Have you ever chosen to not watch your team’s match even when you had nothing else to do?

Josep Dowling

I once forgot United were playing Newcastle in Sir Alex’s last season. I think it was over Christmas and probably had to many sherrys at that point.

My delight when I turned on BBC and MOTD was on. United was the first game. It was the first time I have ever celebrated watching a replay. We won in the 90th minute with a Chicharito goal 4-3.

Nickosaur

Yes - but only if that match is difficult to watch due to bad streaming options/internet, or different timezones.

Even during Moyes and LvG's reigns, if I had the means I'd try to watch it.

Nickosaur

I once forgot United were playing Newcastle in Sir Alex’s last season. I think it was over Christmas and probably had to many sherrys at that point.

My delight when I turned on BBC and MOTD was on. United was the first game. It was the first time I have ever celebrated watching a replay. We won in the 90th minute with a Chicharito goal 4-3.
That must have been great - don't think you would be able to do that now thought! It would be impossible for me unless I literally turned off my phone, went home and didn't speak to anyone. Even if you avoid BBC sport, twitter etc, I always get whatsapps and messages regarding football.

Rafaeldagold

Never. Even during LVG. Couldn't contemplate it.
LVG was never as bad as many make out on here. I enjoyed the fact he had a style he wanted to implement and he was such a vast vast improvement on Moyes.

The Moyes era was shocking, LVG’s wasn’t.

Didn’t you enjoy actually performing well in the big games again and dismantling Liverpool at Anfield in the most one sided game I’ve ever seen there?

Bestietom

I remember a game against West Brom, during Van Gaal's time that a few alongside me got up and walked out well before the end of the game. I did feel like following them. di Maria had a stinker and kept losing the ball, but it was mostly backwards and crossfield passing. Wicked to watch.

Smores

Never even during the LvG era where watching the games was like taking glass shards to my eyes.

Most of the people who say those things in the matchday thread are just looking for attention/being little bitches, they don't switch off and end up posting again.

Skills

Snitch
There were times last year I actively chose to go the library to study rather than procrastinate and watch football.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yes when Moyes was in charge...
The guy is a nightmare I didn't even want to watch football and only browsed RedCafe from time to time (which didn't help much to be honest).

Hitchez

No but I increasingly find myself multitasking and looking through my phone or just browsing random stuff while watching our games. I can't pretend to have have kept up the same levels of interest throughout. Party because we're a lot shittier and party because I've just grown older I guess.

redspoony

I didn't think I was going to be able to watch today's game. We're meant to have a new kitchen floor laid, which meant everything from the kitchen would be in the living room, blocking the tv.

The fairly good chance of rain means the wood can't be cut outside so...tv won't be blocked.

Not sure how I feel about this now. I was ok to listen to it on the radio!

dove

Never. There were times eapecially under Moyes where I would turn the stream off with 10-15 mins to go in some matches where we were totally hopeless. Second season under LVG I spent quite a bit of time on the phone or multitasking. However never ever I decided to skip a match completely.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
With growing up, I have realized unless United is playing I can't watch others teams play football. Even if it's a massive game, I rarely watch other teams play with concentration.

In conclusion, I love United. But not football, as such.

RedNed77

The closest I’ve gotten to not watching a game intentionally was the Spurs game of this season. I was late getting home, missed the kick off and when I turned it on we were two nil down. I was already in a bad mood as I’d missed kick off due to the Mrs dragging me round the Trafford Centre, so just turned it straight off again and went and cleaned the kitchen instead.

There have been quite a few other occasions when I’ve contemplated it, especially during Van Gaals reign, but got sucked in and couldn’t bring myself to not watch.

Oldyella

No but I increasingly find myself multitasking and looking through my phone or just browsing random stuff while watching our games. I can't pretend to have have kept up the same levels of interest throughout. Party because we're a lot shittier and party because I've just grown older I guess.
Same here. Takes nothing to put a stream on, my attention level varies though.

Rajma

Nooe if I had nothing else to do I would always tune in but under LvG and Moyes I would no longer schedule my days around the game.

flappyjay

I never purposely miss a game but at times have used it as background to whatever else I am doing. I glance up to the screen every now and then when the commentator gets excited

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Nah, even watched Utd under Moyes lose at home to City and Liverpool (3-0?). All while unfortunately laughing at the situation.

Nick.

I missed the Palace comeback because I just didn't feel like watching football that evening.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Once or twice under Moyes I think.

Dr. StrangeHate

Haven't watched United since the Sevilla game. No point to watch the football being served up. It has made me significantly less angry on weekends.

Trizy

I missed a lot of games when I was younger. It's only when I got older I got really into football and rarely miss a match. I'd pretty much go out of my way to watch a game where ever I am. However, I have been tempted under LVG and Moyes to turn off the match at half time.

Maybe a better thread would be how far have you gone out of your way to watch United :lol:. For example...

Holidays in Thailand - Went to some sleezy bar to watch our pre-season friendlies at some ungodly hour
Holidays just gone in Iceland - I was like a weirdo standing up in the middle of a car-rental place because they had the match on in the background.
Girlfriends Sisters wedding, I was streaming the match at the dinner table on the sly

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I won't skip a match even If I have something to do. I watched the Southampton game earlier in the season whilst at a wedding reception.

dove

Haven't watched United since the Sevilla game. No point to watch the football being served up. It has made me significantly less angry on weekends.
:lol: You sure you didn't register on RedCafe by mistake? I think you were looking for Bluemoon or RAWK. City are always looking to expand their fanbase of 20, still not too late to join :lol:

Dante

Average bang
Would once never have dreamed of it. As each season passes a few more games creep in where I genuinely can't be bothered. It really doesn't help when the football is bloody awful half the time
Barcelona play some really good football.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
No, quite the opposite, I've gone to silly lengths to see games when, in hindsight, I should probably have given them a miss.

Dr. StrangeHate

Fair weather fan.
Watched every LVG and Moyes game.
Watching Mourinho's United away or any time against decent opposition makes me angry. It ruins my weekend. That Sevilla match made me even stop playing FIFA. I am sure I will come back next season. I just have to switch off this season as there is no point to it. I expected Mourinho of Chelsea's first stint and what we got is a guy in continuous state of meltdown bullying his own players.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Over the last few seasons, I don't think I've not watched a match entirely, but there's been a few occasions where I've cut it off entirely and a few more so where I alt-tabbed and did something else while it was going on in the background. The football has been displeasing, to say the least.

Lynty

I've not had the desire to watch many games this season.

Mainly due to my irrational dislike of Mourinho

Dr. StrangeHate

:lol: You sure you didn't register on RedCafe by mistake? I think you were looking for Bluemoon or RAWK. City are always looking to expand their fanbase of 20, still not too late to join :lol:
I can't control which team I love. I doubt anyone rationally decides which team they like, it just happens.

Theonas

Scout
Never. I usually miss an average of 2 or 3 games a season and they usually would late Saturday kick-offs when I have other plans. I can't say I get nervous or watch with the same passion as before though.

vanderpants

Today will be the only time i purposely won't watch us, i just cant stand to watch those bitter blue cnuts celebrating and gloating on and off the field

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Missed quite a few away games this season, haven't regretted it.

Dante

Average bang
I enjoy the tactical side of the game. Even if that means watching matches where the tactics are about stifling the opposition. I love it all, as long as I'm watching United do it.

Not missed a match in years. And on those occasions when I can't watch it live, I'll download it to watch later.

shaky

There are hundreds of thousands of football fans going to watch their lower league teams, with a poor standard of football, week in week out, and some will do so for a lifetime without seeing one trophy. The fair-weather Utd fans who stop watching whenever we have a spell of playing below whatever top quality standard they demand need to have a look at themselves.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Do nothing or do something I enjoy?

Yeah, I'm going to go with the enjoyment of watching United.