Henderson reportedly stormed out of training after being told he wasn't playing against Villa

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Hi,

Few different sources of relatively low reliability are claiming this now. Henderson wasn't on the bench for the game, replaced by Heaton.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/manchester-united-player-stormed-out-of-training-ground-20220113

Relevant :

"According to the Webby and O'Neill Man United fan channel, interim boss Ralf Rangnick had promised Henderson that he would be starting in the FA Cup third round clash on Monday.

"On Monday, was told Dean Henderson stormed out of the training ground after being told he wasn't playing on Sunday," Tony O'Neill said on his channel.
"We never said anything, I wanted to make sure from another source - got that.
"He was told he's not playing but he was preparing all week. I can understand Henderson being annoyed - he's second string and not getting a chance.

"Him storming out, preparing to play and then being told you're not playing, is understandable. [He's] a young lad and wants to play.
"The excuse from Rangnick himself for him not even being on the bench was that he was ill but there was no description of what illness.
"Checked my source, I'm happy with it."."
Also being posted about in the mirror and some other rags.

Is this passion or overstepping the mark?
Is it more hassle to keep him, if he is acting out in this way and fecking up the already awful atmosphere at the club?

United in sin

Very unprofessional of him if true. I don't see Henderson as a future number one here, he's not imposing enough in goal.

Shouldn't this be in the United forum?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The tension within Carrington and on match days in the dressing room must be palpable.

Love to be a fly on the wall at the club at the present. Sounds entertaining.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He has been second string to a very bad de gea last season, when it looked like he was gonna be number 1 DDG came back into remarkable form. Rangnick subbed him off at half time in his only appearance under rangnick, and now he got lied to.

a lie, or going back on your word, is the worst.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Usually the second string keeper starts in the FA Cup matches, it's a little strange he wouldn't start as its not the final.

Skills

Snitch
Should've sold him after Sheffield United. Let's be honest, GK is way too an important position in football - when you need one, you should go and buy the best/most talented available.

Henderson is a good keeper, potentially very good but if he was playing for another club he wouldn't be player I'd want us to spend £50m+ on to be our keeper.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Keeping him is just going to create a toxic atmosphere, let the lad go.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Let him go. He should have been No1, he's too good to be sitting in the bench. He wants to play football, fair enough.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Feck sake, I put it in the wrong forum. Can a mod move it please ?

Quite funny that the first few posts were the most reasonable football discussion I've seen on the caf in a while though :lol:

Get rid of him. Hasn't been good enough in his few appearances, and certainly not good enough to let him get away with that kind of behaviour. It's unprofessional and undermining to the manager.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Should've sold him after Sheffield United. Let's be honest, GK is way too an important position in football - when you need one, you should go and buy the best/most talented available.

Henderson is a good keeper, potentially very good but if he was playing for another club he wouldn't be player I'd want us to spend £50m+ on to be our keeper.
Exactly. I wish Donnarumma hadn’t been with Mino. I’d have moved heaven and earth to get him. GK sorted for the next ten years. PSG still looking for a keeper “oh we’ve got Dave here if you’re interested” despite what we hear it feels like we are always well behind the teams on the cutting edge even though we are willing to splash the cash

get rid of dean and Dave plus wages = donnarumma for free for however many years. Instead we just go and stockpile a load of #2s, upset the dressing room and tread water. It’s madness

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I've always wondered what "storming" out of training actually involves.

Like, did he stomp his feet really loudly as he was leaving, slamming doors behind him and throwing dirty looks at anyone he could make eye contact with? That sort of stuff?

Revan

Assumptionman
Meh, he is mediocre, should have sold him when we could have got some money out of him (after the loan). Like with Lingard, he became unsellable (while being unplayable) when we offered that stupid contract.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Like, did he stomp his feet really loudly as he was leaving, slamming doors behind him and throwing dirty looks at anyone he could make eye contact with? That sort of stuff?

Here you can see Henderson meeting Bailly on his way out.

Bosws87

Henderson might be one of our most overrated players I have seen nothing that would ever put him above De Gea. In the few games he played for us I just remember thinking De Gea would of saved that.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

I hope he was actually stomping as much as he could, and that he was in the area farthest from the exit of the training grounds when he started. I'd like to think of this as Henderson stomping for some tens of meters in full view of everyone while looking angry, while everyone around him looks on silently and tries not to burst out laughing.

Jibbs

I said it before, handing over that mammoth contract to Degea was probably the worst thing United management could do. Henderson is a top talent, a modern sweeper keeper but we will loose him for peanuts in the summer.
If we did not want to keep him, he should have been sold to Chelsea when they came calling with 50 million. Good luck getting even 25m for him now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can understand his frustration, just sums the club up at the moment to be honest.

He was obviously promised to be the future of the club and now his career has stalled. We really should be loaning him in January.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
United need a cleanse of players with attitude problems.

Huffy hot and cold players should be sold. It seems to be working at arsenal having a complete cleanse and it’s desperately needed at United.

Tired of reading about petulance, seeing outspoken interviews and watching players with slumped shoulders and sullen faces on the pitch.

Henderson, Pogba, Shaw, Martial, Rashford, Lingard all out and a new captain to establish a standard in gbe dressing room.

Bwuk

I can understand his frustration, just sums the club up at the moment to be honest.

He was obviously promised to be the future of the club and now his career has stalled. We really should be loaning him in January.
Agreed. This is what VdB would be doing if he had anything about him.

mu4c_20le

Also being posted about in the mirror and some other rags.

Is this passion or overstepping the mark?
Is it more hassle to keep him, if he is acting out in this way and fecking up the already awful atmosphere at the club?
I thought he was dead cert to start that game myself. If he was dropped because of certain reasons and then he stormed out, then he should take a good look at himself. If he was dropped because Ralf was too scared to play a 3rd round cup tie without his in-form starting keeper then yeah, he has a right to be upset.

chiz2kul

spicy.

reserve judgement until reputable sources report. if true, then his time is up at the club. poor lad though, he just wants to play. wonder how much of this speaks to the general state of the club. sad!