Henderson reportedly stormed out of training after being told he wasn't playing against Villa

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We seem to have a lot of players like Lingard, DVB, Bailly, Henderson who seem to think they are the dogs bollocks and want to be treated as such. But don't have much interest in proving they are as good as they think where it matters.
Yeah, it's pretty funny though. You have some average players (at least compared to what ambitions the club should have) and they have ego problems, and we also have some good players who get paid (and act) like they're superstars. I wonder who are the best players pound for pound with view to their contracts and what we paid for them.

Or to ask it another way, is there any player in the squad who genuinely merits his contract (and where applicable, the fee paid)?

arnie_ni

If that's what he meant, i read it wrong. Guess it can be read both ways, i thought he meant "He's too good to be on the bench, sell him so he can be nr 1".
He's clearly not better than DDG.
I'd agree with that statement. He's definitely a keeper who can start in the PL, just not for us imo

Zoo

I sympathise with him for the way things have gone for him this season but have always found him to be a bit deluded when he talks about believing he could be best in the world or whatever. There’s a line between confidence and delusion. At the end of the day he’s well paid and should just suck it up.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’s human. Whether his confidence in his own ability is delusional or not is beside the point - a player in that situation has a breaking point and he has also been refused a move by all accounts so I can understand the frustration.

izec

Yeah, he wasn't ready as he was still very young. But I do believe that he would be at least Pickford's level, if given proper development time.

:lol: is that why he wants to jump from a sinking ship?
He would stay if he would game time. He wants to play and not sit on the bench.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not very professional but he and Donny keep being told to stay ‘we’re playing in 3 competitions!’ yet never get a game. No wonder the dressing room is messed up let these players go if they aren’t being used, this keeper is on over 100k a week and will probably bring in 25m+ why the feck are we keeping him on the bench??

We’ve told a load of players to stick around when it’s usually the same 14/15 players who make the starting 11 no matter how they perform
I don't care if he's promised the world. They're professional. If they feel they've been wronged put on a transfer list, or don't renew, storming out of a training session is a very unprofessional thing to do.

If this is my company he''ll be having his p45 in the morning

90 + 5min

If true, just leave the club. Just one of those who think they are better then they actually are. Our players, if sources are to believed, are showing some deeply lack of character.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It makes sense for him being annoyed. Even the official preview that United had posted had Henderson’s photo in the background, I even thought that it was an interesting choice and they must’ve got some inside information (apparently not).

But storming out of the training is stupid and unprofessional. To be fair to him, he had stated multiple times over the past few seasons his position on the matter — either play him in goal or let him go and he got tied to a new contract apparently under some unfulfilled promises. He was supposed to start this season as a number 1 under Ole but got COVID at the wrong time and then De Gea found some good form again…

Anyway, I think it’s clear that his chance to grab a starting spot has passed and I don’t think that he’s talented enough to earn another one on a longer distance, so it’s probably for the best to sell him — I’m sure that this is what he would ask for in the summer.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I said it before, handing over that mammoth contract to Degea was probably the worst thing United management could do. Henderson is a top talent, a modern sweeper keeper but we will loose him for peanuts in the summer.
If we did not want to keep him, he should have been sold to Chelsea when they came calling with 50 million. Good luck getting even 25m for him now.
Henderson is not a “modern sweeper keeper”, that’s a ridiculous claim, quite frankly. He’s very much your usual all-rounder, it’s just that De Gea is permanently glued to a goal line so anyone looks adventurous in comparison.

Henderson is very uncomfortable sweeping but still tries to do it more often than he should as he knows that it’s his only advantage. Still, compare him to Neuer, Alisson, Emerson, ter Stegen etc. and you’ll see a huge difference in how they approach the game.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I always found Henderson, when he has featured, to be very similar to DDG playing style wise.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
What's wrong with him being annoyed by not playing do we want them all to be content with picking up their wages for nothing? He's got ambition I like that and I don't think he's done a lot wrong when being played. Just because DDG is a god to guys on here doesn't make Henderson shit he isn't and we played better with him in the team last season in defence.
DDG becomes great when our defence is bad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good. Isn’t this what we’ve been saying we want to see from our bunch of sissies who don’t give a feck? Good on Dean for having a bit about him.

Flying high

The main source of the leak according to Howson.
For all that Howson is loud and mouthy, I was surprised when he named Henderson directly as a source of leaks. It sounded very much like he knew what he was talking about(he doesn't always!).

I can't blame the lad for being pissed off, but if he is causing trouble then that's not acceptable. It's clearly time for him to move on in any case.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Storming out I don't mind too much, I'm sure these things happen. He cools down and rejoins after a word. But if he's the source of the leaks, that's unacceptable.

In fairness to Rangnick, he's come into a club in turmoil when we were being torn apart by not just top teams but shite teams, so I fully understand that he might want to have as much continuity in the backline as possible. It's not as if Henderson is some incredible keeper in waiting anyway. It just so happens England have a few shite keepers as options for the World Cup so Henderson is desperate to play. Cut him loose.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Probably untrue, like most of the things that media peddles out.

Very amateurish by him if it turned out to be correct though so hope that's not the case.

Blzbud

Henderson = Les Sealey e.g. his main strength is his self-belief. But like Sealey, his self-belief is borderline delusional - he’s good but he’s not even close to being as good as he thinks he is. If we can get 20-30 million for him it will be good business.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He reminds me a lot of Joe Hart tbh. Always has a chip on his shoulder, is pretty good at a lot of things but clearly not a top keeper, and when he finally has that moment of realisation that he's probably not even good enough to be England #1, he'll fall apart. Other than being young for a keeper there's nothing impressive about him at this point; we could get by with him but we should expect more. Fair enough that he wants to play regularly, but he needs a reality check.

El Jefe

Its very normal for No.2 goalkeepers to be quite moody, not sure why this is seen as such a big deal. They often deserve to be No.2s but in their mind think they are better than what they are.

If you've not fully accepted the reality of being a No.2 it's difficult because you will hardly get the chance to shine. Henderson is obviously an overconfident lad especially with his soon on top bollocks, he's just unfortunate that DDG returned to his top class level this year. Let him go in the summer and at least fetch us a decent transfer fee.

Ogaranya

He should be punished to serve as a lesson to others, no player is above the club, expressing your feelings in such an irresponsible manner should have some disciplinary consequences.

We have given these players too much power, I blame Ole for this,
Block him from leaving in January, demote him to the U23 and then throw him out in the summer.

CloneMC16

Wouldn't surprise me. He wasn't on the bench and that's a pretty big sign. Henderson wants to leave pretty badly. We know this. Keeping him around doesn't seem like the best idea if he's going to act as unprofessionally as this. He's not going to get used, so just let him leave.

Still, I respect a player that wants to play over others that sit there picking up their weekly wage, doing nothing for months on end. I don't think you should tell a player that they will play and then take that away when the game is approaching. Seems like a pretty dick move.

Last edited:

Jackal981

Our squad management is atrocious. The back up keeper should be a solid veteran ( Van der Gouw was perfect), not someone looking to establish himself and break into the England team. Henderson is probably not good enough but, if he has received promises about fighting for the no. 1 shirt, I can understand his frustration.
Romero was perfect but apparently Ole had a vendetta and had to treat him like garbage

peridigm

Pretty sure Ralf said during the presser today that Dean was sick and that’s why he didn’t play.

MrBest

We have too many players. I like Henderson, always have and i do believe he has what it takes to be number one. We tried it but during the summer, de gea regained his firm and went from strength to strength which just made it harder for Henderson to get a look in. I dont disagree that we kept Henderson, De Gea was looking bad for over 18 months. This is football and most the time form is temporary whilst class is permanent. De gea is still early 30s, hebhas at least 4 or 5 years left on him, I'd sell Henderson, keep Heaton and start looking for a new keeper to take over the sticks from 2027. Unfortunately this club cannot forward plan, so that's why we are stuck with three very good keepers.

Strootman's Finger

Why would he think he is playing? De Gea is playing out of his skin at the moment, who in the world would drop him?

Greck

Problem is way too damn many players are going to need replacing. A backup keeper is the last thing we should be going into the summer thinking about. We really amassed a decent amount of talent just to have it explode. Shouldn't even have unsettled Romero just to end up losing both.

Sviken

This is one of the biggest problems we have right now. We try to keep players as hostages instead of letting them go. Okay, let's say Dean is not good enough for first team football. Let him go. Same as Donny or anyone who doesn't want to stay here like Pogba, Martial, Lingard, etc. Otherwise this just creates a very toxic and unfriendly environment at the club and no wonder results are suffering for it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Typical ManUtd move, retain player and barely play them which end up 40-50 million loss for the club and no one is held responsible for this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If this is my company he''ll be having his p45 in the morning
People still compare their regular 9-5 jobs with football players :lol:

If you are worth 20-25 million pounds then your company wouldn't be firing you.

Nordmore

Probably untrue, like most of the things that media peddles out.

Very amateurish by him if it turned out to be correct though so hope that's not the case.
Agreed.

I don't buy this horse shit at all. First, it's very unprofessional. Second, it's childish and stupid.

Professional football is brutal. No guy made it to this level would be that unprofessional, childish and stupid. Even Ballotelli.

We're a mess atm and players like Ronaldo keep giving stupid interview to the press doesn't help.

If you want to criticize your teammates do that behind the door. Go to the press and attack your teammates only make things worse for your team. It's also very disrespectful to your manager as such thing make them look bad in public eye since that's clear evidence that the manager hasn't been able to do his job properly. It'll give the press abundantly more chance to create stories and stir shits up. And they surely will do that. Very very bad for the team I must say.

Last edited:

Tap

Rather keep Romero than this hyped up average keeper.