Have we sold anyone yet? Summer 2022 edition: Pereira finally gone. No one else of note!

Sparky Rhiwabon

How are we doing against the £120m from outgoings that people on here were adding onto our transfer budget? Will be good to keep track.

ThanksBoss26

Expecting a good few to follow post tour when ETH (who apparently wants a smaller squad) has taken a look and then tells players that they're not in his plans. Until then, most of the players will take the chance to try and convince him rather than move on prior.

Pereira though I hope will go this week given it looks like we've accepted the offer from Fulham.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The dream is that we unveil a few of our signings with the kit launch, but dont see how we keep that quiet :lol:

Saying that we did it with Varane.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Expecting a good few to follow post tour when ETH (who apparently wants a smaller squad) has taken a look and then tells players that they're not in his plans. Until then, most of the players will take the chance to try and convince him rather than move on prior.

Pereira though I hope will go this week given it looks like we've accepted the offer from Fulham.
Wait where has it been reported that he wants a smaller squad?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Telles Bailly Pereira for about 8-10 a piece should help fund a winger. AWB I think will be loaned, and if so, we may need RB cover too.

Ideally, if Newcastle really cant get their striker deal done then I am hoping they just punt on Martial as the 9 and offer 25-30m. That would be a massive boost for all parties.

ThanksBoss26

Wait where has it been reported that he wants a smaller squad?

James Robson

@jamesalanrobson

Ten Hag could clear out another 9 senior players this summer. He wants to work with a leaner squad and plans on making five signings #mufc

Sorry can't get the tweet to load but this was from 30 June. Recall reading a similar thing around a week prior too (though could have been the same journalist)

Blood Mage

This is even more disappointing than our lack of incomings. I was optimistic when we leaked to the press about listening to offers for AWB but crickets since then.

Bogga

Which players have we heard rumours about so far?

Bailly - Fulham
Pereira - Fulham
Jones - Unless I'm dreaming I think I read some club were interested, but I can't remember which?

croadyman

Starting to look like Erik will get a chance under AWB which worries me, attack down the flank will very left top heavy if he stays

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Frenkie actually comes, my bet is Garner is loaned out again. Bailly, tuanzebe, Jones are pointless at CB. Telles obviously pointless. The rest are if someone comes in, they should leave, but keep until that point.

Tallis

We can sell Bailly, Telles, Williams, Tuanzebe (assuming we sign a CB), and release Chong, Jones.

£30m from selling some of them and clearing some squad spots is probably best we can expect.

Woziak

Reality check coming for the club, some of these players are on decent wages have 2 to 3 years left and are going to be difficult to shift, we might get more out with Loan deals . Forrest Paid about £2M for Henderson, but he still got 3+1 left on his contract.
A Pereira - Sold 8M Fulham
So incoming £10M so far, I think we will get rid of AWB, Brandon Williams, A Telles, Eric Bailey, T Chong, Ronaldo, Axel Tuanzebe, Phil Jones will be injured again and not move.
The club is terrible at selling players however I think Jose at Roma will fancy Bailey and AWB and offer us £30M for both , they have new money. We’ll get 15M for Ronaldo and £15M for Telles, Chong, Brandon Williams and Axel combined. Shocking really when you consider a Southampton paid £25M for two of City’s youth team. That’s 60m plus 120m is 180M to spend, makes more sense now listening to Arnold’s pub interview when he said we have 100-200m to spend depending on who the managers wants

UnitedFire

Reality check coming for the club, some of these players are on decent wages have 2 to 3 years left and are going to be difficult to shift, we might get more out with Loan deals . Forrest Paid about £2M for Henderson, but he still got 3+1 left on his contract.
So incoming £10M so far, I think we will get rid of AWB, Brandon Williams, A Telles, Eric Bailey, T Chong, Ronaldo, Axel Tuanzebe, Phil Jones will be injured again and not move.
The club is terrible at selling players however I think Jose at Roma will fancy Bailey and AWB and offer us £30M for both , they have new money. We’ll get 15M for Ronaldo and £15M for Telles, Chong, Brandon Williams and Axel combined. Shocking really when you consider a Southampton paid £25M for two of City’s youth team. That’s 60m plus 120m is 180M to spend, makes more sense now listening to Arnold’s pub interview when he said we have 100-200m to spend depending on who the managers wants
You realise there are just a few weeks of the transfer window left and so far we've sold one player in about 2 months!

I wouldn't be so hopeful!

ThanksBoss26

Manager will have had the opportunity to have a decent look at players now including those who are realistically probably making a last ditch attempt to save their career with us during pre-season.

I do expect post the pre-season games a few will be told they're not in his plans.

We probably won't be able to shift them all for the reasons others have mentioned but there's a few you can already imagine the writing is on the wall for and it's just a matter of if someone comes in for them - Telles, Wan-Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Jones, Williams, Chong. Also, Bailly might go - don't think he'll be happy with another season as back-up. Plus of course, there's the Ronaldo issue.

Couple of youngsters left out the tour - Galbraith, Bernard, Mengi - chance one or two of those move on too maybe.

Mr Smith

Every year people here do the math and "find" transfer money for player sales, and every year it proves to be not that simple. Some players can't find buyers, some players don't want to leave, some players the manager/club would prefer to keep. I agree we're not great at selling players, but even then this isn't career mode. We released a ton of players at the start of the season; I guarantee you right now we won't sell all, or even most of the players you listed.

Woziak

You realise there are just a few weeks of the transfer window left and so far we've sold one player in about 2 months!

I wouldn't be so hopeful!
Transfer Window finishes in 7 weeks it ends Thursday 1st September, most of these transfers discussions have been going on since May/June , we won’t get rid of all but I can see another 4 or 5 going out the door to join Andrea’s and Dean Henderson.We need the money to get our targets. So I’m sure these outward transfers are ongoing with the hope we get a few done soon.

UnitedFire

Transfer Window finishes in 7 weeks it ends Thursday 1st September, most of these transfers discussions have been going on since May/June , we won’t get rid of all but I can see another 4 or 5 going out the door to join Andrea’s and Dean Henderson.We need the money to get our targets. So I’m sure these outward transfers are ongoing with the hope we get a few done soon.
I hope so. Would be a good step change if with all the frees we can add several other outgoings.

We've carried so much dead wood for so long that it's made up a noticable percentage of our wider squad.

Yakuza_devils

Apart from Pereira who already left, none of our players are rumoured to be linked to other clubs.

Either our deadwoods are very bad or we pay insane salary to them that no other clubs are interested/can afford.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Players who are at the club but won't be a starter or part of the 2nd 11 as it stands:

• Bailly
  • Jones
  • Tuanzebe
  • Telles
  • Williams
  • Laird
  • Pellistri
  • Amad
  • Chong
We should be working on selling or loaning out all of these, otherwise we're just way too bloated, especially in defensive positions. Just get a leaner group, everything improves without unnecessary bloat.

croadyman

Apart from Pereira who already left, none of our players are rumoured to be linked to other clubs.

Either our deadwoods are very bad or we pay insane salary to them that no other clubs are interested/can afford.
Your second paragraph nails exactly why we are unable to sell any more players

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I think we've done very well this summer after getting rid of so many players and bringing in a top coach to improve the team. And then we have a few more departures next year. I think we'll be alright with what we have done this summer, it's good steady business imo.

ThanksBoss26

Players who are at the club but won't be a starter or part of the 2nd 11 as it stands:

• Bailly
  • Jones
  • Tuanzebe
  • Telles
  • Williams
  • Laird
  • Pellistri
  • Amad
  • Chong
We should be working on selling or loaning out all of these, otherwise we're just way too bloated, especially in defensive positions. Just get a leaner group, everything improves without unnecessary bloat.
I think the vast majority of these will be somewhere else (albeit some on loan) come the end of the window.

MrSingh2002

Who have we really got left to sell/release?

Release/Sell -
Jones

Sell -
Bailly

Sell if replaced in the squad -
Shaw
AWB
Maguire
Martial

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Who have we really got left to sell/release?

Release/Sell -
Jones

Sell -
Bailly

Sell if replaced in the squad -
Shaw
AWB
Maguire
Martial
What makes you think there is any intention to sell Shaw or Maguire!?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Napoli were linked with Bailly and Lindelof but they’re about to sign a centre back from Fenerbahce so that’s probably over.

Phil Jones will likely remain. No club will sign a player as injury prone as him, unless he’s goes on a free and/or he signs a pay as you play deal. But I doubt he would want to do that.

Telles, haven’t seen any links for his departure

MrSingh2002

What makes you think there is any intention to sell Shaw or Maguire!?
Could they be improved upon by replacing them? My answer is yes and I doubt Erik Ten Hag disagrees with me.

Going forwards Ten Hag will look to strengthen the starting lineup and squad every window. Not many untouchable players in our lineup.

Maybe De Gea, Varane, Fernandes and Sancho. They're pretty much the only guarantees to start when fit.

Gandalf

We did sell Levitt for 300K to Dundee United so that will pay Ronaldo's wages for 4 days!

I am not sure about takers for the rest of our dross and the idea that Jose is going to find 30M to buy AWB and Bailly made me laugh, Roma have a huge squad and had to shift some players just to free up room to sign Dybala on a free.

I think the reason we are moving slowly is a lot of the players we are trying to shift are going to be Plan B or C for whoever ends up signing them. I am sure someone will end up offering us money for Bailly but it will be late in the window when Napoli have not found their Koulibally replacement or maybe if Torres ends up leaving Villareal and they fancy a reunion. We do have links for Chong to Feyenoord which may materialize and Brighton were meant to be sniffing around Axel but they valued him at around 3M so lets not get excited. I expect half a dozen deals to get done fairly close to the end of the window once the players know if they are out of the first team picture and when the second tier clubs get desperate having missed out on all the competent players available.

UnitedFire

I think we've done very well this summer after getting rid of so many players and bringing in a top coach to improve the team. And then we have a few more departures next year. I think we'll be alright with what we have done this summer, it's good steady business imo.
Are you joking?

We've done 'very well' to keep Lingard and barely use him last year when we could have got £20-30m and then he leaves us for free and a years waste salary?

We've done well to pay Mata for 3 years of barely playing and taking opportunities away from youngsters and then gone for free?

We've done well for our best midfielder to leave for free in Matic?

We've done well to see Pogba go for free again despite him being worth £100m-£150m if we sold him 2 or 3 years ago when it was already abundantly clear that he was over rated, but his stats created a value for him.

We've done well to see Cavani take a years wages for doing nothing which was likely from pissing him off by brining in Ronaldo and treating Cavani like a youth prospect.

We managed to get a reasonable fee for Pereira, but let's be honest it's from an impressive fee.

Then we have got rid of a player rated as having potential for the equivalent of a bag of peanuts.

The manager and incomings look decent, but let's be honest...
Eriksen is another end of career freebie who might be great, but might be barely used, lose form and just be a Mata one in one out. It doesn't help he is missing the tour when should have been on it.

Malacia looks great, good value, but plenty of our youth team look great and don't make it, so I'll reserve judgement till I see him show something in the Prem. Amad was raved about too and De Beek, hardly been much to shout about so far. Malacia could easily be 2nd/3rd kick and barely have a chance.

Martinez looks way over priced. Even if he becomes great you have to weigh up the risk of him not being great and no amount of success will justify over paying. Again one to reserve judgement. Also quite possibly a reserve if Ten Hag continues to back Maguire and Lindelof. I'd hope for the price we make some change here, but I'm concerned we aren't rotating out players to bring in new ones. Just bloating the squad in already bloated areas and still not covering the key missing areas like central/ holding midfield and attack.

Also why is an Ajax player not on the tour. This should have been wrapped up straight after Ten Hag was. We've way over paid and wasted time doing it.

There is reason for optimism of improvement, but lets leave it at that. We currently look way off top 4 so for all the talk of 'very well', I'd say we are just getting started, but by now should be much further along.