Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON’T PANIC ™

I know it’s a childish emotion, but after the sh1tshow endured by the fans this season, I would have expected the board to move quickly in the window to make a statement & boost the optimism amongst us.
Silly me.
I know the window has just opened but honestly I don’t really get a vibe that any deal is even close and the majority of names we are hearing De Jong, Timber etc is speculation.

Blood Mage

If you question them, they will sack you. Just like they did with Ralf.
If Ten Hag isn't backed I hope he won't just let himself get hung out to dry like Ole did. He should take the Mourinho approach and call out the apathy and ineptitude behind the scenes.

Infestissumam

this place has taught me that some people just love being miserable. Throwing a temper because we haven't signed anybody on June 15 is fecking hilarious, but I shouldn't be surprised.

croadyman

While it's still early, I don't blame anyone for panicking. If it was just a case of signing one player to strengthen the team it wouldn't have mattered, but we need several players and we need them before pre season to give ETH enough time to integrate them into the team.

We have a history of being late, we have a history of failing to sell players, and all the top clubs have strengthened already. I really don't want ETH to get the Moyes treatment, and it's really not looking good so far.
Exactly and that's why many including myself is totally losing their shit at our ineptness

croadyman

I know it’s a childish emotion, but after the sh1tshow endured by the fans this season, I would have expected the board to move quickly in the window to make a statement & boost the optimism amongst us.
Silly me.
I know the window has just opened but honestly I don’t really get a vibe that any deal is even close and the majority of names we are hearing De Jong, Timber etc is speculation.
Board are being controlled by those leeches

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’m fairly upbeat normally but the news it’s our preference that Henderson should only go out on loan has sort of killed any hope I had that we have the appetite to do what is necessary this summer. It’s rinse and repeat stuff every year. Anyone surplus should be sold to get funds to actually put a squad together capable of competing.

Infestissumam

City, Liverpool, Spurs, Bayern, Madrid and PSG have all announced major signings so far this summer.

The idea that this is early is bollocks. And even if it is early, there is zero good will left in terms of giving the club the benefit of the doubt. There is doubt there, and it’s fully justified.
who have PSG signed? You're not seriously including re-signing their own player in that list to prove a point, are you?

Liverpool have shelled out a ridiculous fee for a player who had one good season in Portugal. Spurs have signed 33-year-old Perisic on a free, Bayern have signed two squad players. Sure, they've made signings already, but let's pump the brakes for a bit. If we don't have signings in when pre-season starts, I'll happily join in the moaning and fearmongering, but there's plenty of time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City, Liverpool, Spurs, Bayern, Madrid and PSG have all announced major signings so far this summer.

The idea that this is early is bollocks. And even if it is early, there is zero good will left in terms of giving the club the benefit of the doubt. There is doubt there, and it’s fully justified.
All those clubs have one thing we don't. Guess what it is....

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
They really cannot do what I think they’re doing can they? Buying nobody? To be fair if they are selling I’d take us going down to get these leeches out.

cyberman

this place has taught me that some people just love being miserable. Throwing a temper because we haven't signed anybody on June 15 is fecking hilarious, but I shouldn't be surprised.
Can it not just an accumulation of how we have done our transfer business over the last few summers?
It’s only 2 summers ago we were giving Ole a free pass because of how we handled Sancho and let him down. Why will this season be any different?

Infestissumam

Can it not just an accumulation of how we have done our transfer business over the last few summers?
It’s only 2 summers ago we were giving Ole a free pass because of how we handled Sancho and let him down. Why will this season be any different?
hey, I get it. This last season especially has turned me into a cynical fecker too. But I do think it's way too early to lose it ... people wouldn't be happy if we just carelessly splashed the cash either. For example, overpaying for FDJ makes no sense if Barcelona are desperate and there's no real competition (from what I can see). It really doesn't matter to me if we sign him on June 15 or June 30, the end result is going to be the same. If we fail to bring in players before preseason, I'll lose it too. But still quite some time until then.

Kag

who have PSG signed? You're not seriously including re-signing their own player in that list to prove a point, are you?

Liverpool have shelled out a ridiculous fee for a player who had one good season in Portugal. Spurs have signed 33-year-old Perisic on a free, Bayern have signed two squad players. Sure, they've made signings already, but let's pump the brakes for a bit. If we don't have signings in when pre-season starts, I'll happily join in the moaning and fearmongering, but there's plenty of time.
Have they signed a player or not?

I enjoy the way you’ve reduced the transfer business these clubs have done to nothing. Quite the effort.

I don’t see moaning or fear-mongering; I see people calling a spade a spade. Like I said, we are well past the point in which good will exists. The club need to prove people like me that I’m wrong, and until then my scepticism is warranted.

jesperjaap

New staff, new manager and the window has only just opened.

Lets judge at the end of the window regardign our signings....not that this can be accurate as lots on here were banging on about title challenges....even though we didnt sign a single central midfielder.

BUT.....cant lie, getting a feeling off been here before and the same story so far.....especially after such a poor season

Cut throat approach to moving players on
Big players linked before window opens
Elite world class talents provide page after pager of transfer rumours

Well one difference this summer of course is several players have moved due to there contracts ending, we knew that was coming....early days but Perreira and Martial are still here even, not one has moved yet

We were linked all last year with Halland, goes to City, Nunez goes to Liverpool. We are now getting page afger page on DejoNG....see Sneijder, Vidal, Thiago past threads

There are possibly obvious good deals. We need a good defensive midfielder....the best free option has gone to ASTON VILLA! Possibly the best bargain signing at a reasonable fee that suited our needs...is goin gto Spurs. A great signing far cheaper than DejOng had his contract ending, signed a new one at Lyon/

For me the two most exciting striker signings, one may go to Newcastle and not seen a single link to the other.

I wont lie, so far finding it concernign what is happening and not happening.

What is hapenign in the press at least is we are apparently happy with Dalot at right back....possibly our worst defender! We have faith in Rashford, possibly our worst player last season.

Maybe there are some signings under the radar, sure DeJOng and Timber are two though....are we really waiting to see what happens with DeJOng before pursuing other targets....heard that before.

For me there are three or four real quality centre backs we can pursue, so not to worried there,,,,unless one is Pau Torres, please no! DeJong is the best of his type we can sign in central midfield, but possibly a couple of good other options,,,,so not hugely worried.....unless one is Neves.....not the answer. What I am really conerned with is we are not even after a second central midfielder....mroe Mctominay, Fred and I even add Fernandes....doesnt matter who you add, its still not solved in midfield. I am concerned that striker options longer term we may sign a dud this summer when Id rather sign none at all for a year if thats the case, even though for me there is a potential superstar in Giouri.

I have a strong feeling, come the end of this window, bar the contracts ending there are no more than five leave, probably four and there are three signings, possibly only one a principal target....thats the bad case scenario for me.....if it happens, Ten Hag is in big big trouble in his first season with the group of players he has......like I said, judge at the end of the window (though hard to be confident at the moment, far from it obviously so far)

Infestissumam

Have they signed a player or not?

I enjoy the way you’ve reduced the transfer business these clubs have done to nothing. Quite the effort.

I don’t see moaning or fear-mongering; I see people calling a spade a spade. Like I said, we are well past the point in which good will exists. The club need to prove people like me that I’m wrong, and until then my scepticism is warranted.
it makes no sense lumping in a contract renewal with the other transfers in that list, and I'm sure you understand that. Re-signing a player and pulling off a transfer are two different things entirely.

I'm not reducing their business to nothing, but I am also refusing to lose all hope just because we haven't signed anybody yet while Spurs have added Perisic. The picture can easily be different in a week or two.

jesperjaap

hey, I get it. This last season especially has turned me into a cynical fecker too. But I do think it's way too early to lose it ... people wouldn't be happy if we just carelessly splashed the cash either. For example, overpaying for FDJ makes no sense if Barcelona are desperate and there's no real competition (from what I can see). It really doesn't matter to me if we sign him on June 15 or June 30, the end result is going to be the same. If we fail to bring in players before preseason, I'll lose it too. But still quite some time until then.
True, but I think DeJOng cocming or not coming is key to other deals both in terms of spend and who we bring in dependant or not of him coming. If we are confident he is coming then we can plan ahead....but I still find ti hard to beleive nobody else comes in for him once progression is made.

SOundign really negative, but we are talking about one of the worlds best at the right age here.......I would not be the least bit surprised it if turns into a "we have in in the bag" and somebody swoops in for him at the last minute and its late in the window and we are clamebering around desperate for others....it has happened many a time before with us an dother clubs. For me we need to get this done one way or another to sort our whole window out

Kag

it makes no sense lumping in a contract renewal with the other transfers in that list, and I'm sure you understand that. Re-signing a player and pulling off a transfer are two different things entirely.

I'm not reducing their business to nothing, but I am also refusing to lose all hope just because we haven't signed anybody yet while Spurs have added Perisic. The picture can easily be different in a week or two.
You appeared to dismiss the business that Liverpool, Spurs and Bayern have done.

Pick away at the detail all you want, but the fact remains that they’ve gone out and completed relevant business and improved their squads.

If and when the picture is different then I’ll say so.

croadyman

New staff, new manager and the window has only just opened.

Lets judge at the end of the window regardign our signings....not that this can be accurate as lots on here were banging on about title challenges....even though we didnt sign a single central midfielder.

BUT.....cant lie, getting a feeling off been here before and the same story so far.....especially after such a poor season

Cut throat approach to moving players on
Big players linked before window opens
Elite world class talents provide page after pager of transfer rumours

Well one difference this summer of course is several players have moved due to there contracts ending, we knew that was coming....early days but Perreira and Martial are still here even, not one has moved yet

We were linked all last year with Halland, goes to City, Nunez goes to Liverpool. We are now getting page afger page on DejoNG....see Sneijder, Vidal, Thiago past threads

There are possibly obvious good deals. We need a good defensive midfielder....the best free option has gone to ASTON VILLA! Possibly the best bargain signing at a reasonable fee that suited our needs...is goin gto Spurs. A great signing far cheaper than DejOng had his contract ending, signed a new one at Lyon/

For me the two most exciting striker signings, one may go to Newcastle and not seen a single link to the other.

I wont lie, so far finding it concernign what is happening and not happening.

What is hapenign in the press at least is we are apparently happy with Dalot at right back....possibly our worst defender! We have faith in Rashford, possibly our worst player last season.

Maybe there are some signings under the radar, sure DeJOng and Timber are two though....are we really waiting to see what happens with DeJOng before pursuing other targets....heard that before.

For me there are three or four real quality centre backs we can pursue, so not to worried there,,,,unless one is Pau Torres, please no! DeJong is the best of his type we can sign in central midfield, but possibly a couple of good other options,,,,so not hugely worried.....unless one is Neves.....not the answer. What I am really conerned with is we are not even after a second central midfielder....mroe Mctominay, Fred and I even add Fernandes....doesnt matter who you add, its still not solved in midfield. I am concerned that striker options longer term we may sign a dud this summer when Id rather sign none at all for a year if thats the case, even though for me there is a potential superstar in Giouri.

I have a strong feeling, come the end of this window, bar the contracts ending there are no more than five leave, probably four and there are three signings, possibly only one a principal target....thats the bad case scenario for me.....if it happens, Ten Hag is in big big trouble in his first season with the group of players he has......like I said, judge at the end of the window (though hard to be confident at the moment, far from it obviously so far)
Might be new staff but same old story

croadyman

True, but I think DeJOng cocming or not coming is key to other deals both in terms of spend and who we bring in dependant or not of him coming. If we are confident he is coming then we can plan ahead....but I still find ti hard to beleive nobody else comes in for him once progression is made.

SOundign really negative, but we are talking about one of the worlds best at the right age here.......I would not be the least bit surprised it if turns into a "we have in in the bag" and somebody swoops in for him at the last minute and its late in the window and we are clamebering around desperate for others....it has happened many a time before with us an dother clubs. For me we need to get this done one way or another to sort our whole window out
Yeah stop dithering and make a decision either way because we have so much to do

jesperjaap

Perisic is a weird one bar squad depth unless they are plannig playing him as a wing back. But Conte has doen good deals so far.....and Bissouma looks like going there, on paper is a massive improvement there for them, but you never know, I thought NDOmbele and is id Davidson Sanchez(?) would be big signings for them. If they get him and sign a quality centre back, I think they look good next year though

Infra-red

They really cannot do what I think they’re doing can they? Buying nobody? To be fair if they are selling I’d take us going down to get these leeches out.
They will be working pretty hard behind the scenes to get players in and they will get a few in.

People expecting five or six new players and net spends of £150m+ are going to be disappointed, though. United don't have that kind of muscle and will have an uphill battle to persuade top players that Old Trafford is the right home for them.

I'm sure that Ten Hag will look to rejuvenate and rebuild the squad, but we will have to wait a few years to see if that process bears any fruit.

croadyman

They will be working pretty hard behind the scenes to get players in and they will get a few in.

People expecting five or six new players and net spends of £150m+ are going to be disappointed, though. United don't have that kind of muscle and will have an uphill battle to persuade top players that Old Trafford is the right home for them.

I'm sure that Ten Hag will look to rejuvenate and rebuild the squad, but we will have to wait a few years to see if that process bears any fruit.
I admire you staying so calm about it when this shitshow of a midfield is ridiculous. Have only signed ONE DM in 5 YEARS

caleb2003

All the bootlickers talking about waiting until the end of the window in true Fellaini style, do they not realise that we have a new coaching team with a totally different way of playing that is going to require time on the training ground to implement? If we need 4 new players for the first team then they need to be ready to go for the 1st game not 'settling in'. Efficiency in this regard would have been identifying the key targets and having all the negotiations concluded so that could just sign the papers on market open day and then everyone can go on holiday until preseason training. United post Glazers/SAF do that in reverse. We're all going to be watching Sky Sports on closing day until the last minute with hopium once again.

croadyman

All the bootlickers talking about waiting until the end of the window in true Fellaini style, do they not realise that we have a new coaching team with a totally different way of playing that is going to require time on the training ground to implement? If we need 4 new players for the first team then they need to be ready to go for the 1st game not 'settling in'. Efficiency in this regard would have been identifying the key targets and having all the negotiations concluded so that could just sign the papers on market open day and then everyone can go on holiday until preseason training. United post Glazers/SAF do that in reverse. We're all going to be watching Sky Sports on closing day until the last minute with hopium once again.
Newbie nails it again which is telling

ReallyUSA

I don't think people would mind if the team didn't have it's worst season while most of us been adults. You would assume that United would've been working feverishly on completing deals to fix this shit back in April.

croadyman

I don't think people would mind if the team didn't have it's worst season while most of us been adults. You would assume that United would've been working feverishly on completing deals to fix this shit back in April.
Yeah then you remember how awful we are run

I’m loving my life

But Murtough, Arnold and Fletcher are changing the way we do things. You shouldn’t mention the Glazers because they don’t now destroy and hamper or make us into complete idiots in the transfer market anymore

croadyman

But Murtough, Arnold and Fletcher are changing the way we do things. You shouldn’t mention the Glazers because they don’t now destroy and hamper or make us into complete idiots in the transfer market anymore
Those three probably are trying to change how things are done, sadly those leeches are pulling their strings

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think we need to be honest, in that it might need ETH to in the main work with what we've got this season.

It's not a surprise, we're not very attractive to players right now, we're down on money, and we can't sell players.

I'm not saying sign nobody, but If ETH is as good as people think he'll get way more out the squad anyway, and we'll be in such a stronger position in the market next year.
He better be Jesus Christ to turn this bunch in to a team.
Even at their best they would still be miles behind the other two

We need better players. Can't stick another season of Rashford and McTominay

Vapor trail

I think we need to be honest, in that it might need ETH to in the main work with what we've got this season.

It's not a surprise, we're not very attractive to players right now, we're down on money, and we can't sell players.

I'm not saying sign nobody, but If ETH is as good as people think he'll get way more out the squad anyway, and we'll be in such a stronger position in the market next year.
That's not a realistic view, the club have lost too many first team players via contract expiration for the above to be a rational notion.

I think John Murtough is under pressure to deliver and the fact that the club are looking for a second DOF with lesser privileges to work alongside him is an alarming aspect and bit of a joke. Yes people can have their reservations about Woodward / Judge but they were at the very least experienced which is important in these phases of the season.

The club have done what id consider the right thing in letting Woodward go but his replacement has no prior dealings with the role he's delegated to. So there are no sure football people in any of the hierarchy from top to bottom. How the Glazer family have amassed such a fortune I have no idea they seem to lack any credible business acumen.

RedChisel

The people espousing patience might have a point if we hadn't had 10 years of incompetence in the transfer market. There's no reason to believe these scumbag owners have suddenly seen the light and are now doing everything by the book.

vangagal

Other clubs make signing as soon as they possibly can. I just hope we are not leave it too late untill season start like before.
Oh, please sign ETH's first choices target please. I dont want to see another 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc choices being signed then thrown out barraged of excuses after that.

Danish Wizard

In the best version, we should have the squad ready for the new manager when pre-season starts. It would be ideal for him to work with all the players as soon as possible.
To work with players that will be sold, and also have to wait for new players is not good. A serious club would give the new man in charge a good position, to try catching the clubs ahead. But United.....

Oldtraffordboy

This is purely down to incompetence and inexperience. Just like it was when Woodward started.

We have youth team coaches and accountants running the show.

Everyone is learning on the job.

Green Arrow

I don’t expect we will get into top 4 next season to be honest. All I hope is that we will get more money ball type of signings this summer, to get play the way ETH is looking for. But it seems we are heading into wrong direction into transfer market so far, onto those unrealistic/fairly expensive targets who doesn’t want to join us.
With rumours going around about us pulling out of the deal it's typical of us spend 5 weeks on this deal and not pay the price. Surely they must have known about the price of the player before hand.

I wonder what EtH thinks of all this maybe he should have listened to Van Gaal and stayed at Ajax, if there was a cooling off period in his contract to say he can change his mind and rip up his contract and walk away I would do that right now (know that would never be the case). He is being set up to fail that's what I can see.

Ralph1386

Spot on

Last edited:

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Why rush? So long as they’re in for pressson. Can save ourselves a couple of million in wages over the next three weeks.

RedChisel

Why rush? So long as they’re in for pressson. Can save ourselves a couple of million in wages over the next three weeks.
I actually think this is the Glazers thinking. Drag transfers out as long as possible to save on wages.

Sod planning and giving the manager time to bed the players in. It's all about more money in the coffers for the Glazer dividends. These people are only interested in the bottom line so it's entirely logical that they would think like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.