Television Hawkeye Series

Sylar

Ive enjoyed all MCU shows on Disney+
Im guessing this will be more like F&WS

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looks good. It's better when the MC isn't superpowered.

Drifter

American
Not feeling this. But as usual, will give it a watch for any Easter eggs.

Hoof the ball

Ah, this series is based on the comic run from from 2012-15 that won awards. You're in for a pleasant surprise if this is half as good as the comic run. A more humorous, grounded, down-to-earth Hawkeye. Has the potential to be the best MCU series to date.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Jeremy Renner finally gets his character more than literal 15 minutes. Should be done long time ago in a form of movie, but f*ck it, this is good news.

Sylar

Jeremy Renner finally gets his character more than literal 15 minutes. Should be done long time ago in a form of movie, but f*ck it, this is good news.
Tbh Scarlett should have got it a long time ago
And In a better movie than the one they gave him
Think it's probably best that he gets a series now

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Tbh Scarlett should have got it a long time ago
And In a better movie than the one they gave him
Think it's probably best that he gets a series now
Aye, better now than never. If they'll do it in Cpt. America's mood & pacing this could be easily best Marvel show.

Hamnat

First 2 episodes on Disney+ today.

Slow start for me. I find Kate's family stuff to be pretty mundane and boring. I feel like she needs a better supporting cast to play off. I have higher hopes for Echo though to be interesting. She is getting the most focus of any of the Young Avengers so far

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Is the character just as boring as the one in the films? Him and Vision I didn't give a crap about.

Hamnat

Is the character just as boring as the one in the films? Him and Vision I didn't give a crap about.
So far to me yes. And that's an issue. That's why I think they need more interesting supporting characters to play off. Kate and Clint are too bland together. They are clearly building her up for Young Avengers and all but 2 episodes in and I am wanting them to speed it up and get her next to someone more interesting.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Decent start, feels like they’re laying the foundations for more action in the later episodes. Kate’s intro with the callback to Avengers was a nice tie-in.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Renner just has no charisma. If Jensen Ackles had taken the role then Hawkeye would have been an infinitely better character to watch on screen.

kps88

Meh. The second episode did that irritating thing of having characters act irrationally for the sake of the plot. All the interactions between Kate, her mum and the sword guy were ridiculously stupid. Just sit down and have a proper conversation with your mum ffs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The first episodes were quite garbage tbh.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
This has potential to be good but Kate's family arc is a serious let down and is completely dragging the rest of the story. The set up of moustache twirling villain has also not hit the mark and makes Kate's mom look like a total fool.

Roane

Watched the first two episodes, not impressed.

Ooh look I was a black belt at 15 so can take out all these people. Whilst I was doing that I also became fencing champion and archery champ.

Now I'm going to put on a tux and wear big boots with it and run awkwardly.

4/10

Drifter

American
Two episodes in and still not feeling it. With only four more episodes, will it step up.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
My least favourite from the Avengers probably won't bother at all if the reviews are very mixed like this.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I haven’t even finished the first episode yet but I just couldn’t wait to get on here and tell you guys that I’ve just sat through one of the best action sequences I’ve witnessed in ages. At the risk of giving away any spoilers and robbing people of that sort of edge of the seat thrill this series is surely going to deliver, I have to tell you to stop worrying now folks! That bit where the 80lb teenage girl - the one with no discernible training backstory who dresses like napoleon dynamite -gets cornered in a basement with a whole gang of heavily armed, hardened criminals…….well, you’re never going to believe what’s coming! All I’ll say is they’re about to learn THE HARD WAY that there’s no substitute for suburban girl power. WOW!!!!

Marvel’s done it again.

It gets even better folks, because if you’re a sports fan you’re going to get to see that awkward girl from high school do some serious Olympic gold medal worthy flips through speeding traffic, pretend to be a waiter, get the better of Gary (Oh Gary!), and rescue a mangy dog. Hell, this is Marvel, she does all that shit at the same time. Gosh, I can’t wait to see what’s next.

In case any of you are concerned this all sounds a little unrealistic or derivative, please stop worrying. The writers have you covered with some really clever plot devices. In one scene she takes a proper walloping from a bunch of hulking dudes and only emerges completely unscathed because of an entirely unexpected and ingenious series of kicks to various testicles.

What I particularly love about this series is how in sync it is with the socio-cultural movements of our age. The positive messaging to little girls, for example, that “YES! You, YOU can do anything!”, is really delightful and not at all contrived. As a father to a little girl myself, it warms my heart that this message now includes the possibility of wrestling 200lb men.

Now, I do have one or two gripes. Well, not gripes, more curiosities, and hell bells, I know I’m nitpicking now……but for example, I’m not entirely sure how our protagonist is supposed to have accrued this supreme level of physical prowess, skill, and durability, as well as her other worldly skill with a bow and arrow. But the writing is so nuanced and clever, that I’m sure the blame lies with me and I’m just missing something. At the end of the day, she is one heck of a Hawkeye super fan, and if that’s not enough, then I don’t know what is.

Now, apparently she has no actual super-powers, but im not sure that even matters for a super hero series. The Avengers recruitment policy has long discriminated against the powerless, and it was high time that stopped. Teen angst and a ‘can do’ attitude are all that’s needed in this fresh, original take on the marvel universe.

Upsettingly, I did hear someone say this was shit and unbelievable, mainly because she runs like a toddler playing dress up in her mothers’ boots; but I’ll tell you what I told him: “It doesn’t matter”, because she fights like love child of Bruce Lee and a Navy Seal. Frankly, I found his retort that it was about as believable as casting Stephen Hawking in White Men Can’t Jump, to be both offensive and wide of the mark.

I don’t want to keep waxing lyrical and give away too much, but episode 1 has some great highlights, including Hawkeye going to a musical, Hawkeye taking a wazz, Hawkeye getting a free dinner, and Hawkeye watching TV.

10/feck off

Last edited:

arthurka

I haven’t even finished the first episode yet but I just couldn’t wait to get on here and tell you guys that I’ve just sat through one of the best action sequences I’ve witnessed in ages. At the risk of giving away any spoilers and robbing people of that sort of edge of the seat thrill this series is surely going to deliver, I have to tell you to stop worrying now folks! That bit where the 80lb teenage girl - the one with no discernible training backstory who dresses like napoleon dynamite -gets cornered in a basement with a whole gang of heavily armed, hardened criminals…….well, you’re never going to believe what’s coming! All I’ll say is they’re about to learn THE HARD WAY that there’s no substitute for suburban girl power. WOW!!!!

Marvel’s done it again.

It gets even better folks, because if you’re a sports fan you’re going to get to see that awkward girl from high school do some serious Olympic gold medal worthy flips through speeding traffic, pretend to be a waiter, get the better of Gary (Oh Gary!), and rescue a mangy dog. Hell, this is Marvel, she does all that shit at the same time. Gosh, I can’t wait to see what’s next.

In case any of you are concerned this all sounds a little unrealistic or derivative, please stop worrying. The writers have you covered with some really clever plot devices. In one scene she takes a proper walloping from a bunch of hulking dudes and only emerges completely unscathed because of an entirely unexpected and ingenious series of kicks to various testicles.

What I particularly love about this series is how in sync it is with the socio-cultural movements of our age. The positive messaging to little girls, for example, that “YES! You, YOU can do anything!”, is really delightful and not at all contrived. As a father to a little girl myself, it warms my heart that this message now includes the possibility of wrestling 200lb men.

Now, I do have one or two gripes. Well, not gripes, more curiosities, and hell bells, I know I’m nitpicking now……but for example, I’m not entirely sure how our protagonist is supposed to have accrued this supreme level of physical prowess, skill, and durability, as well as her other worldly skill with a bow and arrow. But the writing is so nuanced and clever, that I’m sure the blame lies with me and I’m just missing something. At the end of the day, she is one heck of a Hawkeye super fan, and if that’s not enough, then I don’t know what is.

Now, apparently she has no actual super-powers, but im not sure that even matters for a super hero series. The Avengers recruitment policy has long discriminated against the powerless, and it was high time that stopped. Teen angst and a ‘can do’ attitude are all that’s needed in this fresh, original take on the marvel universe.

Upsettingly, I did hear someone say this was shit and unbelievable, mainly because she runs like a toddler playing dress up in her mothers’ boots; but I’ll tell you what I told him: “It doesn’t matter”, because she fights like love child of Bruce Lee and a Navy Seal. Frankly, I found his retort that it was about as believable as casting Stephen Hawking in White Men Can’t Jump, to be both offensive and wide of the mark.

I don’t want to keep waxing lyrical and give away too much, but episode 1 has some great highlights, including Hawkeye going to a musical, Hawkeye taking a wazz, Hawkeye getting a free dinner, and Hawkeye watching TV.

10/feck off
Literally the best description of this more than great Marvel outing. Even my 13 year old son asked me if this wasn't a bit too much. Just glad to see that girl power has really spiced up our lives.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Marvel’s done it again.

10/feck off
:lol: get off the fence simon

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Episode 2 recap:

Hawkeye goes shopping, Hawkeye takes a walk, Hawkeye pets a dog, Hawkeye plays dress up, Hawkeye takes another walk, Hawkeye keeps walking, Hawkeye does more dress up, Hawkeye misses a flight, Hawkeye sits down.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Episode 2 recap:

Hawkeye goes shopping, Hawkeye takes a walk, Hawkeye pets a dog, Hawkeye plays dress up, Hawkeye takes another walk, Hawkeye keeps walking, Hawkeye does more dress up, Hawkeye misses a flight, Hawkeye sits down.
I'm reading all your posts as if you are serious and love it. Because that makes them even more entertaining :lol:

Just so you know.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Episode 3 predictions:

Hawkeye seeks a refund, Hawkeye buys a Fitbit, Hawkeye catches a bus, Hawkeye watches more TV, Hawkeye makes a friend, Hawkeye has a latte, Hawkeye loses his keys.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Episode 3 predictions:

Hawkeye seeks a refund, Hawkeye buys a Fitbit, Hawkeye catches a bus, Hawkeye watches more TV, Hawkeye makes a friend, Hawkeye has a latte, Hawkeye loses his keys.
Does he get a decent haircut in Season 2? His is ridiculous.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Does he get a decent haircut in Season 2? His is ridiculous.
It’s been too action packed thus far to show his initial trip to the barber, although there’s some speculation he may get a trim in episode 4 between power walking sessions. My gut says that he is likely to be sporting a new do in season 2, but Understandably the writers couldn’t put all that into season 1, as they need somewhere to go for next season. Honestly, the thrills are endless, even for casual Hawkeye fans. Be patient, we still have to cover such story arcs as Hawkeye getting his registration renewed, Hawkeye checking his email, Hawkeye making lunch, and my personal favourite….Hawkeye buying a hawk.

Last edited: