Help needed

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I had problems with buying a share at SU... basically my parents have got amercan express credit cards...whereas when at sight you fill up the information it doesnt have an option for american express... my mom has a visa electron debit card...and altho the site did have a visa electron option its just not accepting the payment...
Can anyone help me out??

blythy

Fascist Dictator
Your best bet is to contact SU directly (via e-mail), and see if there are any other payment methods.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
you can pay by solo? just a thought as most people have a solo card

amolbhatia50k

i see its an option...but its another card right? like visa or american express?

amolbhatia50k

blythy said:
It's a Switch card for young 'uns
im getting confused.. switch and solo are different cards just like american express and visa are right?? therefore youd obviously need a solo or switch card to use that option?

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Solo cards are decent accepted pretty much every where now, plus you dont have an overdraft limit, so no chance of paying it back.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
i paid with my natwest bank card- thats a solo if you bank with them.

amolbhatia50k

SmashedHombre said:
i paid with my natwest bank card- thats a solo if you bank with them.
can you explain that concept...im really running out of ideas..i mailed SU but its seems it will prob take awhile till they can reply.

karan316

Solo and switch cards are what they use a lot here amol, they arent available in India so thats not an option for you. The people who recommended them probably assumed you're in the UK as well.

I cant really think of any other options for you... probably just have to wait for the reply to your mail

or if you know someone that has a visa/mastercard/solo/switch ask them to pay for you and then pay them in cash or something?

Yianni

I have a key card, thats what they call it here in australia if your underage and dont have a credit card...anyone know if i could use that ? I have only signed up for that free membership thingy with SU but need to get shares, want to get shares.

amolbhatia50k

karan316 said:
Solo and switch cards are what they use a lot here amol, they arent available in India so thats not an option for you. The people who recommended them probably assumed you're in the UK as well.

I cant really think of any other options for you... probably just have to wait for the reply to your mail

or if you know someone that has a visa/mastercard/solo/switch ask them to pay for you and then pay them in cash or something?
apparently thats what im hopefully getting done...a close family friend has a mastercard i think..so il get it done through that.