Television Hawkeye Series

choccy77

He was saying vague stuff like he'd love to return to the role and that the leaked photos of him as Kingpin weren't actually him but someone better looking. It was obvious he was trying to put people off the scent but very much unofficial.
Well, you don't get insider news that I do.

choccy77

If it's insider news that kind of proves my point that it wasn't official.
Well it is official when you get told from set and leaks appeared days later also.

Next you'll be saying the photos of Michael Keaten outside St Paul's were not official confirmation he was in The Flash movie.

What exactly do you require to meet your approval?

decorativeed

Well it is official when you get told from set and leaks appeared days later also.

Next you'll be saying the photos of Michael Keaten outside St Paul's were not official confirmation he was in The Flash movie.

What exactly do you require to meet your approval?

choccy77

I'm pretty sure you're the type of person, who would argue that white is white, despite in front of you being white and black and then you go to bed and suddenly everything is black and you argue there is no white.

Michael Keaten as an example.... Said I'm playing Batman in The Flash movie, yet You still won't accept that because it doesn't match your comprehension of "official"

Must be cool being so unique.

decorativeed

I'm pretty sure you're the type of person, who would argue that white is white, despite in front of you being white and black and then you go to bed and suddenly everything is black and you argue there is no white.

Michael Keaten as an example.... Said I'm playing Batman in The Flash movie, yet You still won't accept that because it doesn't match your comprehension of "official"

Must be cool being so unique.
I don't consider myself unique, as I'd wager 99% of people on here would define the word 'official' exactly the same as I do.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I think daredevil will turn up in the last episode, in a minor role and that'll be the crossover. That and the fact the other end of the film is set at Christmas in new york

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Those people are the worst...

Amarsdd

It was confirmed by Marvel
Did they? Doesn't make sense cause they mentioned a "new and improved statue of liberty" in the last episode which would infer the statue with the Cap's shield but its destroyed in No way home.

choccy77

Did they? Doesn't make sense cause they mentioned a "new and improved statue of liberty" in the last episode which would infer the statue with the Cap's shield but its destroyed in No way home.
That line doesn't necessarily mean it refers to that particular thing.

It could be referring to after that event and it's a new upgraded Statue.

One thing marvel did though, was hide the date on the gravestone so it leads to a lot of questions in terms of Endgame and time period after.

But both Spidey films are said to be set 2024 and Hawkeye Christmas 2024.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
That line doesn't necessarily mean it refers to that particular thing.

It could be referring to after that event and it's a new upgraded Statue.

One thing marvel did though, was hide the date on the gravestone so it leads to a lot of questions in terms of Endgame and time period after.

But both Spidey films are said to be set 2024 and Hawkeye Christmas 2024.
Thought it was 2023?

choccy77

Thought it was 2023?
Apparently 2024, however, there have been some suggestions Marvel and the director are giving misleading timelines and the fact they hid the date on the headstone supports this further, for what reasons as yet, unknown.

Hamnat

Well, this last episode had some really good stuff and some things that I just didn't buy.
I thought the trick arrow Ice skating rink battle was awesome. I loved all of that. Kate and Yelena had great banter and chemistry and I found that funny but also problematic.

Yelena: The storyline there with her so vehemently wanting to kill Clint fell a bit flat to me. She legit didn't know ANYTHING about what happened on Voromir. At least they could have given her a false story that had to be cleared up. With no false story it makes it seem like all she had to do was ask him what happened to solve this. Something simple like 'I was told you sacrificed her to save your ass".

Kingpin: Ok this was the big fail here to me. Kingpin was far better far more menacing in Daredevil. This one had more of the comic book level of strength though. But Kate Bishop beating him alone after all that buildup...nope. Not when we saw Daredevil have knock down drag out battles with him. Yelena and Kate's fights made sense story wise because you could tell they liked each other, and Yelena did not want to hurt or kill Kate so she "played" with her and didn't throw down the real Black Widow training kill shots. But Kingpin shouldn't give a shit about Kate he could have just strangled her and moved on. At least he's back in the MCU I seriously doubt he is dead, hopefully they can use him better later. Give him back to Daredevil or something I want to see that continuation of the Bullseye story from Daredevil s3.

Overall the series worked I guess, Kate got a big intro into the MCU she can pop up in a bunch of different shows now start getting the Young Avenger crew together. Maybe, she can pop up in Antman: Quantomania and at least meet Cassie.

parkthebuslads

I enjoyed it.

Surprised to read there's going to be an Echo series. Not too sure who would be wanting more of her.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fun finale & overall a solid series. I like Kate’s character, she got better as the season progressed. Yelena was very good, the dynamic between her & Kate was fun.

Kingpin felt too ineffective. He should’ve crushed Kate. Hopefully they fix his character in Echo.

Grib

Is this any good? (or in anyway important) I'm not a massive hawkeye fan

I mean I like bow and arrow stuff but if the sheriff of Notthingham was Ultron then Robinhood would feel a bit out of place there too

Oldyella

Fun finale & overall a solid series. I like Kate’s character, she got better as the season progressed. Yelena was very good, the dynamic between her & Kate was fun.

Kingpin felt too ineffective. He should’ve crushed Kate. Hopefully they fix his character in Echo.
He did really, she just tricked him by blowing up all the arrows.

Overall I enjoyed this, not their strongest series offering, but was OK. Felt like they tried squeezing too much in. And we still don't now why the watch was such a big deal. So it was her old shield watch? So what?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Is this any good? (or in anyway important) I'm not a massive hawkeye fan

I mean I like bow and arrow stuff but if the sheriff of Notthingham was Ultron then Robinhood would feel a bit out of place there too
If you can go past Hawkeye oftenly sulking over Black Widow and try be patient with first 3-4 episodes... Some well made uplifting scenes here and there.

It's not as fast paced as Capt. America and not as sci-fi-ish as Loki. It's like a christmas superhero movie (Batman Returns) only with tons of cheese this time.

Grib

If you can go past Hawkeye oftenly sulking over Black Widow and try be patient with first 3-4 episodes... Some well made uplifting scenes here and there.

It's not as fast paced as Capt. America and not as sci-fi-ish as Loki. It's like a christmas superhero movie (Batman Returns) only with tons of cheese this time.
Well I do like christmas

caid

I'm glad i waited till the full series was out before starting this. The choice of when to end the episodes is fecking dire.

mu4c_20le

Just don't find Kate Bishop interesting. Yelena is what made the last two episodes tolerable.

SirAnderson

I haven’t even finished the first episode yet but I just couldn’t wait to get on here and tell you guys that I’ve just sat through one of the best action sequences I’ve witnessed in ages. At the risk of giving away any spoilers and robbing people of that sort of edge of the seat thrill this series is surely going to deliver, I have to tell you to stop worrying now folks! That bit where the 80lb teenage girl - the one with no discernible training backstory who dresses like napoleon dynamite -gets cornered in a basement with a whole gang of heavily armed, hardened criminals…….well, you’re never going to believe what’s coming! All I’ll say is they’re about to learn THE HARD WAY that there’s no substitute for suburban girl power. WOW!!!!

Marvel’s done it again.

It gets even better folks, because if you’re a sports fan you’re going to get to see that awkward girl from high school do some serious Olympic gold medal worthy flips through speeding traffic, pretend to be a waiter, get the better of Gary (Oh Gary!), and rescue a mangy dog. Hell, this is Marvel, she does all that shit at the same time. Gosh, I can’t wait to see what’s next.

In case any of you are concerned this all sounds a little unrealistic or derivative, please stop worrying. The writers have you covered with some really clever plot devices. In one scene she takes a proper walloping from a bunch of hulking dudes and only emerges completely unscathed because of an entirely unexpected and ingenious series of kicks to various testicles.

What I particularly love about this series is how in sync it is with the socio-cultural movements of our age. The positive messaging to little girls, for example, that “YES! You, YOU can do anything!”, is really delightful and not at all contrived. As a father to a little girl myself, it warms my heart that this message now includes the possibility of wrestling 200lb men.

Now, I do have one or two gripes. Well, not gripes, more curiosities, and hell bells, I know I’m nitpicking now……but for example, I’m not entirely sure how our protagonist is supposed to have accrued this supreme level of physical prowess, skill, and durability, as well as her other worldly skill with a bow and arrow. But the writing is so nuanced and clever, that I’m sure the blame lies with me and I’m just missing something. At the end of the day, she is one heck of a Hawkeye super fan, and if that’s not enough, then I don’t know what is.

Now, apparently she has no actual super-powers, but im not sure that even matters for a super hero series. The Avengers recruitment policy has long discriminated against the powerless, and it was high time that stopped. Teen angst and a ‘can do’ attitude are all that’s needed in this fresh, original take on the marvel universe.

Upsettingly, I did hear someone say this was shit and unbelievable, mainly because she runs like a toddler playing dress up in her mothers’ boots; but I’ll tell you what I told him: “It doesn’t matter”, because she fights like love child of Bruce Lee and a Navy Seal. Frankly, I found his retort that it was about as believable as casting Stephen Hawking in White Men Can’t Jump, to be both offensive and wide of the mark.

I don’t want to keep waxing lyrical and give away too much, but episode 1 has some great highlights, including Hawkeye going to a musical, Hawkeye taking a wazz, Hawkeye getting a free dinner, and Hawkeye watching TV.

10/feck off
I made this my point of reference for this series, but I still see it's pulling an 8/10 on imdb, what gives...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Good bit of fun overall. I liked Kate Bishop, thought her chemistry with Yelenna was excellent, that I want too see them as a buddy duo in the future and reckon they could handle their own series. Great to see kingpin back.

The incredible episode 3 of Arcane. Hairy Bikers Christmas. Finale of Hawkeye. Best of the worst Christmas special. A pretty cracking night of of entertainment.

KingCavani

What an absolutely awful show. To bring D’Onforio into this goofy shit is just ridiculous. One of the best comic book villains put to screen and he’s wasted being head of a bunch of jokers in tracksuits. Trash.

caid

Finished watching it. Thought it could have been a solid 3/5 silly action, comedy but its sabotaged by a mixture of clumsiness, a tone thats all over the place and disney's greed. Spent too long introducing and establishing random characters that served no purpose other than setting up a dozen more films or tv shows. Spent most of the season throwing out red herrings as to who the antagonist of the series would be to the point when they finally introduce them they have about 10 mins screen time in total over a 4 hour ish series. There is no antagonist really.
Was a cheerful, family focused christmas tone and lots of jokes mixed in with Hawkeye being a moody, emo ninja and being sad about Black Widow dying with the hint of a storyline about the dangers of vengeance possibly but its not developed enough to carry any weight. Just makes the series completely bi polar.
The direction was fecking awful. Lots of weird cuts with characters jumping 20 yards to another room but filmed in such a way that it feels like they're teleporting rather than a short space of time passing. Episodes end mid scene, mid conversation, then the conversation continues in the next episode. Its incredibly jarring and i was watching them back to back. I flat out would've given up if there was a weeks gap in the middle of these conversations. Found that to be an utterly bizarre decision, feels completely amateurish.
I liked a lot of the characters but their motivations were weak and their choices made no damn sense. Failed to actually tell a story about Hawkeye, barely squeezes in a story about Kate Bishop because they're too busy advertising the new Echo / Black Widow / antagonist with 10 mins screen time series (which they probably wont bother telling a story in and just introduce a bunch of new characters).
Has 2 good action scenes and a few good jokes. Skip it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I made this my point of reference for this series, but I still see it's pulling an 8/10 on imdb, what gives...
Add “Marvel” to anything and it gets a several point ratings boost.

If you are willing to sit through several episodes of heaving bile for the satisfying payoff of lower tier mediocrity, then this is the show for you.

decorativeed

I thought it was enjoyable fun. Had low expectations as it's a character nobody really cares about, but it was decent.

The redux version of Kingpin is obviously going to have to be toned down from what we saw in the Daredevil series, and he's a pale imitation of that character. I don't want to see him smashing someone's skull to pieces in a car door, but somewhere in between that and what we got here would be better. I loved his characterisation in Daredevil - simmering rage and a man of few words - and I don't want any wise cracking or loud shirts from him in future.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It was ok.

Marvel really fecked up Kingpin’s character though. Under Netflix he was such a well crafted, dark, and ‘real’ villain. Here he was comical. It didn’t work for me, although it’s good to see he’s pulling the strings of NYC’s underworld.

Clint and Kate were ok for the most part, and I guess this was a vehicle to move the old Hawkeye on and reintroduce the next iteration.

Does anyone know the significance of the Rolex watch?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
It was ok.

Marvel really fecked up Kingpin’s character though. Under Netflix he was such a well crafted, dark, and ‘real’ villain. Here he was comical. It didn’t work for me, although it’s good to see he’s pulling the strings of NYC’s underworld.

Clint and Kate were ok for the most part, and I guess this was a vehicle to move the old Hawkeye on and reintroduce the next iteration.

Does anyone know the significance of the Rolex watch?
Mockingbird.

Sylar

Binged and glad I did
Fun watch and it got better and better as it went on

Some good characters and the main ones were better as the show went on
The musical was great :lol: