Have we sold anyone yet? Summer 2022 edition: Pereira finally gone. No one else of note!

I’m loving my life

Are you joking?

We've done 'very well' to keep Lingard and barely use him last year when we could have got £20-30m and then he leaves us for free and a years waste salary?

We've done well to pay Mata for 3 years of barely playing and taking opportunities away from youngsters and then gone for free?

We've done well for our best midfielder to leave for free in Matic?

We've done well to see Pogba go for free again despite him being worth £100m-£150m if we sold him 2 or 3 years ago when it was already abundantly clear that he was over rated, but his stats created a value for him.

We've done well to see Cavani take a years wages for doing nothing which was likely from pissing him off by brining in Ronaldo and treating Cavani like a youth prospect.

We managed to get a reasonable fee for Pereira, but let's be honest it's from an impressive fee.

Then we have got rid of a player rated as having potential for the equivalent of a bag of peanuts.

The manager and incomings look decent, but let's be honest...
Eriksen is another end of career freebie who might be great, but might be barely used, lose form and just be a Mata one in one out. It doesn't help he is missing the tour when should have been on it.

Malacia looks great, good value, but plenty of our youth team look great and don't make it, so I'll reserve judgement till I see him show something in the Prem. Amad was raved about too and De Beek, hardly been much to shout about so far. Malacia could easily be 2nd/3rd kick and barely have a chance.

Martinez looks way over priced. Even if he becomes great you have to weigh up the risk of him not being great and no amount of success will justify over paying. Again one to reserve judgement. Also quite possibly a reserve if Ten Hag continues to back Maguire and Lindelof. I'd hope for the price we make some change here, but I'm concerned we aren't rotating out players to bring in new ones. Just bloating the squad in already bloated areas and still not covering the key missing areas like central/ holding midfield and attack.

Also why is an Ajax player not on the tour. This should have been wrapped up straight after Ten Hag was. We've way over paid and wasted time doing it.

There is reason for optimism of improvement, but lets leave it at that. We currently look way off top 4 so for all the talk of 'very well', I'd say we are just getting started, but by now should be much further along.
Doom and cyanide gloom. Yes things have been pretty bad. But at least a lot of the players you mentioned have now gone. We need to look at the Prozac positives. The balance of the force is now being restored.

croadyman

I think we've done very well this summer after getting rid of so many players and bringing in a top coach to improve the team. And then we have a few more departures next year. I think we'll be alright with what we have done this summer, it's good steady business imo.
Problem is we have only got money for one whereas the rest were end of contracts

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think United really need a RB, maybe the possibility of moving on Telles and AWB at this point is necessary. Loved AWB from a defensive stand point but now its time he is moved on he doesnt do the right things going forward.

Wonder if they can move on Jones this window too.

croadyman

I think United really need a RB, maybe the possibility of moving on Telles and AWB at this point is necessary. Loved AWB from a defensive stand point but now its time he is moved on he doesnt do the right things going forward.

Wonder if they can move on Jones this window too.
Need to upgrade right side totally

Blood Mage

It would seem that Ten Hag is impressed with Dalot so far and we probably won't buy another RB unless Wan Bissaka is sold. I'm not totally convinced Dalot's pre-season form will carry over to competitive football but we'll see.

VivaRonaldo85

Who else could we move on to un bloat the squad of players not good and/or fit enough to wear the shirt,

AWB
Bailly
Jones
Telles
Pereira (is he still here?)
Martial

The only one people might make a case for keeping is Martial and that’s by default as we’re so lightweight in forward areas plus he has had his usual decent pre season in meaningless friendlies only used to get players fit.

Lights Out

Interesting story this morning that if Cucurella goes to City then Brighton will bid £15m for Brandon Williams as a replacement.

ThanksBoss26

I always thought that most of the outgoings would come later on while players held on to try and impress the new manager (hopelessly in most cases) but like to think they'll get going now.

I still think Tuanzebe, Williams, Bailly, Chong and Telles will go permanently.

Jones I'm sure we'd let go for next to nothing but we might be relying on Rooney and DC United to come in.

Wan Bissaka will be a loan at best.

Laird I think will go, but not sure if that Ajax interest was for a permanent or loan (or even how genuine)

Ronaldo - I reckon will go and hope that isn't a loan.

Tallis

Interesting story this morning that if Cucurella goes to City then Brighton will bid £15m for Brandon Williams as a replacement.
That will be great news and restore my faith partly in the clubs transfer capabilities

Who else could we move on to un bloat the squad of players not good and/or fit enough to wear the shirt,

AWB
Bailly
Jones
Telles
Pereira (is he still here?)
Martial

The only one people might make a case for keeping is Martial and that’s by default as we’re so lightweight in forward areas plus he has had his usual decent pre season in meaningless friendlies only used to get players fit.
No, we sold him to Fulham

bringbackbebe

Other than AWB, Bailly, Jones, Telles - we should also get rid of youth players who are not likely to make it. Chong, Laird, Tuanzebe, Mengi and Williams. Holding onto them and releasing them on a free when contract expires is bad business. Should learn from City how to sell as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Telles to Sevilla. Saw some talk of Fulham in for Bailly, Sevilla keeping tabs on Bailly as well as Roma. So think it's safe to say those 2 will leave.

Jones, Williams and Tuanzebe have to go too. Then we'll finally have a clean squad to work with where anyone that is sold needs a replacement and isn't just straight up dead wood.

::sonny::

Roma enquired for Lindelof

They are selling Vertetout to Marseille and kluivert to fulham, carlos perez and villar in spain, shomurodov on the way out

There’s few money

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Roma enquired for Lindelof

They are selling Vertetout to Marseille and kluivert to fulham, carlos perez and villar in spain, shomurodov on the way out

There’s few money
We'd sooner sell Varane than Lindelöf in the current pecking order.

jesperjaap

Its shocking our selling of players, and it is our fault. Dan James is the only player we have made a decent profit on and in seven yeas the only two significant sales DiMaria and Lukakau were also sold at a significant loss.

Yet a few years ago we gave new contracts to Mata, Jones, Matic, Young and Valencia to protect our interests.....didnt every one of them leave on a free bar Jones who is still here and has barely played a game since signing. We also kept Pogba when he could have been sold for decent money arfter doign little of note with two years left on his contact.

Yet several years later, the same msitakes are being made. We give Fernandes a new lucrative contract in the middle of a season he has been diabolical, we will probably give Dalot a new contract soon too.

And so ar in a season beying the people leaving free, we have as of yet not boug tin £10m from sales and only loaned a couple of players out?

Henderson has ideas above his station, should be sold
Telles is a good professional and not a very good footballer, should have been sold for whatever we could get for him, wages off the books
Tuanzabe and Willams simply have no future here (again one as given a cotnract after 6months of breakig through)
Bailly - down the pecking order and talk of loans not sales
VDB has so far been a huge failure and on loan, yet is till here
Martial we seem unable to sell
Chong....how on earth is he still here int he first team?

Thats seven players of dead wood, it goes beyong that....

Maguire - £80m a season of amazing poor performances....he is still our captain? Sure would have been suitors at a decent price
Dalot - Our starting full back with a year left on cotnract, will get another....isnt good enough yet still him AND Bissaka are here
Fred -Cost us over £50m, works hard, good attitude, looked ok further forward but we have several attacking midfielders.....yet is an accident waiting to happen in the pivot and still loads of people on here back him, why? Wy are we not lookign to move him on, he isnt good enough
Mctominay - Compared favourably with Rice a couple of years ago, says so much about how blinkered so many of our fans are
Rashford - Tell you now, he will do nothing of note consistently this season, we could have sold him for £50m+ this summer, he will get a new cotnract or wind one down...Pogba all over again contradct wise
Martial - As above only e cant sell him and seems the owners didnt want to when Mourinho was in charge, a colossosal waste of cash

Thats 13/14 players I dont believe in AT ALL, obviously with the contract leavers we wouldnt sell anywher enear all of them.....we havent sold any of them.

We should have sold over double what we have spent so far, our net spend should be -£50m, we should be looking at 3 major signings, well they shoulo dhav ebene done yet here we are still trying to sign DeJong....reminds me of Thiago when we ended up with Fellaini. So many decent players have alread moved.

Its an utter shit show and the selling has been a big part of our failures