Have you ever been less excited for a return to football after a long break?

UnitedFire

If feels like forever since our last game and whilst I'm still looking forward to watching the game tomorrow I'm about as unexcited as I can ever remember being.

LVG football was truly dull so I guess there is that, but you still felt like his dull play might achieve something.. And he did with the FA Cup at least.

Right now we look like we're living on a prayer just to get 4th! Hard to get excited about that.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I said many times in the past that good football and entertaining attacking football isnt all that.

It's the spirit of competition. Knowing that matches you win matter

There's no point playing beautiful football fighting for 5th spot.

You need lots of both but if i have to choose i choose ugly football chasing 1st all day and twice on matchday.

Match are fun when there's stake in it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Our season will be over with another draw or two and a loss to Liverpool. It’s not been an exciting season by any stretch. Just finding out that our squad isn’t up for the fight is something I suppose. Let’s finally move on from these players

Bondi77

I said many times in the past that good football and entertaining attacking football isnt all that.

You need lots of both but if i have to choose i choose ugly football chasing 1st all day and twice on matchday.

So you don’t actually enjoy the game but you are happy if we win?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Havent been excited since Ole left. Squad is in deep shit and I have written off the season. But I wouldnt say this is the least exciting period though, that'd be Moyes period.

hobbers

It was worse coming back after that international break that Ole should have been sacked in but wasn't.

manutddjw

I’m excited. I hate to be Wenger and big up the top 4 trophy but it’s keeping me interested. Plus my arsenal supporting friends have gotten so cocky and bigging up Arteta like he’s the second coming that if we pip them to 4th I’m going to celebrate like we won a trophy.

Greck

This is reducing everything to binary. Good football for the sake of playing for nothing wasn't ever an option. The option was playing good football that would lay foudnations for a higher ceiling in the long term, similar to Klopp when he finished 8th in his first season. Our current situation has no such parallels with that. We don't have a manager for next season and have a squad we expect to be gutted, Almost zero young foundational pieces with Greenwood gone. We aren't even playing good thanks to an overreliance on all these janky players. Now if ETH were here already the comparison would make more sense.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Just football in general.
Utds current state of affairs is a huge let down. The only big thing left to look forward to, is who our new manager will be. The WC is a big let down on a number of fronts, Im not a fan of it being held in Qatar but thats a whole debate being held elsewhere but add in that Scotland are waiting to play Ukraine and I have just read about the difficulties for Ukraine in keeping their players match fit on top of all the obvious heart aches they have at present . This should be a build up to an epic game but cant help but feel unsure about the whole thing. Liverpool and City being the only real contenders just adds in another layer.

Red_toad

Personally really happy United are back in action. Don’t get how people are so feckin miserable about watching a sport, you’d think we were Hartlepool by the way some people go on….

I won’t be watching the game. It’s not because there’s nothing to play for but rather that the manager and players won’t be here next season. I dislike this group of players so much with their lack of effort and attitude.

I am taking a break from football until pre-season returns.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I started following football, and United, since 1993. Back then, Liverpool had won their league in 1990. We are now uncrowned for 9 years. For Liverpool, 9 years since their 1990 First Division trophy would be our treble year. That sounds incredible to my mind. I think the direction football has taken, plus all of the scandals with FIFA, the World Cup, Greenwood etc have dampened my enthusiasm for football. The fact that I no longer take pleasure in watching annoying teams get undone (e.g. PSG), allied with the fact that my schedule doesn't allow me to watch Champions League football, all of this have taken a toll on me and I don't like football that much.

Lemon Moon

Negative Nellie.

Come on let's have a bit of positivity for a change, it's still all to play for. The players need as much positive vibes as they can get to push on.

Lemon Moon

I won’t be watching the game. It’s not because there’s nothing to play for but rather that the manager and players won’t be here next season. I dislike this group of players so much with their lack of effort and attitude.

What a sausage, taking your ball in. Big girls don't cry.

Widow

This is some depressing shite. Just enjoy the game, there are some terrible things happening around the world so I feel lucky we have football to escape from it all for 90 minutes. Yes, it's a crap season but we can still take pleasure in watching our team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It was worse coming back after that international break that Ole should have been sacked in but wasn't.
Only thing is you all thought he was going to be replaced by a top manager. Instead we got Locomotive Moscow's sporting director and have been knocked out of the FA cup by a championship side, CL by a very ordinary Atletico team and have continued to stutter in the PL.

It hasn't worked.

Bocca9978

Didn’t watch England’s internationals, just waiting for the WC.

Can’t wait to see United play again. As it should be.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Sure we're not in great shape and fighting for 4th place isn't sexy in any way but it is what it is, as long as we have something to play for I'm looking forward to watching the games.

Red00012

I’m going for a few pints for it I’m more excited for pints than the game

foolsgold

Struggling for any enthusiasm for the season, just want to get the season over and get a new manager in.

Taking every game one at a time and trying not to think about where we finish

crossy1686

career ending
This week and a bit off have been great, was kind of hoping the season was done, but there’s only a handful of games left before we get peace again.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Hard to get excited when I dislike the majority of our squad because they've proven themselves to be selfish pricks and our season is basically over.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What's there to look forward to? We're out of every competition, nothing to compete for except a spot in the Europa League. Meanwhile Liverpool are on for the quadruple

sidsutton

Do us all a favour and take break from posting too. Getting strong Schmeichel’s Cartwheel vibes from this one.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
This is some depressing shite. Just enjoy the game, there are some terrible things happening around the world so I feel lucky we have football to escape from it all for 90 minutes. Yes, it's a crap season but we can still take pleasure in watching our team.
There are awful things happening in football too. What do you watch to escape from that? Table tennis?

Daengophile

I'm excited to see how the young players improve
I'm excited to see who the new coach is
I'm excited to see who we sign and who we let go
I'm excited to see players come back from Loans

The summer matches in Thailand and Australia are not right for our moment in time. The arms of commerce have won

The rest of the season isn't capable of exciting the imagination

KeanoMagicHat

But the football we play is shite regardless, and it's not successful. I could understand this point if we were scoring unbelievable goals and drawing every game 3-3 but we aren't. Also to compete for a league with Liverpool and Man City, you have to be able to score a lot more than we have. Attacking football is a requirement. Chelsea have conceded a similar number of goals to City and Liverpool, the reason they've fallen behind them is that they have scored significantly less. And they still have scored 9 more goals than us.

Spaghetti

Mom's

Absolutely. Football is pretty boring if you don’t care who wins, or if the teams are not fighting for anything. It’s all in the passion and the excitement and hope for an important goal.

I’d forgotten we were playing today until I saw this thread. Will still watch, though.

redshaw

Yes it is, even if under LVG it was technically worse we were only a couple of years in post Fergie, there was still lots of hope plus and FA Cup and only lost out to top 4 on the final day. I think it's the dressing room problems, the underserved contracts together with the poor effort to let top four just slide away like that, they have the capability to be ~60 points at this stage. Those draws to bottom of the league teams and getting rinsed by the top teams 9 years in with the money spent is appalling. This team could even slip behind Spurs.

AndySmith1990

It's only because our last game was a loss. The mood will shift if we win later and there will be renewed optimism.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s a bit meh for me. Hopefully we will see some youngsters play in the remaining games.

Spoony

The People's President
Basically if you're not in the top 2 or 3 or fighting relegation, it's utterly pointless.

Is that right?