Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKillington

Really dunno where should I post this. Let's do it here :

I find it quite shocking that it's like everyone seems to forget one name : Van de Beek.
Let's say we sign both De Jong and Eriksen, what are we going to do with this boy?
We are going to have 3 new faces in midfield and none with defensive capabilities we desperately need.
Where's the balance here?
Considering Eriksen is for free, I say - go for it! He can play CM, ACM, wide ... great addition
Not so sure about De Jong though... 70-80 millions, should we really?

Here's an alternative option: get Eriksen, give de Beek a shot and go fully for a quality DM.
With the rest of the budget (along with the savings from priciest De Jong) - get a CF/RW and a RB/WRB.
We need balance in this team.
Who's with me?
The Van Der Beek performance thread should have been where you put this, but to answer the second question. I think you’re forgetting one very important point. And that is that Donny Van der Beek is absolutely fecking shite.

Kag

Does anybody seriously believe it was the plan to have signed nobody prior to Ten Hag taking his first training session?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Does anybody seriously believe it was the plan to have signed nobody prior to Ten Hag taking his first training session?
Nope.

I'm still relatively calm, but I admit - it's f*ckin boring. Nothing dramatising, just boring so far, especially with clowns on twitter covering all the angles in case their wild guess not coming to fruition.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I saw a tweet from Ducker which basically confirms that the amateurs in charge are doing one deal at a time.

New United lads!

laughtersassassin

Look at City and Liverpool. Look at their Jan business as well.

Then look at us...... Joke is an understatement

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Look at City and Liverpool. Look at their Jan business as well.

Then look at us...... Joke is an understatement
Good point. The argument against signing Alvarez or Diaz in January was that it would compromise budget for the permanent manager in the summer. Instead it’s the same teams going from strength to strength while mouth breathers United are stuck in their own mud.

Kopral Jono

I'm actually fuming that City have signed Phillips as a fecking backup and yet we're still stuck with Fred and McTominay the fraudulent footballer. Call me kneejerk, I don't care, but it just shows how far we've fallen.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We hired a temp lawyer to handle negotiations for transfers that are not happening. I don’t understand why everyone else cannot see this for the shit show it is.

Oldtraffordboy

I have no doubt that we're trying.

We just have the most incompetent people in the biz handling it.

Red Daz

I come to this forum for a bit of downtime relaxation, now realising all it does is stress me out :lol: .
If only I was strong enough to stay away………………….

F5

GledTheRed

I don't think we had a plan till ETH turned up.

Absolute shit show as usual, clubs ran like a fecking cornershop.

Hackman2210

Newcastle get Sven Botman! Really starting to grate now. Which Utd will finish higher? I know where my sheckles are going.

Deery

Dreary
It’s a bit annoying how slow it’s going and the dividend nonsense, but still over 2 months left of transfer window tons can happen in between then.

awkwarddutchguy

At this point i could care less if we would buy Frenkie for 90 million euros who cares there is clearly no alternative

Kag

To assist with negotiations this summer. Of course now, not a week ago or a month or two ago, but now.

Prepared.
Articles like this are an abysmal reflection on the club. We completely fail to control the narrative and this sort of thing only serves to fuel the well-established perception that we are completely incompetent.

Fooza

To assist with negotiations this summer. Of course now, not a week ago or a month or two ago, but now.

Prepared.
You can't be talking like that, we got ETH, new board too . Got to be excited, be excited

:lol: PR spin worked well recently, got to give them that. Even the shambles of the Rangnick situation didn't scream alarm bells to people on here

gorky_utd

Collection of useless morons and nepotism in charge of the club. Not a single qualified person is in power I believe.

Robindinho

Last week I was relaxed but this was a big week I felt. We really should have someone in the door at this stage. Worrying.
Yeah, I'm slowly slipping in to the nothings changed, panic zone.

Nothing seems imminent... I hate our approach - It broke a couple of weeks ago that we were about £10m apart on De Jong but instead of compromising/meeting halfway and getting it wrapped up, it's like our board just sit on it and say 'we'll wait it out, they'll accept that same offer in a month'.

maximus419

The people in charge of decision making at utd are as bad as the Tory party running the country. Completely out of their depth and going from crisis to crisis while the club/country burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.