Television Hawkeye Series

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have a feeling that Clint won’t make it home for Xmas :(

Echo’s backstory explains the obsession with Ronin but I’m interested to see where they go with her character as they’ve changed the backstory from the comics.

Hopefully they actually reveal “uncle” in the next episode.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
It's fun. I like it. We all know who uncle is.

Hamnat

I liked this episode actually. Echo was immediately interesting for me. I liked the backstory, but I couldn't help but think Kate needed some of that too. They just want you to trust that she is that good at martial arts and archery. Compare it to the little they did with the Echo backstory scene. They actually showed you she learned how to read people, and how to fight.

It's a little thing but, just seems weird in the same show 2 different approaches to show us training and skill levels.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thought the first 2 eps were borderline shit.

Ep 3 was good though, hopefully gets better with every ep.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The car chase sequence was on par with some of the best action sequences in any Marvel movie. No suprise that this was the best episode given we got no Kate family BS.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I liked this episode actually. Echo was immediately interesting for me. I liked the backstory, but I couldn't help but think Kate needed some of that too. They just want you to trust that she is that good at martial arts and archery. Compare it to the little they did with the Echo backstory scene. They actually showed you she learned how to read people, and how to fight.

It's a little thing but, just seems weird in the same show 2 different approaches to show us training and skill levels.
Good point.

Adamsk7

This episode was great after a slow start. I specifically liked all of the stuff with Echo and the dynamic with Clint and Kate, especially Clint coping with his hearing loss.

The “Uncle” was just the icing on the cake and I can’t wait to see that reveal and the ramifications it has for the MCU as a whole.

choccy77

Now the big bad has been confirmed, I'm really excited for the rest of this series.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Everyone said relatively the same things about Loki and that was worth persisting with.

I have to admit I've not had chance to watch any of this yet.
Of all the the Disney+ content they've released, the first two EPs were undoubtedly the worse.

Ep 3 was promising though. And there's some characters that should be popping up soon that will make dynamics really interesting.

choccy77

Of all the the Disney+ content they've released, the first two EPs were undoubtedly the worse.

Ep 3 was promising though. And there's some characters that should be popping up soon that will make dynamics really interesting.
:D:D:D:D:D

ha_rooney

Yep, definitely better this week but with only 3 episodes to go I hope they don’t rush things, especially with a couple of big characters still potentially to appear.

Hamnat

Kate family stuff still the most uninteresting storyline. Otherwise this episode was generally ok. I liked they took the time to have Kate and Clint bond. I thought this was the most effective yet of them taking time to know each other a bit. And the story he told her came back full circle in the end here.

The ending cameo was cool. Want to see more

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Another episode where a whole lot of nothing happens. We know what to expect from Renner, but I thought maybe the role of Bishop could've gone to someone else. Hailey's a fantastic actress and could probably play any role on earth, but I thought she tries too hard at times. Probably just me though.

ha_rooney

Decent episode. I liked how the dynamic between Kate & Clint evolved over that episode.

Reveal at the end was quite good. I’m guessing Kate’s mum called Valentina & she sent Yelena after Hawkeye

Minkaro

Decent episode. I liked how the dynamic between Kate & Clint evolved over that episode.

Reveal at the end was quite good. I’m guessing Kate’s mum called Valentina & she sent Yelena after Hawkeye
I wondered if she might blame him for Natasha’s death

Hamnat

I really enjoyed this episode. Yelena is amazing. Her entire interaction with Kate was great. The supporting characters are starting to stand out like I wanted from the first episode.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The charisma of Yelena is absolutely infectious. Steinfield is no slouch, but she utterly steals the spotlight.

I demand
the Daredevil Kingpin

Swedish_Plumber

The charisma of Yelena is absolutely infectious. Steinfield is no slouch, but she utterly steals the spotlight.

I demand
the Daredevil Kingpin
Agreed with it all! Enjoying the show way more than I thought.

With regards to the spoiler, I can’t wait.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
That was top.

Now I wondered why they released episode 1 and 2 straight away, they didn't do that for any other d+ series. I thought there might be a crossover with Spiderman and they were trying to time it right.

With that very last scene, I feel like one character in particular might crossover in both in a small but cool way, and I can't wait :drool:

ha_rooney

Excellent episode. Intro & the dinner scene were really good. Yelena’s such a fun character.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
That was top.

Now I wondered why they released episode 1 and 2 straight away, they didn't do that for any other d+ series. I thought there might be a crossover with Spiderman and they were trying to time it right.

With that very last scene, I feel like one character in particular might crossover in both in a small but cool way, and I can't wait :drool:
I figured it was to have it finished by Christmas, but they could have just started it a week earlier.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Agreed with it all! Enjoying the show way more than I thought.

With regards to the spoiler, I can’t wait.
Didn't realise it's actually happening! The man himself just tweeted (d'Onofrio') the Hawkeye logo..nice!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
This has definitely been the worst disney + marvel show for me so far.

Kate Bishop - I don't really understand her character and I don't really find her very believable in terms of what she can and can't do.

Yelena - god knows what the people who haven't seen Black Widow are thinking. A real Duex Ex Machina moment. Derails the ongoing story for a more interesting one which will barely get followed up.

King Pin - and now another really interesting big bad, but that has come completely out of nowhere.

Hawkeye - star of the show, easily the best actor in the thing. The show would be a lot better if it was Clint dealing with his demons and mistakes he made as Ronin.

LARKers - the real stars of the show.

mu4c_20le

This has definitely been the worst disney + marvel show for me so far.

Kate Bishop - I don't really understand her character and I don't really find her very believable in terms of what she can and can't do.

Yelena - god knows what the people who haven't seen Black Widow are thinking. A real Duex Ex Machina moment. Derails the ongoing story for a more interesting one which will barely get followed up.

King Pin - and now another really interesting big bad, but that has come completely out of nowhere.

Hawkeye - star of the show, easily the best actor in the thing. The show would be a lot better if it was Clint dealing with his demons and mistakes he made as Ronin.

LARKers - the real stars of the show.
Agreed. I still watch it though, but it's around a 6-7 for me. Wandavision was slightly worse after the reveal. I do like Yelena though

choccy77

That was top.

Hawkeye is set after Spiderman.

But yes... this episode was done to coincide with the movie....although Americans haven't seen it yet.

choccy77

I'm hoping they will give Florence a show of her own instead of a movie.

I feel it would be so much better for her to have her own series given the quality of the character.

decorativeed

Yes, he starts posting about Kingpin at the exact time it was confirmed he had filmed scenes.
He was saying vague stuff like he'd love to return to the role and that the leaked photos of him as Kingpin weren't actually him but someone better looking. It was obvious he was trying to put people off the scent but very much unofficial.