Have you mentally checked out for this season?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yup.

All over, top 4 gone too. Liverpool probably going to win the league.

See you next season folks!

Kaos

In March.....March ffs.

I'd only look forward to our remaining 9 games if Rangnick decides he doesn't give a feck anymore and just plays kids with some experimental proto-gegenpressing football just for the spectacle of it. If its 9 more games of Maguire, Rashford et al stinking the place out then I'm not sure I could be bothered.

Just end the season already.

Cloud7

I’m still invested in the CL but I’ve mentally checked out of the league. Still hope we can make top 4 but at the start of the season I was more excited than perhaps any other time since SAF retired and we see how that ended up.
Well following on from this I've checked out now

shazzmufc

The fight for top 4 is still on, but it may well be out of reach - especially with this group of players, who collectively don’t have the right mentality. Too many bad eggs spoil the bunch.

I’d love for us to integrate more youth players in our remaining games. For all you know, it could give us a boost and some hope for the future (just consider Elanga’s impact), and could also soften the blow of losing a certain someone (I’m just being objective from a football POV with this statement: it is a blow for our season and future).

Overall, yep. I’ve mentally checked out. In March.

Oddboy

I know it sounds awful but yep, I have. Probably won't bother watching the next few games to be honest. Maybe a bit knee jerk from tonight, but if they can't be arsed why should I?

croadyman

I know it sounds awful but yep, I have. Probably won't bother watching the next few games to be honest. Maybe a bit knee jerk from tonight, but if they can't be arsed why should I?
Don't feel bad about checking out, after all it's been a god awful season pretty much

Drainy

One of the most depressing seasons I've had as a United fan.

Literally everything at the club has gone wrong with the notable exception of reaching the FA Youth Cup final, but knowing our luck we will get twatted there.

rememberwhenwewerekings

As United fans how can we hate on players for playing like they’ve checked out when things are not going right and we call them every name under the sun but then talk about doing exactly the same.
I’ll be watching and supporting the club I love until the last second of the season, real supporters never check out.

Last edited:

United Hobbit

I never usually but the last few games I've nearly switched off the minute the opposition score as it seems that's our goose cooked but I can't quite bring myself to

This useless bunch of players have probably caused our local supporters Club to stop running a coach to games now - numbers were dwindling and the guy running it warned it needed more uptake otherwise it would be scrapped due to running at a loss. I doubt they will get this needed uptake for the remaining games as they are close to being meaningless. I could only go once or twice a season due to work and cost, but it was a fantastic way of getting tickets and travel for games. The players should be made to fund it out their massive wages same for all tickets for match going fans who have paid to watch them casually pick and choose whether to apply themselves or not

Thank feck F1 is back something to actually look forward to and get excited about. I even enjoyed the first half today, but we all knew what was coming.

Play the kids. See what stage they are at.

I never want to see Maguire, Rashford, J Lingz et Al on the pitch again.

redshaw

They have so I might as well join them.

Couldn't lay a glove on Atletico and can't score against bottom of the league PL teams to fight for top 4. Can't even fight for a draw or make it difficult against City or Pool but other teams manage it further down our league and teams abroad.

We shiver in fright facing Pool but look at Inter. Our squad is overpaid gutless rubbish.

rk4utd

This miserable bunch of wasters will allow the season to fizzle out now whilst they try to get themselves sorted for another club -touch wood - for next season.

I will never check out on my club - but this team I wouldn’t pee on them if they were on fire ….

copen1945

Only nine more league matches are on schedule, and there is no other trophy to play for. The fourth spot seems too far off. It should be a relaxing time until the start of next season.

Luke1995

No. The players must fight for the top four until the last second of the last match of the Premier League.

Because, you know, they earn millions to play football... but wanting it to happen is one thing, trusting that these players will deliver ? That's the hard part.

El Jefe

Yup I'm done. We don't even have a batch of youngsters to play. I mean we do but Ralf only takes an interest in Elanga.

Half the squad probably wants to feck off so whats the point in watching them.

I know I'll still watch the games but there will be zero emotion to it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho in the summer. My hype was through the roof.

This is what it ends up as.

Shower of twats.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I doubt we will make top 4, its just too big an ask of this squad. The Champions League was my last faint hope of some sort of glory, thats gone. I will watch some of the remaining games but will essentially check out till we get a new manager, hopefully over summer.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Little to feel positive about. Very slim chance of top 4. Club is so depressing this season and I feel about 90% checked out. Last night I knew Athleti would win so I just played suduko and had the Utd game on in the background, I barely watched it. I don't want to invest any more hope in them this season because I think top 4 is gone.

SAFMUTD

I'm seriously considering not watching the last games of the season, I mean what's the point?

It's a new low for me, don't think I've felt this depressed about the team before. Impotence at its finest.

I've been sad before, the team has given us no reason to cheer besides one-two bright moments and players but now, Cristiano is probably leaving, Pogba too, Bruno's magic seems to have run out, Greenwood is out of the team, Rashford is shit, we have a captain that seems determine to sabotage us in every single game. Sancho is the only silver lining, but couldn't care less about the rest of the squad.

Next season will only be worse, the squad is further than ever from the title.

maximus419

I think it's going to be a toxic end to the season. Players fighting on the pitch, ill discipline, players not putting in effort, fans really turning on them etc.

Top 4 is realistically impossible as you need to have a fully committed group to finish strongly and Utd still have some tough matches. In fact looking at the remaining games, I only see utd winning two.

Problem is I really don't see where things can improve from here. There doesn't seem to be any plan at all for who the next manager is, I doubt there is much idea of who leaves or who arrives during the summer.

Most of the problems are down to the overall lack of planning and upheaval that has been the worst it's been in my lifetime. When you've got all the stuff going on behind the scenes, you can imagine how bad morale must be around the club.

I'd like to be optimistic and think someone must have some plan and are taking steps to improve things but everything about the club is rotten. It's like one of those big businesses that has been a giant in the past but too many bad decisions and the market has changed and eventually they go bust. I can see the same happening here one day.

I will never stop supporting Utd but I feel that I need a long break from watching us. I never used to be so negative and grumpy but everything I say about them is negative these days with very little fun.

There’s nothing left to play for now, think I will just take a break until next season when the new manager is in post and our squad should hopefully be completely different.

Telsim

Alright, last night finally done it for me. I absolutely despise this group of players. I don't even care anymore. 4th place, new manager, whatever.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Trying to find sonething positive but what?
Season with zero trophies.
Top 4 missed (probably).
I can't see big changes this summer so most of these players will be here next year.

It is really doom and gloom.

RoyH1

Check out is maybe a tad too far, but getting excited for the "fight for top4 " is a bit on the hard side to be honest

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Check out is maybe a tad too far, but getting excited for the "fight for top4 " is a bit on the hard side to be honest
Its a fight for top 6 because lets be honest, this group of players aint got it in them to fight for top 4.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Reward a lot of the players who made it to the FA youth cup final with some playing time.

I can count on one hand the number of players I'd want to stay at this club over the summer And I'd still have a couple of fingers spare.

This bunch are the most dislikeable, gutless and spinless lot I've seen in a United shirt for more than 30 years. And for what exactly? The vast majority of these entitled wankers have never even won anything!

I'll check out until the end of the season when hopefully we get the manager position right, players who don't want to be at the club feck off and start next season with some fresh faces and fresh ideas.

wolvored

Let's face it, money aside, why do we want top 4 next season? We wont be anywhere near winning it. We would be better doing an Arsenal this season. Less games = more time training and the squad need that more than anything.
I might start looking at the lineup before these last few games and if it's the same old 11 starting, not bother watching.
Hope RR has the bottle to try some more of the youth starting as he has nothing to lose.