Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmah

Fun fact - If you doubled a penny everyday since the end of the season you’d now have £85,899,345.92… what isn’t a fun fact is that there still isn’t a signing

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No surprise really.

Every summer we're told signings do best when integrated in preseason. Every summer we take ages to bring anyone in.

Ronaldo has seen success. He knows what it looks like. He can see that we are asleep while everyone else is at work.

choccy77

@MUFCScoop: Sources in Holland suggest that Ten Hag has been surprised by the lack of progress after the squad he inherited has already lost players like Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic and Jesse Lingard. [@MullockSMirror] #MUFC

Corridor of Uncertainty

@MUFCScoop: Sources in Holland suggest that Ten Hag has been surprised by the lack of progress after the squad he inherited has already lost players like Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic and Jesse Lingard. [@MullockSMirror] #MUFC
It shouldn't come as a surprise if he's taken one look at the way we've operated over the last 10 years. Incompetence from top to bottom.

Bocca9978

Fun fact - If you doubled a penny everyday since the end of the season you’d now have £85,899,345.92… what isn’t a fun fact is that there still isn’t a signing
What is it since the Glazers took over?

LARulz

I don't understand how the club can think this is a good summer so far and things are going to plan.... unless the plan was to haggle over every penny when all our rivals have strengthened whilst we have weakened

If the fans are upset, it is understandable the likes of Ronaldo, Bruno and co are when they look around and see the same shit

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This is what worries me about ETH, if this is true or not. I just wonder if he knows the full extent of the crisis we're in. He obviously believes in himself as a coach but if he thinks just adding a couple of his ex players to our squad will change things then he might be hanging himself out to dry. Talking about us finishing 2nd recently, when everyone that watched United every week knew the true reality of the situation (except Ole in lot).

James35

This is what worries me about ETH, if this is true or not. I just wonder if he knows the full extent of the crisis we're in. He obviously believes in himself as a coach but if he thinks just adding a couple of his ex players to our squad will change things then he might be hanging himself out to dry. Talking about us finishing 2nd recently, when everyone that watched United every week knew the true reality of the situation (except Ole in lot).
I feel the same. I actually see it going only one way for ETH unfortunately.

wolvored

I wonder what is in TH coontract. If he has it in writing that Utd will buy him 4/5/6 players who he has picked and they dont deliver, could he walk away. Now that woud embarrass the Glazers and the board.

fallengt

Now ETH understand how did 5 managers get sacked before him.

By the time new manager fix previous manager' problems (due to club's incompentence), he's fired and leaves his problems behind for new new manager to solve.
We have had McFred midfielder for 4 years, going for 5th for a reason. Welcome to Manchester United.

GarrinchaNZ

Hey...let's all just look on the positive side.
At least we still have PJ. He's a man mountain at the back for us!

WPMUFC

I mean, it's shocking isn't it?

de Jong. Ex-Ajax.
Eriksen. Ex-Ajax.
Timber. Ajax.
Martinez. Ajax.
Antony. Ajax.

This is van Gaal at Barcelona!

Do we even have targets that aren't Ajax alumni? The sad thing is that Erik has joined, realised the scouting department doesn't have a scooby-doo who to recommend, and so, pressed for time and pre-season, Erik is dipping into familiar waters.
I actually think it's much worse than even a scouting failure. It's probably also a tacit admission that he's so concerned with our squad and their ability to implement the demands of a coach that he feels like he needs "his players" across the entire squad to set the squad straight. Ajax in the midfield (FDJ), Ajax in defense (Timber), Ajax in attack (Antony). Considering we've seen this loser squad throw every single manager under the bus, he seems to be seeking reassurance by laser focusing on multiple ETH trained players.

TheLord

I am surprised that he's surprised. He always came across as someone who did his homework.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This is why he should have put his self esteem and arrogance aside to talk with rangnick.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Unlike the likes of Adnan who thought of Murtough as some kind of second coming of the christ I never had faith in the guy. He was here from day 1 of this disaster and he kept being promoted in it which suggest that he had Woodward's ear and more then 1 finger in this mess. However even I didn't thought that we were going to do so badly. So I can't blame Ronaldo for being outsmarted by these charlatans

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What makes you think that ETH didn’t want Rangnick? He himself said that Rangnick appointment was club's business and not his. I fear that we got rid of someone who knew how incompetent our board is and wasn't afraid to air any dirty laundry. His NDA kind of show that his departure wasn't ETH'S driven

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I wonder what is in TH coontract. If he has it in writing that Utd will buy him 4/5/6 players who he has picked and they dont deliver, could he walk away. Now that woud embarrass the Glazers and the board.
I get the feeling considering the interviews him and Murtough have about maximising the potential of the current squad. That he knows there arn’t going to be 4 or 5 signings. More like 2 or 3.
5 signings would cost the club around 200 million the club even if the Glazers waved there dividends doesn’t have that amount of money.
Personaly o think Ten Hag and Murtough are in the mind set that this is a squad that finished 2nd 1 year ago and it can rebound from the awful season it’s had.

RedChisel

Maybe we should be looking at the Championship, surely there's some players there who might join us. Saying that a promotion push probably holds more appeal than finishing 10th with this shower.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd be interested to see a venn diagram of those here who think everything is going well/everything will be fine by the start of season and those people who think Boris Johnson is doing a great job and is being picked on...

UTD_Since_1978

Next summer gives us time to find someone whereas the budget for a striker isn't there now
Never mind the budget is there any top talented striker available?

Haaland has only just joined City, Mbappe has only just signed a new contract at PSG & Kane & Lewi ain't getting any younger, who does that leave?

It's a player and it's a signing plus he actually played ok for us

I don't even remember him playing for us.

Red Rash

Plus Cavani

onemanarmy

There is no such thing anywhere to be found in Dutch media about Ten Hag. Just more shit stirring by the Mirror.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd be interested to see a venn diagram of those here who think everything is going well/everything will be fine by the start of season and those people who think Boris Johnson is doing a great job and is being picked on...
You’ll find very very little support for Boris on this site. I don’t get how you’d presumably think that they might correlate. I think that’s what you’re getting at

croadyman

Never mind the budget is there any top talented striker available?

Haaland has only just joined City, Mbappe has only just signed a new contract at PSG & Kane & Lewi ain't getting any younger, who does that leave?

I don't even remember him playing for us.
What about Osmihen/Schick/Scamacca

Chairman Steve

Even in the days we were deemed ‘well ran’ (I.e. when Ferguson was manager), most of our transfers weren’t done until July at the earliest. I guarantee you could probably fit the number of players United signed in June the past 20 years on one hand.

I get the feeling there’s a lot of plate spinning going on, on our side. If we’re really signing 5-6 players this summer then there’s probably going to be a lot of careful negotiations and not trying to show your hand to several clubs, for risk of being rinsed or not having enough money for all of them. FDJ seems to be top priority and I’m fairly confident once that’s done, everything else will go much faster.

Compared to City and Liverpool who only really need 1-2 players on their already successful teams. Haaland is the standout candidate for City as they have no striker and Nunez stands out for Liverpool as Mane wanted to leave. Neither of those two clubs had to deal with Barcelona for example. Dortmund are ultimately a selling club and so are Benfica. Both of those teams buy cheap-sell high-repeat.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Even in the days we were deemed ‘well ran’ (I.e. when Ferguson was manager), most of our transfers weren’t done until July at the earliest. I guarantee you could probably fit the number of players United signed in June the past 20 years on one hand.

I get the feeling there’s a lot of plate spinning going on, on our side. If we’re really signing 5-6 players this summer then there’s probably going to be a lot of careful negotiations and not trying to show your hand to several clubs, for risk of being rinsed or not having enough money for all of them. FDJ seems to be top priority and I’m fairly confident once that’s done, everything else will go much faster.

Compared to City and Liverpool who only really need 1-2 players on their already successful teams. Haaland is the standout candidate for City as they have no striker and Nunez stands out for Liverpool as Mane wanted to leave. Neither of those two clubs had to deal with Barcelona for example. Dortmund are ultimately a selling club and so are Benfica. Both of those teams buy cheap-sell high-repeat.
Rest of transfer forum “the people don’t want to hear logic anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.