• Poll closed .

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Team Himann ............................................. Team Bepo

TEAM HIMANN

Formation
: 4-2-3-1

Tactics:

This team is structurally set up a little similar to how City are set up when they play a similar formation (particularly during the 20/21 season).

De Bruyne played in a free role behind the main striker and sometimes played further forward or dropped deep to create. The wing forwards generally cut in and one of the midfielders in the double pivot attacked more (usually Gundogan), while one of the full backs (usually Cancelo) tucked in and joined the midfield to compensate. Some common features are a pacy defence to deal with counters and strength in the middle to ensure that avenues for opposition attacks are mostly away from the central areas.

Having said all that, a big aspect of the tactic is also getting the ball forward quickly to the front 4 so they can exploit spaces on the counter.

Attacking phase:

I rely on my attackers to take on the opposition. All of them are capable of beating their man, which is a key aspect to my attack, but what I also expect is interplay between them, laying it off for each other and then receiving it back when they are in space. Picking out the runs of Batistuta (and sometimes Pele) up front.

The following is an all-touch video of Simonsen vs a very good Lobanovsky side. He drops deep at times and is quick to turn defence into attack. He'll run at opposition players, but also lay it off when he needs to.

Magic from Dinho in this one plus it showcases his creativity here:

O Rei through the middle. What a majestic footballer he was - so complete, so powerful, and so very good on the biggest stages. He can play alongside absolutely anyone and just about do anything in an attacking position.

The rest of the team come in and support the front 4 mostly if they are thwarted in a quick counter. Robson is the more adventurous of the double pivot and Dunga generally shields the defence but also starts off attacks from deeper. Passarella helps play it out from the back and the fullbacks either bomb forward or operate more centrally if the opposition is mostly behind the ball.

Defensive setup:

The back line of four will defend as a compact unit. The full-backs tuck in, and will defend against wide players in one-on-one situations. The central defenders will mark the opposition’s strikers. The double pivot provides protection ahead of the centre-backs, covering the spaces between the lines. The attacking midfield three and centre-forward will narrow, screening the central spaces and the team will generally be in a mid block.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM BEPO

Tactics:
433, fairly balanced style leaning more towards counter-attacking
Team around Pirlo and Fenomeno, my very own rat pack.

Andrea Pirlo
Two absolutely gorgeous footballers and while Fenomeno fits almost any team, princess Andrea needs a bit of a pampering.
What he needs is runners as its hard to spring in heels so in front we have a technical duracell bunny in Ossie Ardiles, proving himself at highest level as a great supporting actor as well as Angel Di Maria who apart from his United stint never shied away of putting a team first, that being Real Madrid or his national team Argentina. In addition to that we have Thomas Muller and Wayne Rooney in front and whatever i said for the argie duo, applies to those two as well, just probably multiplied by ten. Also, lets not forget insanely good back 5 behind Pirlo.
So the princess is in place to run the game, not only does he have runners both on and off the ball, they are all pretty damn good on the ball.

Il Fenomeno
He doesnt need pampering but still, decided to give the glorious alien as much of the help as i could. Two selfless attackers in every sense of that word. Rooney who is individually stronger but should fit perfectly with Fenomeno as he is great whenever you put him on the football pitch and i believe Fenomeno is much better with freedom to move whenever he wants rather then when he leads alone which usually happens in draft.
Muller is a teammate from heaven, his movement creates space for both him and his teammates and the guy is unsolvable enigma for more then the decade. Goalscoring and assist machine.

Angel Di Maria
King of the Rat Pack. The only version i liked is the midfield one, surprise surprise not a fan of the brainless winger version( @Physiocrat ). Cant really remember who it was that moved him centrally, was it Carlo or Jose but it was a masterstroke. On the wing he was pretty one dimensional so when you open a pitch a bit more for him he flourished as all of the sudden he had more options, his decision making went up because of it and his dribbling improved as it was much harder to close him on an open pitch.

Himannv

Ángel Di María doesn't show up for Sjor Bepo's training ahead of derby

It became quite clear that Ángel Di María will not be a Sjor Bepo player for long when the controversial manager confirmed the Argentinian asked to leave the team before he even settled down in his new home. This Sunday, multiple reports from England suggested that the Argentine had already completed a € 70 million move to some oil-rich Gio team. Di María's departure could be confirmed this week itself although his manager may not be available for comment.

The winger was once crucial during Real Madrid's Décima season, but has since become a money-grabbing rat and it's unclear if he has the bottle to take up any challenge that doesn't involve dominating local farm leagues. While it's clear that Ángel Di María doesn't have any loyalty left to show his beleaguered manager, it's also clear that the winger clearly is unhappy to follow direction from his manager and has his heart set on joining Gio from the very beginning.

Angel Di Maria says he "didn't give a f*ck about the No 7" after being handed the jersey and claims Sjor Bepo is the main reason for his failure to learn English.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

we all know how class clowns end up

Šjor Bepo

tbh i like most of the h-man team, not sure about some partnership and if he would get the absolute best out of everyone.

Junior Dinho - both drift to the middle and play mostly with the ball
Dinho Batistuta - nothing major tbf, just prefer a more mobile striker to partner Dinho rather then n9
Passarella - looking at the team dont think he would have the freedom to go up, so while he is great without it as well its not the best use
Robbo - with front 4 and two fullbacks that go up, chances of him going forward would be limited and thats one of the major things that made him special. Again as Passarella, he would be absolutely fine as there is much more to his game but not the best use

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Prime Wazza and Fenomeno :drool: what a sight that would have been.

Šjor Bepo

Absolute dream for any manager and player, perfect team player.

And peak Wazza, what a player......pace, power, ability, mentality, versatility - you name it, he has it

thats it for now :wenger:

Himannv

I feel like that midfield doesn't offer much cover for the defence and you really don't want the likes of Pele, Ronaldinho, and Simonsen running at the defence, because that's exactly the kind of situation where they'll thrive. Ardiles is lovely on the ball, but he's not a CM with defensive positioning to really offer cover for a back 4. Di Maria is a useless hack. That really leaves only Pirlo to cover the back 4 and it's a thankless task against Pele, Dinho, and Simonsen. The CBs can't help much either due to Batigol occupying them.

Šjor Bepo

I feel like that midfield doesn't offer much cover for the defence and you really don't want the likes of Pele, Ronaldinho, and Simonsen running at the defence, because that's exactly the kind of situation where they'll thrive. Ardiles is lovely on the ball, but he's not a CM with defensive positioning to really offer cover for a back 4. Di Maria is a useless hack. That really leaves only Pirlo to cover the back 4 and it's a thankless task against Pele, Dinho, and Simonsen. The CBs can't help much either due to Batigol occupying them.
Strange comment as Pirlo has like 4 workhorses in front of him and all were very good defensive wise. Neither was a defensive mid but all were very disciplined tactically and provided insane workrate which is exactly what Pirlo needs.
Ardiles while lovely on the ball, his biggest compliment might be that he was incredible of the ball - similar to Kovacic at Chelsea, people will get blinded by his dribbling skills in the middle but guy is fantastic defensive wise. ADM will do his talking on the pitch.

Himannv

Strange comment as Pirlo has like 4 workhorses in front of him and all were very good defensive wise. Neither was a defensive mid but all were very disciplined tactically and provided insane workrate which is exactly what Pirlo needs.
Ardiles while lovely on the ball, his biggest compliment might be that he was incredible of the ball - similar to Kovacic at Chelsea, people will get blinded by his dribbling skills in the middle but guy is fantastic defensive wise. ADM will do his talking on the pitch.
You only have to look at Casemiro in the current United to see what a properly positioned defensive mid can bring to the table. Not only does he prevent attackers from running at the defense (and making decent defenders look bad as a result), he also enables the rest of the team to have more freedom to play their game on the ball.

The likes of Ardiles to me is a mazy dribbler and will not offer the consistent defensive screen that will be needed at times - I'm not knowcking him, he has defensive workrate, but not the consistency you need in this kind of setup. Also you're taking away his best aspect, which is to attack with more freedom.

Di Maria, I'm sorry to say, is pretty much the worst player on the pitch. Not only do I not rate him, he's utterly a spineless worm and will not put in the hard yards needed to help you out when the chips are down. If you had a different player here, I wouldn't be saying anything as that balances the midfield better, but he's an absolute liability especially when you consider he's up against the likes of Dunga and Robson. A couple of hard tackles and that cnut will be rolling around on the floor and phoning it in. We've seen it week-in and week-out at United, he will bottle it under pressure.

Himannv

Since the main tactic seems to be the counter, I think my CB pairing and defence in general is quite suited to dealing with that. You can't ask for quicker CBs than Passarella and Vierchovod to handle that, plus you have the regular shielding offered by Dunga to help with that as well.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Di Maria is a useless hack
Di Maria, I'm sorry to say, is pretty much the worst player on the pitch. Not only do I not rate him, he's utterly a spineless worm and will not put in the hard yards needed to help you out when the chips are down
He's pretty much the opposite of this description if you discount his stint at United. He was always willing to sacrifice himself for the benefit of others (be it Cristiano at Real Madrid, Messi at Argentina or Ibra & the whole Mbappé/Neymar/Messi trio at PSG) and he pretty much always stepped up in key moments — be it the Decima final (MotM), the 2021 Copa America final (the winning goal) or the recent World Cup final (best player on the pitch until the substitution, although after that both Messi & Mbappé overcame him).

What we saw at United is that he's most likely (as far as the evidence suggests) incapable of being THE star man on a prolonged basis, at least at the top level. He isn't asked to do that here though.

Šjor Bepo

You only have to look at Casemiro in the current United to see what a properly positioned defensive mid can bring to the table. Not only does he prevent attackers from running at the defense (and making decent defenders look bad as a result), he also enables the rest of the team to have more freedom to play their game on the ball.

The likes of Ardiles to me is a mazy dribbler and will not offer the consistent defensive screen that will be needed at times - I'm not knowcking him, he has defensive workrate, but not the consistency you need in this kind of setup. Also you're taking away his best aspect, which is to attack with more freedom.

Di Maria, I'm sorry to say, is pretty much the worst player on the pitch. Not only do I not rate him, he's utterly a spineless worm and will not put in the hard yards needed to help you out when the chips are down. If you had a different player here, I wouldn't be saying anything as that balances the midfield better, but he's an absolute liability especially when you consider he's up against the likes of Dunga and Robson. A couple of hard tackles and that cnut will be rolling around on the floor and phoning it in. We've seen it week-in and week-out at United, he will bottle it under pressure.
So shall we pretend Casemiro is the only way to go in football? Just look at your team then, Dunga is more like Pirlo then he is like Casemiro and you have far less protection.
Man City - Rodri
Barca last decade - Busquets
Bayern when they won CL - Thiago
any team with Pirlo - Pirlo
zillion other examples.

Pirlo just needs protection so he doesnt end up being 1v1 in the middle of the pitch and he gets that with tireless runners around him(proven during course of his whole career) and even here he gets additional "protection" with team being set up to play more on the counter.

Ossie is pretty much a perfect match for Pirlo, tireless worker that is great on the pitch but selfless as you can get to give him full reign of power to control the game.

I hate Di Maria but you are wrong and you are not even putting an argument so no point of even going there.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, Di Maria is pretty bold and overall inspiring choice for that midfield. Am usually a sucker for these 'lesser' (in draft terms), but great for team and balance names. The field is quite even here.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Irrespective of Di Maria's quality he is the perfect tactical fit in this setup with a balanced LB. At his Real peak he still had excellent pace and dribbling so he could own it outwide but had the intelligence to play more centrally too. Ardilles is a duracell bunny who was also great on the ball. It is a bit more lightweight defensively having Di Maria instead of Gattuso but Wazza and Muller make up for it. Crespo and Kaka didn't offer that much off the ball in that Milan side.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Junior & Dinho attacking on the same side will be an absolute riot.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Two very good teams.

I'd have preferred someone more overlapping than Junior. He still can do the job, but you don't really want his midfield playmaking skill with Ronaldinho there.

As to Sjor, he should have gone for 4-3-2-1 as it's how I see the team functioning. And it gets the best of Muller too. I can buy Ardiles as a Seedorf replacement as the pass and run forward type of game suits him the best. but the feel there needs to be a more defensive centric CM (the Gattuso type) to do the dirty work. It can be wither Ardiles or Di Maria, but not both.

Given this to Himannv for now.

NM

Went with Sjor in a very close one... In the end all 4 being goat tier defenders means he is able to deal with Himanv's offense but than Himanv will be able to deal with his... But my mind is open to be changed here. Really on the fence and saw I was the deciding vote so am still thinking

Himannv

Went with Sjor in a very close one... In the end all 4 being goat tier defenders means he is able to deal with Himanv's offense but than Himanv will be able to deal with his... But my mind is open to be changed here. Really on the fence and saw I was the deciding vote so am still thinking
Not going to knock his defenders, they are all great players. Mine are pretty good as well and should be more than capable of handling his attack. So if we move to the rest of the team, I think I have the edge.

My attack is also better because at their peak, Ronaldinho and Simonsen are Ballon d'Or level good. Simonsen won it in 1977 and Ronaldinho won it in 2005. Plus I have Pele who is in the argument for being the best player of all time. Batistuta is great as a focal point for this attack and allows the others the space to play behind him while he occupies the defense. I'd argue that if anyone is able to breach that defense, it will be this lot.

My midfield is also better balanced than his, because he needs a different type of player there, like a Gattuso or a Vidal or someone there who will add the necessary defensive steel to help bring out the best in Pirlo. Dunga and Robson are just excellent at what they do. Dunga was the one player who allowed Brazil to be so gung-ho in the 90s plus he's great at starting off attacks from the deep. Plus Robson needs no introduction, he can do it all himself. With Dunga alongside him, he's nicely poised to put his stamp on the game.

NM

Not going to knock his defenders, they are all great players. Mine are pretty good as well and should be more than capable of handling his attack. So if we move to the rest of the team, I think I have the edge.

My attack is also better because at their peak, Ronaldinho and Simonsen are Ballon d'Or level good. Simonsen won it in 1977 and Ronaldinho won it in 2005. Plus I have Pele who is in the argument for being the best player of all time. Batistuta is great as a focal point for this attack and allows the others the space to play behind him while he occupies the defense. I'd argue that if anyone is able to breach that defense, it will be this lot.

My midfield is also better balanced than his, because he needs a different type of player there, like a Gattuso or a Vidal or someone there who will add the necessary defensive steel to help bring out the best in Pirlo. Dunga and Robson are just excellent at what they do. Dunga was the one player who allowed Brazil to be so gung-ho in the 90s plus he's great at starting off attacks from the deep. Plus Robson needs no introduction, he can do it all himself. With Dunga alongside him, he's nicely poised to put his stamp on the game.
That's all very valid but if I do switch my vote it will be because of your noodle dick comment and the fake Di Maria press release. Class stuff! :lol:

Šjor Bepo

thats the difference, yours is a group of individuals while i built a team.

Himannv

thats the difference, yours is a group of individuals while i built a team.
Both our teams are set up to allow some of our star players to shine. My team's approach is to allow all our 3 star attackers the chance to run at your defence, while you've set up to give Fenomeno some freedom. Different tactical setups and different means of controlling the game to determine the outcome.

Šjor Bepo

All I'm seeing is this:

you lost to a noodle dick(and Di Maria), do what you want with that in mind

but seriously, good game and it was a close one....i generally liked it, the things i signified as weak points were minor issues. Now you placed me in a bad position as i have no idea what to do next(fecking Pirlo) as o thought i will lose this.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
you lost to a noodle dick(and Di Maria), do what you want with that in mind

but seriously, good game and it was a close one....i generally liked it, the things i signified as weak points were minor issues. Now you placed me in a bad position as i have no idea what to do next(fecking Pirlo) as o thought i will lose this.
The boring option, but possibly the more draft friendly option, is to replace Pirlo with a dedicated DM.

Himannv

I'd upgrade Muller and Di Maria if I were you. Muller because you could use a more potent attacker there and Di Maria because he's a rat.

Šjor Bepo

I'd upgrade Muller and Di Maria if I were you. Muller because you could use a more potent attacker there and Di Maria because he's a rat.
if i drop muller someone hacked me

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Like the use of Ardiles from Sjor's team. Such a little beast. Tireless runner, great at keeping possession, had great dribbling skills in close control, great passer, and team player. Bernado reminds me a lot of him.