Hector Bellerin

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Bright guy. Makes good impression. He talks about him first coming to England, off-pitch projects in technology, fashion and philanthropy; the life of a footballer (relations with fans, social media, time-management) and Q&A (including Alexis, Arsenal Fan TV, racism, depression in football, money in football).

How's he doing on the pitch this season? The experiment with him on the left is over, I trust?

Last edited:

diplomat

Arsenal fans want him replaced badly and say he is a big liability in defense.

Remember when Barca were rumoured being ready to pay something like £40m for him a few years ago? Maybe Arsenal should have sold him in hindsight.

mynamejeff

Remember when Barca were rumoured being ready to pay something like £40m for him a few years ago? Maybe Arsenal should have sold him in hindsight.
i wonder if their defense is a wenger problem

RedFish

He's quite speedy, which gets him out of trouble a fair bit. Seems like a decent bloke actually. He did a TV spot on TV with DeGale.

goons

Supports
Arsenal

I for one certainly don't want him out of the club. Sure he haven't exactly had an amazing season but I can see him being a very important player for us in the future. It's easy to forget he's only 22.

SambaBoy

Probably the last player Arsenal should replace in their defence, given his age and potential. There is a player in there but he has suffered from confidence issues and hasn't been rock solid defensively. Can see him becoming a good full-back though if Arsenal persist with him. He was arguably the best RB in the Prem two seasons ago, when Barca were snooping around.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bright guy. Makes good impression. He talks about him first coming to England, off-pitch projects in technology, fashion and philanthropy; the life of a footballer (relations with fans, social media, time-management) and Q&A (including Alexis, Arsenal Fan TV, racism, depression in football, money in football).

How's he doing on the pitch this season? The experiment with him on the left is over, I trust?
His Spanish/North London combo accent is gas.

izec

I dont think he is a good player. His pace is what saves him, seems clueless at times defensively. He also hasnt improved one bit the last few years.

VanGaalEra

On a side note, the Alexis stuff in that interview is really interesting. Not often you see footballers getting in depth about what's happening at their club while the season is underway. Would love to see a current United player in that chair.
At work, can't listen. What did he say?

Javi

I dont think he is a good player. His pace is what saves him, seems clueless at times defensively. He also hasnt improved one bit the last few years.
Agreed. Seems clueless offensively too most of the time, can't beat a man, average crosses. Good that Arsenal accepts mediocrity.

Edit: What's that on his ear, is he catholic or what?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Is there any wall, anywhere in Oxford, that doesn't have a pretentious looking bookshelf placed in front of it?

izec

Agreed. Seems clueless offensively too most of the time, can't beat a man, average crosses. Good that Arsenal accepts mediocrity.

Edit: What's that on his ear, is he catholic or what?
A cross. I guess so

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
For some reason, when he said about footballers having loads of free time it kind of annoyed me (even though I already knew it). There nothing non-physical they could be doing to improve their game and earn that money a bit more too?

James Peril

I can’t take people like him seriously, he just tries too hard to look cool - which in the end makes him look ridiculous. Cut that gastly looking hair and focus on football, the guy has gone back two notches after taking a step forward a few years ago. We shouldn’t judge on appearances of course, and nobody can be the judge, but we still do. Always, we’re internet trolls above all.

Him and Lallana, you’re never going to be bad-ass. Never ever.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I can’t take people like him seriously, he just tries too hard to look cool - which in the end makes him look ridiculous. Cut that gastly looking hair and focus on football, the guy has gone back two notches after taking a step forward a few years ago. We shouldn’t judge on appearances of course, and nobody can be the judge, but we still do. Always, we’re internet trolls above all.

Him and Lallana, you’re never going to be bad-ass. Never ever.
Lallana is worse to be fair. Until him I didn't think it was actually possible for a footballer to annoy me purely out of how much of a game they spend worrying about their hair. Every time the camera panned on him he'd be busy making sure his hair wasn't out of place.

Now he's decided to look like Jesus it might actually help him, since there's no point worrying about your hair when it can't possibly get any less cool looking than it already is.

Ramsey is another. I don't know why. He just looks like the kind of guy who's girlfriend ends up waiting around for HIM to finish getting ready to go out. Then he'll disappear out of a game because one of the big nasty players on the other team runs towards him with the ball.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
He looks great; I wish I could pull that off. Past generations saw nothing unusual about men having fun with their appearance.

And what does it matter if a man takes as much time as a woman to get ready, or a woman as little as a man (judging the 'as a' man and woman by your expectations)?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like one of Alice's seven dwarves to me. Only with hair instead of a hat

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
For some reason, when he said about footballers having loads of free time it kind of annoyed me (even though I already knew it). There nothing non-physical they could be doing to improve their game and earn that money a bit more too?
Sleep

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I like his style. I don't know why anyone would want more generic looking people.

Jaybomb

Am I the only one that thinks he would be a perfect signing at RB?

Tons of potential.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Just waiting for Wegner to piss off so Arsenal can train in defense.

dbs235

That accent :lol: Only ever heard that happen to Scandinavian players before really.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Feel bad for him. Very intrusive. Shouldn't have to worry he might be recorded on the phone.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal Fan TV are a bunch of embarrassing morons anyway. They always seem to be interviewing the same people and who cares what they think? Bellerin is right they make money by bringing on the crazy fans to create entertainment when we lose. The one guy Claude was supposedly really going to kill himself before going to seek mental healthcare. He’s still actively involved with AFTV and looks as mad as ever. Wouldn’t put it past them to film him offing himself for ratings.

Nobody has to care about them anyway. They don’t represent the fan base just a bunch of opportunistic people trying to make a buck.