Henderson reportedly stormed out of training after being told he wasn't playing against Villa

spiriticon

I thought he should have started the cup game. Quite frankly if we're going to play De Gea every game, then we should let Henderson go.

Tom Heaton is probably enough.

I don't understand our fetish with collecting players we don't play, like Pokemon cards or something.

pascell

Had his chance back end of last season and bottled it. Poor show of professionalism if this is true.

That "goalkeeping" for the Salah goal vs Liverpool at home was comical, had he taken anymore steps to the side, he'd have been next to the corner flag.

Over rated by the British media, average goalkeeper that needs moving on.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I thought he should have started the cup game. Quite frankly if we're going to play De Gea every game, then we should let Henderson go.

I don't understand our fetish with collecting players we don't play, like Pokemon cards or something.
Pogs seem to be a better example, we used to keep even the ones that were never going to be used.

Giggsy13

What a petulant little child. De Gea is back on form so you’re clearly second best. Move on child and piss off with that attitude.

b82REZ

Good riddance if true.

Never seen anything of him in a United shirt that suggests he's capable of being our number one. Despite a lot of posters claiming so, he's nowhere close to being a sweeper keeper. Has slightly better distribution than Dave, but isn't half the shot stopper.

Been a lot of rumblings about him in recent weeks so certainly gives some credence to these stories. Should be demoted to the reserves if true.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He was never that great, but his reputation seemed to hype immeasurably through De Gea's bad form.

That goal where he stood almost outside his post and let Salah cruise in and side it into acres of empty net as if it was an adult playing against a kid lives long in the memory.

PeteManic

He wears shit gloves and a shit cap. He's only there because he's English. No one better than Big Dave.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What makes you say that
Did you chose to not read the rest just to be dramatic?

He meant to say that he should be sold so he could be nr 1 somewhere else.

SATA

Big time Charlie. Send him off somewhere. I’m sure Sheffield United will be happy to take him back and he can play in the Championship

MoskvaRed

Our squad management is atrocious. The back up keeper should be a solid veteran ( Van der Gouw was perfect), not someone looking to establish himself and break into the England team. Henderson is probably not good enough but, if he has received promises about fighting for the no. 1 shirt, I can understand his frustration.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Had his chance back end of last season and bottled it. Poor show of professionalism if this is true.

That "goalkeeping" for the Salah goal vs Liverpool at home was comical, had he taken anymore steps to the side, he'd have been next to the corner flag.

Over rated by the British media, average goalkeeper that needs moving on.
His ability over de Gea is also overrated here significantly.

If people actually rewatch his performances last season where he got that extended run of games, there was nothing he showed that was head and shoulders above Dave.

Quite a few of his saves kept the ball well in play, and on quite a few times back to the feet of the attackers. His aerial presence, which a lot of fans instantly ask de Gea to dropped because of led to a few fumbles and in turn potential goalscoring opportunities. His positioning for saves as well is inferior to de gea's: if you replay his time at Sheffield United and watch where he places himself, he at times make it look more spectacular because he hasn't set himself right in the first place.

He is a good goalkeeper, but not great. This whole conception that he can be better overall than DDG is just bollocks imo, because this whole "modern goalkeeper" perception is the only way a club can be a winning team all of a sudden.

stevoc

We seem to have a lot of players like Lingard, DVB, Bailly, Henderson who seem to think they are the dogs bollocks and want to be treated as such. But don't have much interest in proving they are as good as they think where it matters.

SER19

Toxic little diva. That mistake v Liverpool last season is among the worst I've ever seen, totally different to just dropping a ball or whatever. Hardly took his chance

Wow can’t believe so many posters saying he should automatically start because it’s a cup game.

Like Fergie said, always play your best players. We want to win the competition, we desperately need trophies. This isn’t a charity, we supposed to be Man Utd and he should be considering himself lucky to be back up here.

he should be booted out asap if this is true. He signed the contract and over estimated himself and under estimated De Gea.

hobbers

Depends on why Rangnick decided not to play him, if this is indeed what happened.

If he said he'd be playing all week and then changed his mind the day before or whatever for no good reason then yeh, justified.

Maybe Rangnick pulled him out because Henderson is close to going on loan to somewhere or whatever, and so it wasnt wise to risk him.

And if Henderson had just been assuming he'd play because it's a cup game, and then didnt like it when he found out he wasn't, that's his own fault.

Swedish_Plumber

There’s a difference between having fire and ambition and being an entitled twat.

Should we understand why he’s pissed off? He made several mistakes last season too. Dave seems to be back to somewhere near a level that is good enough as well.

Need to feck players like him off who are gonna strop instead of realise they’re part of a squad, in a team sport and work for their colleagues towards success. You can maybe get away with this shite if the team is successful, but even then it should be curtains - thinking of RVN back in the day.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Toxic little diva. That mistake v Liverpool last season is among the worst I've ever seen, totally different to just dropping a ball or whatever. Hardly took his chance
Posters forget to add the beautiful fumble thay landed at firmino's feet that game too.

Blood Mage

Unprofessional prat who thinks he's better than he is. Nowhere near De Gea's level. Feck him off as soon as possible.

arnie_ni

Did you chose to not read the rest just to be dramatic?

He meant to say that he should be sold so he could be nr 1 somewhere else.
That's not what he said. He said he should have been no.1, as in he should be our no.1, not de gea

I'm genuinely curious why he thinks he should be number 1 ahead of de gea.

Greck

The entitlement in this squad is driving me crazy. Ole just came in, put him ahead of romero and gave him the entitlement he'd be starting over De Gea in a year or two based on nothing solid. We'll now lose both Romero and Henderson and I'm just glad we didn't unsettle De Gea prepping a clearly inferior keeper. I guess I can understand if he was promised but he never showed much to deserve it. Should have been sold were it not for talent hoarding.

Oranges038

Henderson might be one of our most overrated players I have seen nothing that would ever put him above De Gea. In the few games he played for us I just remember thinking De Gea would of saved that.
Yet, in all those games he kept as many clean sheets as DDG did in 10 games more, and let in less goals per game, the team also won only 1 less game in 17 in 26 rather than in 18 in 36 with DDG.

All the stats and coverage pointed in favour of him being no.1. He was unlucky to get sick when he did, otherwise he would have been. He's just a better fit for the team overall than DDG, who is going to need replacing in a year or two anyway, he's just not a good fit for a team that wants to play high and be on the attack more.

But, if this behaviour is true and all the stuff about him leaking info, then he should be given the boot.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If this happened then it depends on why Rangnick changed his mind after promising to play him. If there was no good reason then I can understand Henderson being annoyed, particularly in the context of what I'm sure has been a frustrating season for him. But if Rangnick had good reason (for example, Henderson not showing a good attitude around the place even after he was told he'd play) then that's tough shit.

Perhaps worth saying Henderson has a reputation for being somewhat over-confident and bolshy, even from his time at Sheffield United. There have also been rumours that he was one of the main culprits in terms of recent dressing room leaks. And last season there were reports that the stories linking him to a move away from the club that suddenly appeared in the press after he was benched against Fulham were viewed in a negative light within the club.

With De Gea firmly re-established as #1, it seems the best thing for all parties is for him to leave. Though I can understand the club being extra cautious right now given the possibility of players suddenly missing ganes due to covid/isolation.

mu4c_20le

The entitlement in this squad is driving me crazy. Ole just came in, put him ahead of romero and gave him the entitlement he'd be starting over De Gea in a year or two based on nothing solid. We'll now lose both Romero and Henderson and I'm just glad we didn't unsettle De Gea. I guess I can understand if he was promised but he never showed much to deserve it. Should have been sold were it not for talent hoarding.
It was during a time when De Gea was under pressure and making all sorts of blunders, costing Ole points, and he actually stuck by him for way too long in my opinion. Henderson was statistically superior to him in every meaningful way, remember that debate on here? I was saying that he sholdn't be given the #1 based on only one good PL season, and lots of people were saying he was the future and posting the BBC stats and to sell De Gea. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would be happy to loan him out again and try to do a Courtois with him, but he sounds incredibly arrogant and not in the good way.

Nero

Our squad management is atrocious. The back up keeper should be a solid veteran ( Van der Gouw was perfect), not someone looking to establish himself and break into the England team. Henderson is probably not good enough but, if he has received promises about fighting for the no. 1 shirt, I can understand his frustration.
The promises were kept. He fought for the No.1 shirt and lost. Or more, De Gea won.

Greck

I actually thought so too but the problem about wanting to be number 1 would still have remained.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wow can’t believe so many posters saying he should automatically start because it’s a cup game.

Like Fergie said, always play your best players. We want to win the competition, we desperately need trophies. This isn’t a charity, we supposed to be Man Utd and he should be considering himself lucky to be back up here.

he should be booted out asap if this is true. He signed the contract and over estimated himself and under estimated De Gea.
Exactly. I'd understand it if we were in the middle of a congested fixture list but there was a week between the game before and 5 days till the next.

No reason not to play the first team, especially under a new manager.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Get rid.

Poor form from the manager if he "promised" him a start, but who knows if Henderson was performing badly in training all week?

Basically it's yet another showing of a pampered baby not getting his way, I'd rather have a player face that scenario with the attitude of "okay, what did I do wrong to make you go back on your word, and what do I have to do to start the next game?".

I've been saying this for a while, but the mentality of some of our players is quite frankly shocking, it has been like this for years, we need to go back to proper scouting - get to know the player as individuals not just what they do in their comfort zones at smaller clubs.

Castia

Not very professional but he and Donny keep being told to stay ‘we’re playing in 3 competitions!’ yet never get a game. No wonder the dressing room is messed up let these players go if they aren’t being used, this keeper is on over 100k a week and will probably bring in 25m+ why the feck are we keeping him on the bench??

We’ve told a load of players to stick around when it’s usually the same 14/15 players who make the starting 11 no matter how they perform

Greck

It was during a time when De Gea was under pressure and making all sorts of blunders, costing Ole points, and he actually stuck by him for way too long in my opinion. Henderson was statistically superior to him in every meaningful way, remember that debate on here? I was saying that he sholdn't be given the #1 based on only one good PL season, and lots of people were saying he was the future and posting the BBC stats and to sell De Gea. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would be happy to loan him out again and try to do a Courtois with him, but he sounds incredibly arrogant and not in the good way.
I was never too bothered about his numbers playing for other teams but when De gea was on bad form and he played ahead of him he let in goals that had everyone feel de gea would have saved. He cost us not by error but by being blatantly inferior in ability.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Exactly. I'd understand it if we were in the middle of a congested fixture list but there was a week between the game before and 5 days till the next.

It's also a position that doesnt require the same scrutiny of fitness levels as outfield players do, so even more reason you can stick to your #1 choice for every game of the season.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If he was promised to play and then Ralf suddenly changed his mind for no justified reason I can fully understand him.

In any case, let him go, he isn't good enough to be our number 1.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
That's not what he said. He said he should have been no.1, as in he should be our no.1, not de gea

I'm genuinely curious why he thinks he should be number 1 ahead of de gea.
If that's what he meant, i read it wrong. Guess it can be read both ways, i thought he meant "He's too good to be on the bench, sell him so he can be nr 1".
He's clearly not better than DDG.

It's also a position that doesnt require the same scrutiny of fitness levels as outfield players do, so even more reason you can stick to your #1 choice for every game of the season.
Yeah good points, should be rare to not play your best players especially keeper. Its almost like a lot of fans have sub-consciously lost the excitement and desire of wanting to win trophies. Some seem to be more happy to see their favourite young players and academy players start and us loose the game.

I can understand it in a way but personally I’m just too competitive a person! I just enjoy watching us playing our best players and going all out for the win every game.

izec

That is what i want from an ambitious lad. United through and through. Big mistake. But again, not surprised, we are where we are for a reason.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If you're not going to play him and you won't sell him, I can understand why he's upset. Seems fair enough to me.

mu4c_20le

I was never too bothered about his numbers playing for other teams but when De gea was on bad form and he played ahead of him he let in goals that had everyone feel de gea would have saved. He cost us not by error but by being blatantly inferior in ability.
Yeah, he wasn't ready as he was still very young. But I do believe that he would be at least Pickford's level, if given proper development time.

That is what i want from an ambitious lad. United through and through. Big mistake. But again, not surprised, we are where we are for a reason.
:lol: is that why he wants to jump from a sinking ship?