Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

The longer this went on, the angry I got. Trigger warning if you have any sharp objects in reaching distance @14:00 they found a slide from an investor package where the only discussion around our signing of Pogba was the Social Media impact....i'm not joking.
The obsession with Social Media is disgraceful

OL29

I didn’t realise this would be the first June without a signing being made in so long. Didn’t Hernandez sign before that season finished anyway, and Smalling joined after agreeing a deal in January? Yet some want to pretend this is normal.

croadyman

When I say normal, I actually mean acceptable. I’m used to United being slow in the transfer market but this season is something else.
Yeah and worse because already strong teams have further strengthened, add to that teams around us improving as well

UnitedFire

I didn’t realise this would be the first June without a signing being made in so long. Didn’t Hernandez sign before that season finished anyway, and Smalling joined after agreeing a deal in January? Yet some want to pretend this is normal.
Short memory, but I'm surprised we've made any June signings under the Glazers

UnitedFire

The obsession with Social Media is disgraceful
The discrediting of what is predominantly very avid football fans just trying to make a living from their passion is a disgrace

There can be a lot of repetition, but the YouTubers are often doing as good as a job as they can realistically do.

croadyman

The discrediting of what is predominantly very avid football fans just trying to make a living from their passion is a disgrace

There can be a lot of repetition, but the YouTubers are often doing as good as a job as they can realistically do.
Talking about our clowns of a Social Media team, stop posting goal of the day garbage

OL29

Yeah and worse because already strong teams have further strengthened, add to that teams around us improving as well
It’s really worrying, we’re in legitimate danger of leaving ourselves with an insurmountable gap between ourselves and the rest of the top 6.

croadyman

It’s really worrying, we’re in legitimate danger of leaving ourselves with an insurmountable gap between ourselves and the rest of the top 6.
Yeah but club still won't panic which is annoying

Cathy Ferguson

Even though we finally have a good manager it is a huge disappointment that we have not signed anyone before preseason starts. Mindboggling considering the performances against Palace and Brighton. The squad that Ten Hag inherits is a low block counterattacking squad not a high line high energy possession based squad. Will be interesting to see how ETH opts to deploy McFred and Maguire.

Cathy Ferguson

At current rate we will fight for 6th against Villa, Newcastle and West Ham. Spurs under Conte look much stronger than us atm.

croadyman

Even though we finally have a good manager it is a huge disappointment that we have not signed anyone before preseason starts. Mindboggling considering the performances against Palace and Brighton. The squad that Ten Hag inherits is a low block counterattacking squad not a high line high energy possession based squad. Will be interesting to see how ETH opts to deploy McFred and Maguire.
Yeah not having any is very disheartening for us fans, him, his coaching staff and players too

MUFC OK

Can’t see a signing happening before the tour, unless Eriksen gives the green light.

Josh 76

I would say the gap between ourselves and the top half!

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
City completing their team in June, while we have to hire an external lawyer cause our management is clueless.

We are all bark and no bite.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter but it is not a good look that our new manager has no new players for the start of preseason after the season we just had. There's no way you can spin it.

BaneIsPain

The longer we delay new signings, the more setup for failure creeps in.
What a sad state for the club.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What compounds this further, we are being out maneuvered and shown up by clubs with supposedly similar owners/troubles in past windows.

Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool all showing far more ambition and capability this summer.

JustinC00

They are actually showing right now that even though he was an incompetent imbecile, Woodward was probably the most competent one of the board. Murtough looking like he hasn't got a clue and Arnold should have stayed in his home and called the police.

Kaushal

Look at him the Negative twat. Doesn’t he know transfers take time ? There is a new hierarchy at United. They know what they are doing. Players are on holiday anyway. Even if we sign them what is the point ? Cry more you impatient, negative, whiny sod.

croadyman

Look at him the Negative twat. Doesn’t he know transfers take time ? There is a new hierarchy at United. They know what they are doing. Players are on holiday anyway. Even if we sign them what is the point ? Cry more you impatient, negative, whiny sod.
FFS enough with that players on holiday garbage, we can still negotiate with their agent

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
FFS enough with that players on holiday garbage, we can still negotiate with their agent
Definitely. The holiday excuse does not wash nowadays, they have mobile phones, as you say you negotiate with the agent and he informs his clients of our proposal then they say yay or nay. Then you discuss a fee with the club involved.

fps

As every summer, we just go "Who's available then?" There is no proper scouting and long-term planning.

Traditionally United were very good at picking out the European gems of players who had gone under the radar. That seems to have gone.

Kaushal

Tell me what is their to be positive about for our new manager, go on enlighten me
We have got a new manager that’s the biggest positive. You should all be happy and excited about it above everything regardless of we sign anyone or not.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
‘Ten Hag needs time’ ‘shouldn’t be judged too quickly’ ‘give him a few seasons to make it work’ ‘we have no expectations for next season’ this cliche or something similar has been said by almost every United fan over the last month or so. If that’s the case then why are you all crying over no early signings? There are plenty of solid reasons why it has not happened yet and then you look at as the long term project that you all said it was and a couple of weeks don’t matter do they?

croadyman

We have got a new manager that’s the biggest positive. You should all be happy and excited about it above everything regardless of we sign anyone or not.
He needs at least FIVE first XI players (RB,LCB, De Jong, DM, Antony) he is getting at most two.

JustinC00

Because we haven’t signed anyone barely a couple weeks into the window, it’s a disaster. Cool. Makes sense. Not over reacting at all. A perfectly reasonable response.
Hey it's a week later and we are actually not 1 meter further than we were when you posted this. Murtough seems to not have that access to the Glazer's purse like Woodward did and has been given a budget to the point where we he is haggling over 15-20m. Clear indication we are hinging our summer dealings on someone that has no interest in us and for someone wanting our overpaid deadwood, which they don't. Our 1 potential decent sale is the guy that should be our #1 GK but instead we are for some reason loaning him out What's the plan there? Did they want to sell but no one wanted to pay? That's how bad this club has gotten the guy that probably should be our #1 has to go because we are vastly overpaying 1of the worst overall GKs in the league because we can't get rid of him. But hey let's blame it all on Maguire/Lindelof/Varane. Same people who blamed Rio & Vidic for De Gea's howlers.

Kaushal

‘Ten Hag needs time’ ‘shouldn’t be judged too quickly’ ‘give him a few seasons to make it work’ ‘we have no expectations for next season’ this cliche or something similar has been said by almost every United fan over the last month or so. If that’s the case then why are you all crying over no early signings? There are plenty of solid reasons why it has not happened yet and then you look at as the long term project that you all said it was and a couple of weeks don’t matter do they?
Can’t you see contradiction in your post ? Bloody hell. Read it again. Did anybody blame ten hag ? Show me one person who has stopped supporting ten hag. Don’t you get it ? Make some sense before you preach.

DevTheRed

Part of me is hoping that we’ve already signed our targets and the first we’ll know about it is when they walk through the doors for pre season.. wishful thinking I know :lol:

I genuinely can’t find any other reason for us being this unproductive whilst our rivals strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.