Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

It's clear as day that we didn't plan for this window at all, like 2013 all over again. Nobody at the club seems to understand that we can't afford to fall much further behind Spurs and Arsenal, never mind City and Pool. Absolute clowns.

Kaushal

Posted it in the de Jong thread. It probably belongs here.

So that’s literally one month gone since the season finished. Out of 74 days between the last and new season 30 days are over which means 40% of the time is gone. In this one month, we have bought ZERO players and have sold ZERO players.

Meanwhile Liverpool have concluded their transfer business, City are up and running and competed probably the biggest signing of the summer. Spurs have completed half of their activity and Arsenal too have signed 3 new players whereas us now have 44 days left before the new season starts where we have to do our all transfer activity buying and selling.

Not only that our pre season starts in 5 days without any new players as it stands. But don’t worry, it’s only June and the transfer window has opened only a few weeks back.

Giggsy13

Munich 3 signings
Real 2 signings
Dortmund 5 signings
Liverpool 3 signings
City 2 signings
Arsenal 2 signings ( and 2 very close)
Spurs 3 signings

Only we and Chelsea (for known reasons) have not signed anyone yet.
BUT BUT BUT, the wiNdoW juSt OpeNed!

I Am Zlatan

Because there was no protection from the midfield. McFred just let teams slice through them every game.

I agree, everyone slates Maguire (and rightly so most of the time), but it didn’t help when teams walked/cut through our midfield with ease, exposing his weaknesses multiple times a game. I hope the midfield gets sorted with window with more than just one player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Munich 3 signings
Real 2 signings
Dortmund 5 signings
Liverpool 3 signings
City 2 signings
Arsenal 2 signings ( and 2 very close)
Spurs 3 signings

Only we and Chelsea (for known reasons) have not signed anyone yet.
Absolute clowns in charge at United. No wonder we're in such a state.

If I were Ten Haag, I'd be raging at how incompetent the transfer team is.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we may now have to accept we may not get most of our 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice this summer. We are simply not an attractive place for most of our “reported” targets.

Haaland - joined City
Tchouameni - joined Real
Nunez - joined Liverpool
Kamara - joined Villa
Bissouma - joined Spur

Ebiowei - about to join Crystal Palace
Enzo Fernandez - about to join Benfica
Timber - prefer to stay at Ajax

FDJ - our no.1 target, doesn’t want to leave Barca though, we can’t match Barca asking price yet
Antony - Ajax doesn’t wish to sell and sets high price tag
Eriksen - prefer to stay at London as reported
Martinez - still at early stage, Arsenal is reportedly interested

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
For God's sake please give Murtough some time. He's been working everyday from 6 am till 10pm. Surely he'll soon figure out how transfers work.

Chicharo

I just don't know who really believed, or rather, still believes we'll get 4-5 players. Maybe we get FDJ and possibly one more player for the starting 11. Everything besides that is bull shit like every summer. Even a blind man can see we are desperate for getting the DM and this will be another summer we won't get one

Dr. StrangeHate

If we need to sign a backup keeper why not get one who is good with his feet? Or is Bachman exactly that?

TheDosser56

If the Glaziers and the Manchester United board are actually delusional enough to think Manchester United fans are going to just accept them taking money out of OUR club tomorrow (the only Premier League owners who do this) after Manchester United's worst Premier League season ever with the club an absolute shambles on the field and no new signings they'll be in for a massive shock when the protests start again and Man Utd CEO Richard Arnold has fans storming outside his house. And Richard Arnold won't be able to quell angry United fans this time with a little chit chat down down the pub with a pint and empty words.. it's time for action! If you care about the club Arnold resign! :rolleyes: :mad:

izec

If we need to sign a backup keeper why not get one who is good with his feet? Or is Bachman exactly that?
He is shit at everything. Our youth keepers are probably better than him.

I can only explain this as to us wanting to bring in a transfer, so that we can say we signed someone. But even a shit third choice keeper we cant bring in.

I was calm and gave the club some leeway early in the window. But end of June, we are a laughing stock at this point. Which is nothing new since 2013.

Bogga

Not signing anyone this week either... We've gone from 95% certainty to sign FDJ down to 80% lately according to all reports from twitter-monkeys that write the same shit over and over to stay significant. If Ten Hag has a certain amount of money to work with and has said that FDJ is important to him, I understand why it's not happening much on other fronts. But it's still extremely annoying to see other clubs getting players and moving in the right direction while we've still to sign or even sell anyone

Kaushal

Even if we get our deals done before the window closes, our pre season and all that training is already screwed. The change of style, pattern of plays, new tactical system without new signings coming in early, gelling in and that too first teamers is already down the toilet without a good amount of time spent on the training ground which means a slow and poor start to the season.

With a horrible october in waiting and 16 PL matches already competed before players go to Qatar, I’m dreading the season would be done before we even start to get going. If there was one summer window where finishing the transfer business early was absolutely imperative, it was this. This was the window where we had to sign most of our targets before the pre season and they have royally fecked it up.

Coops73

I’m not really one for getting too twitchy over transfers, don’t get me wrong I love a good transfer like the next man but considering our need, coupled with the fact there’s a World Cup in 6 months, not to mention a new manager you’d think we would of got our shit together earlier.

I’m not in the same shit different season camp just yet but I ain’t too far away.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Daily Star claiming: Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly concerned about a lack of transfer activity from Manchester United and could even leave the club before the end of the window.

he's not the only one. Different names in charge, same old mess. Just what exactly do the board get paid buckets of cash to do? It's time for a complete clear out at board level. All we seem to have done is appoint a Woodward mini-me and a former player seemingly with no experience in the role.

The Mirror, meanwhile, claim Timber's agent is in Manchester... so I have to presume City are interested!

F@cking shambles

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So depressing, I've just spent close to 1k on tickets to see the games in Melbourne and Perth, 1k in travel, 1.5k in accomodation, and I'll probably have to look forward to seeing Andreas fecking Pereira and Phil Jones instead of a De Jong or Timber.
This happens quite often for preseason trips, it’s not exactly a new thing

golden_blunder

Staff
ETH signed for us on April 21. Makes you wonder what happen since then on pursuing transfers.
He was still working for Ajax though. Really 12 May is when we got his full attention. So not sure why people are thinking we’ve had a year to be working on transfer targets. It’s a different list for a different manager style

Ahriman

He was still working for Ajax though. Really 12 May is when we got his full attention. So not sure why people are thinking we’ve had a year to be working on transfer targets. It’s a different list for a different manager style
We may have got his full attention on 12th May but it's ludicrous to suggest that we only got his list then.

Do you think Ten Hag is happy with transfer proceedings so far? In and outs?

redshaw

We've not sold anyone either?

All that's happened is those due to leave on a free have left.

Telsim

Not sold anyone, not bought anyone... Things are looking particularly grim. But I will wait until July to really lose my shit.

golden_blunder

Staff
We may have got his full attention on 12th May but it's ludicrous to suggest that we only got his list then.

Do you think Ten Hag is happy with transfer proceedings so far? In and outs?
My point was that we’re not working on lists from a year ago - to address those saying we’ve have a year or what have they been doing since November as one poster said. They’ve had very little time since appointing ETH and the window is open for a long time yet.

as far as your question goes I can’t tell, but he’s a manager in a new job, im sure he realises that somethings will take time. The only way ina my opinion we could have gone faster is hiring Overmars as DoF as he’d worked with him for years and obviously knows the profiles that ETH works with. Our guys don’t know him that well yet and so this window they won’t have that type of head start

Amadevs

Supports
United
Really dunno where should I post this. Let's do it here :

I find it quite shocking that it's like everyone seems to forget one name : Van de Beek.
Let's say we sign both De Jong and Eriksen, what are we going to do with this boy?
We are going to have 3 new faces in midfield and none with defensive capabilities we desperately need.
Where's the balance here?
Considering Eriksen is for free, I say - go for it! He can play CM, ACM, wide ... great addition
Not so sure about De Jong though... 70-80 millions, should we really?

Here's an alternative option: get Eriksen, give de Beek a shot and go fully for a quality DM.
With the rest of the budget (along with the savings from priciest De Jong) - get a CF/RW and a RB/WRB.
We need balance in this team.
Who's with me?

Oldtraffordboy

Really dunno where should I post this. Let's do it here :

I find it quite shocking that it's like everyone seems to forget one name : Van de Beek.
Let's say we sign both De Jong and Eriksen, what are we going to do with this boy?
We are going to have 3 new faces in midfield and none with defensive capabilities we desperately need.
Where's the balance here?
Considering Eriksen is for free, I say - go for it! He can play CM, ACM, wide ... great addition
Not so sure about De Jong though... 70-80 millions, should we really?

Here's an alternative option: get Eriksen, give de Beek a shot and go fully for a quality DM.
With the rest of the budget (along with the savings from priciest De Jong) - get a CF/RW and a RB/WRB.
We need balance in this team.
Who's with me?
VdB, Eriksen and Bruno all play in the same preferred position in my view. Yes they can play deeper, but not very well tbh. Ultimately I see Bruno becoming more of a Tadic/false #9 player than a CM.

I think we need to prioritise a ball playing CM, a DM and then RW

So I agree about the DM, but I'm also tired of waiting more than a decade for a proper central midfielder who can dictate the game.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
First thing I’ve ever felt a pang of regret about renewing our season tickets this summer. Just nothing happening right now to bring excitement for the new season, is there? Could really do with that money too as well.

golden_blunder

Staff
First thing I’ve ever felt a pang of regret about renewing our season tickets this summer. Just nothing happening right now to bring excitement for the new season, is there? Could really do with that money too as well.
A new coach isn’t exciting? One that’s known to play progressive attacking football?
why are people forgetting this or over looking it just because they don’t have a new signing yet? New signings will be there when the season starts. I’d say you could get your ticket and look forward to a new season

UnitedFire

I just don't know who really believed, or rather, still believes we'll get 4-5 players. Maybe we get FDJ and possibly one more player for the starting 11. Everything besides that is bull shit like every summer. Even a blind man can see we are desperate for getting the DM and this will be another summer we won't get one
The irony is we've needed a DM for so long that we've now got to the point we probably don't need one.

ETH likes to push up the defenders, allowing the midfield to do what midfielders do, so there is no need for a DM, but there is a need for a CB who is about 10x quicker than Maguire, but that should be OK as 99.9% of defenders are at least 20x faster than Maguire!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'll have it.

imamuppet

Typical, just typical. Ive logged off our Team since the end of last season and just checked to see if we have done anything and as per expected, we done nada :lol:

Ahmer Baig

I think we may now have to accept we may not get most of our 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice this summer. We are simply not an attractive place for most of our “reported” targets.

Haaland - joined City
Tchouameni - joined Real
Nunez - joined Liverpool
Kamara - joined Villa
Bissouma - joined Spur

Ebiowei - about to join Crystal Palace
Enzo Fernandez - about to join Benfica
Timber - prefer to stay at Ajax

FDJ - our no.1 target, doesn’t want to leave Barca though, we can’t match Barca asking price yet
Antony - Ajax doesn’t wish to sell and sets high price tag
Eriksen - prefer to stay at London as reported
Martinez - still at early stage, Arsenal is reportedly interested
Add Nkunku to the list staying at RB Leipzig.

UnitedFire

A new coach isn’t exciting? One that’s known to play progressive attacking football?
why are people forgetting this or over looking it just because they don’t have a new signing yet? New signings will be there when the season starts. I’d say you could get your ticket and look forward to a new season
To play exciting progressive football we need CB's who can actually move and bin crap like Maguire who seriously damages our ability to play ball.

We then need to actually work out how to play in this way and for that we very likely also need midfielders who can pass. Then if there are injuries we are screwed so really we should sell McShite and Fraud and utilise midfielders who can actually pass. Maybe Garner and Hannibal if we can't buy 4 midfielders.

Then those midfielders might also want some options who can pass/ cross so that's a new RW needed. And probably should sell Rashford who is broken and replace with another winger so that's maybe 3 more transfer pieces of work required.

Also we'll need full backs who can both defend and get up and down the pitch and cross. I know that sounds like stardust, or the absolute basics, but some how we are missing 4 of those. So thats 4 out, 4 in. 8 more pieces of transfer action.

Its risky to rely on our upcoming strikers and we need at least one understudy who will be ready in the next year or 2 to be the main guy so probably need at least 1 striker unless Greenwood is acquitted of being an arsehole, which even if legally is the case might be a difficult sell commercially given the lovely voice message, which unless proven to be fake is damaging whether legally sufficient or not.

So yeah with all this work to do and the board have done NOTHING. But great work letting players leave on a free, that is truly a great example of forward planning. Mata who might have been a small transfer fee two or three years ago and a huge saving on wages, but instead gone for free and has barely played in the last few years.

Pogba has been a drain and a pain for most of his time and could have been sold for £100m 2 or 3 years ago when there was plenty of reason to do so and we'd have reinvested and been much better now. Refer to Coutinho for an example of proper management.

Lingard is a particularly great example. £25m from West Ham or pay a year of his wages for no apparent reason and don't play him so that we can then give him away.

It's truly embarrassing how badly we are run.

golden_blunder

Staff
To play exciting progressive football we need CB's who can actually move and bin crap like Maguire who seriously damages our ability to play ball.

We then need to actually work out how to play in this way and for that we very likely also need midfielders who can pass. Then if there are injuries we are screwed so really we should sell McShite and Fraud and utilise midfielders who can actually pass. Maybe Garner and Hannibal if we can't buy 4 midfielders.

Then those midfielders might also want some options who can pass/ cross so that's a new RW needed. And probably should sell Rashford who is broken and replace with another winger so that's maybe 3 more transfer pieces of work required.

Also we'll need full backs who can both defend and get up and down the pitch and cross. I know that sounds like stardust, or the absolute basics, but some how we are missing 4 of those. So thats 4 out, 4 in. 8 more pieces of transfer action.

Its risky to rely on our upcoming strikers and we need at least one understudy who will be ready in the next year or 2 to be the main guy so probably need at least 1 striker unless Greenwood is acquitted of being an arsehole, which even if legally is the case might be a difficult sell commercially given the lovely voice message, which unless proven to be fake is damaging whether legally sufficient or not.

So yeah with all this work to do and the board have done NOTHING. But great work letting players leave on a free, that is truly a great example of forward planning. Mata who might have been a small transfer fee two or three years ago and a huge saving on wages, but instead gone for free and has barely played in the last few years.

Pogba has been a drain and a pain for most of his time and could have been sold for £100m 2 or 3 years ago when there was plenty of reason to do so and we'd have reinvested and been much better now. Refer to Coutinho for an example of proper management.

Lingard is a particularly great example. £25m from West Ham or pay a year of his wages for no apparent reason and don't play him so that we can then give him away.

It's truly embarrassing how badly we are run.
So you’re not excited. You could have said that without boring me to death

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You need to equip him with enough players to be able to implement his style of play.

Castia

Imagine working 16 hours a day like Murtough and not signing a single player in 4 weeks….fecked aren’t we.

Status
Not open for further replies.