’t expect either.

Best hope is ETH gets our existing players fit, organised, motivated and back to better form. I say this because I’m pretty sure that’s how the owners look at it (unless a marketing gold mine becomes gettable).

Xaviboy

I think our new signings will be ready to join for pre season and will be on the plane for the preseason tour and games.

UpWithRivers

This is hilariously amateurish if this is true. Sure video replays have some value but only to a point.. So who is giving him this detailed handover? Fletcher and Phelan?

Status
Not open for further replies.