Have you ever bought an opposition teams shirt?

pacifictheme

I had a del piero juve shirt. Yellow trim home kit. Loved him as a player

Inter milan pink top for 5 a side purposes.

Brazil ronaldo shirt when i was 13.

Thats it. All united bar that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
For example, if you like Sterling and you want his shirt, but are a Manchester United fan, you end up buying an opposition teams kit.
And what's Sterling's views on this? Thought he wanted points deductions when fans are racist?

He's very quick to open his mouth when other team's fans are racist. Or when he's criticised and decides its because the media is racist.

He should be the first one condemning it when it's his own fans .

Oh sh*t,wrong thread.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I did buy an England "lionesses" t-shirt to wear at the Women's World Cup which still seems weird to me, given my normal negativity about international football {England especially ) as the natural enemy of club football and United in particular.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Yeah when I was younger I had a collection of shirts of various clubs. Never a domestic rival though
Agree with the bolded part. As long as it’s not an EPL team, or fecking Real Madrid it is OK. I also personally dislike Bayern, but that’s neither here nor there.

Don’t see any problem buying a beautiful shirt of BVB. They are not our rivals. We maybe play them once in 10 years.

Sara125

And what's Sterling's views on this? Thought he wanted points deductions when fans are racist?

He's very quick to open his mouth when other team's fans are racist. Or when he's criticised because the media is racist.

He should be the first one condemning it when it's his own fans .

Oh sh*t,wrong thread.
Fixed it for you :)

Pughnichi

Shamefully, when I was 8, I asked for the Liverpool kit cos it said Candy on it....and I loved sweets haha. <hangs head in shame>

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I had quite a few when I was a kid. Never another English club, except for a black and gold striped Sheffield Wednesday away shirt, which was pretty smart.

I haven't owned a United shirt since the 99 home shirt with that zip collar. These days, I've got an Ajax shirt and a Japan shirt that I got for peanuts off DHGate that I use for running and going to the gym. They were cheaper than the running tops in Sports Direct.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Not bought myself a shirt of any kind over a decade and nearly bought 3 in the last 2 weeks :lol:

Might go back for at least one! Quite like the Atlanta United shirt and the Mexico away one

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've got the Torino one with the player names making a pic of a bull I think it is. Lovely shirt, shame I'm a far bastard and put a load of weight on since.

Edit: this one

RedNed77

I had a soft spot for spurs as a very young kid (6) before I found my true love. Used to borrow my mates Holsten shirt Hoddle wore. I’m not proud. Was a nice shirt though tbf.

ExoduS

I have Barcelona's Messi's jersey. Got it for birthday. All other are United shirts. Cantona, Vidic, Van Persie and countless of no name jerseys/t-shirts.

daveskimufc

I used to collect them never bought another prem team though. My fascination started on a holiday in spain and all the fake kits on the markets, my first was a brazil ronaldo fakey

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Shamefully, when I was 8, I asked for the Liverpool kit cos it said Candy on it....and I loved sweets haha. <hangs head in shame>
Thank you for your courage in sharing this horrible moment from your life :D

starman

When I go on holiday outside of Europe, I tend to buy a shirt of the local team for each city I visit (if I like the place)

Eli Zee

You don't buy a city shirt if you support united ffs
I only own United shirts but what I’m saying is... you can be a united fan and a football fan at the same time.
This means you may end up buying a rivals shirt, but still 100% supporting your team when it’s match day.

ROFLUTION

Yeah yeah.. you're all pretty big pariahs, but let's hear about some major sinners!

Any full kit wankers out there??

Last edited:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I only own United shirts but what I’m saying is... you can be a united fan and a football fan at the same time.
This means you may end up buying a rivals shirt, but still 100% supporting your team when it’s match day.
I guess it depends how much you are into supporting a particular team in a particular sport.

I know people in the UK who collect stuff from NFL, NBA, MLB and MLS. They will collect multiple teams doing so.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I've had Inter, Dortmund, Celtic (Larsson 7) and Roma kits (all frpm Thailand/DHGate). My friend bought me a fake Arsenal shirt in 2004 with Vieira 4 at the back as a joke once. Gave it to my cousin.

El-Manos

I buy the Dortmund jerseys the odd time, (my girlfriend is from there). Bought Inter’s away jersey simply because it looks unreal. Would never buy an opposition jersey though.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Nah. You can’t be serious.

RoyH1

Not English teams, no, never. Nor would I wear one of another country or a European club I'd consider a rival (Bayern, Madrid, Barsa, Juventus etc)...
I do have a couple of foreign club shirts I've picked over the years: River Plate (that diagonal stripe!), Pumas UNAM (it's hard to pull off a puma on a shirt), Torino and Betis

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Loved collecting them when I was younger. Of rivals only Henry at Arsenal when I was like 10 (yeah he's a rival, but feck it the guy was brilliant). Anyway of my non United kits, I had/have:
  • Henry - Arsenal
  • Ronaldo (9) - Inter
  • Roberto Baggio - Inter
  • Totti - Roma
  • Ronaldinho - Barca
  • Del Piero - Juventus
  • Dzeko - Wolfsburg
  • Bosnia national team and my hometown team Zeljo kits
Feel like I had some others before like Adriano/Zidane but not sure.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Had three Liverpool shirts growing up because my dad tried converting me. I always had a good habit of making sure I had something United related on (like a cap or gloves or something) whenever I wore the shirt though. Sadly I was on Sky Sports the day Patrik Berger signed for Liverpool getting a Liverpool shirt signed by him in Anfield car park.
Had an Everton kit because I wanted my grandad to be impressed when I was 5. (was the one they wore when they beat us in the FA Cup final with Danka on it)
Had an Arsenal shirt from 98/00 at the height of our rivalry because I loved that shirt. (JVC, had blue trim).
Bought a Blackburn shirt in 02/03 so they weren't really rivals then. In part because my mum was a fan so she took me to games but also because it was tha era of skintight Kappa shirts and they were lovely (although never skin tight on me because I was too skinny).

Had various Juve/Milan/Barca/Real tops over the years too but never really considered them as rivals.

Thankfully all of these were in addition to United kits. I love football and love a nice shirt even if it's a rival's but as a kid I was spoilt rotten plus the element of trying to convert me was in there. Always stayed true to United though, I wasn't budging for anyone.

Last edited: