Have you ever bought an opposition teams shirt?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah when I was younger I had a collection of shirts of various clubs. Never a domestic rival though

macheda14

Of course not.
I would agree and then I remembered I have a Flamengo shirt with Adriano on the back. Which begs the question, how far away geographically does a team have to be for it to not really be much of an issue? Or is it always an issue?

lysglimt

Scout
I have roughly 100 at home….I used to collect them when I was younger

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I would agree and then I remembered I have a Flamengo shirt with Adriano on the back. Which begs the question, how far away geographically does a team have to be for it to not really be much of an issue? Or is it always an issue?
Are you allowed to cheat on your partner if you do it in a different continent? This is a similar but more serious a breach of honour.

lysglimt

Scout
Its not an issue for me unless it's Liverpool or City :)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I have bought International shirts - various England and South Africa shirts... and also have had France, Cameroon and a Brazil one.

Also bought /have had bought for me shirts for random clubs - so i have shirts for Deportivo (away), Barca, Orlando Pirates, Kaiser Cheifs and Celtic (as my Monday team play in green and white stripes)

Its mainly to play football in as I don't like playing in my United shirts (as they invariably get ruined through all the repetitive washing)

Alabaster Codify7

Yeah, I once had a Newcastle shirt, home one. And a Spurs away shirt way back in the day, a purpley coloured one. Weird looking back on it but didn't feel weird at the time, I just liked footy shirts. Owned lots of international ones too. When I first went backpacking I was picking up a shirt in each country in South America - Gremio from Brazil, for example.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I own a Chelsea scarf. Not really oppo for me though. I promised some of my Ajax mates I'd watch the CL final in an Ajax jersey if they made it. Thank feck for Lucas Moura.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
When I need a new top for playing football, I go on a classic shirt sellers website, and find the most obscure top I can that's cheap and in the right colour.

So I have had Lechia Gdansk, FC Luzern, and Greuther Furth tops.

But otherwise, no.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Bought a couple of AC Milan shirts in the mid 00's. Loved their shirt back then. I also bought the Madrid away jersey (I think it was green) not that long ago. Think I had a Spain jersey as well.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Can I redact my answer to; wearing football jerseys makes you look like a chav?

Alexit

Can I redact my answer to; wearing football jerseys makes you look like a chav?
Of course not! Stick to the topic.

I haven't, yet but plan on getting a white Toni Kroos kit; eventually.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Here is a comprehensive list of all the acceptable situations where an adult should wear a football jersey:
1, When playing football
2, When watching football

That's it.
Agreed. I used to wear them now and then when I was a teenager but grew out of that. I only wear them if I'm going to the gym or watching a game.

Tiber

A couple of random foreign teams. But to me opposition would mean an English team

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Here is a comprehensive list of all the acceptable situations where an adult should wear a football jersey:
1, When playing football
2, When watching football

That's it.
3, when role playing I'm John Terry to keep the spark in my marriage alive?

Judas

Open to offers
Only international ones when I was a nipper. Although I wanted the pink Juve shirt a few years back, but literally knew I'd never wear it because it's a football shirt.

MrBrightside1989

Not another English team. I have Aberdeen strips and in the past have had a few different club strips- AC Milan, PSG and a Real Betis one when I was young!
As well as a few different international strips.

Johnny Love

And look at this beauty...

Definitely those Borussia kits are insane. I would not hesitate for a second to get one. They remind me a lot of those dark kits Croatia had at the world cup. Those were cool too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I got a Republic of Ireland shirt in the early 2000s when I visited but I've never had a club football shirt other than United. I've no interest in wearing Barca, Real or Milan shirts.

Also that black Dortmund one is crap. Ours from 07-08 was better.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
No.

Whilst I'd like United to have some sort of blackout gear similar to Dortmund, it's just a black shirt at the end of the day and I couldn't possibly buy it because it is of another team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't really own any shirts anymore unfortunately but I used to have a fair few United and North End shirts knocking about.

stevoc

Got the 1993 AC Milan home shirt when i was a kid, came with a selection of iron on badges for some reason.

And thats it after that if i was getting a football shirt bought then it had to be United.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
I really don't see the problem in having if you like collecting these type of shirts. Except when you support Liverpool and buy United shirts and vice-versa.

Also, it would be really weird to wear other teams shirts all the time. But for a collection purpose and to wear every now and then, I think it's ok, especially if it's from a team of another country.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I remember buying and regularly wearing a West Ham top as a teenager. They were my go to team on computer games.

Combines terribly with a Bolton accent, so I got plenty of scowls thrown my way.