6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwithabone

He's got a bit of Mata about him. Seems very likeable and someone that we are willing to do well but is racked with terrible inconsistency. Like Mata though he knows where the goal is and when you have a non striker who comfortably gets into double figures there is always going to be a massive reluctance to think about moving him on.

Dave46

Underwhelming in our big matches except for Spurs at home.

Need more from him. Hopefully he can be decisive in the EL.
To be fair, what big matches? He was injured in the first Derby, did not play both games against Chelsea and he was subbed early on for Herrera's red in the cup game. He did not play against Arsenal yet, nor first Liverpool game. The 2nd Liverpool and City games were on the defensive side of things.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
To be fair, what big matches? He was injured in the first Derby, did not play both games against Chelsea and he was subbed early on for Herrera's red in the cup game. He did not play against Arsenal yet, nor first Liverpool game. The 2nd Liverpool and City games were on the defensive side of things.
He was horrible in the first derby. It was his first start and he didn't play again for months after that performance.

Every big game he's played for us so far has been very underwhelming. I love Mkhitaryan as a player and think he's potentially immense, but that doesn't change his performances for us in the biggest matches - so far. It's only fair to comment on that.

Walters_19_MuFc

Came on and offered nothing. People moan about Fellaini, but if he was on the bench, my opinion is that he'd have been a lot more useful than Mkhi today.

Stringer

Came on and offered nothing. People moan about Fellaini, but if he was on the bench, my opinion is that he'd have been a lot more useful than Mkhi today.
Totally agree. I can't remember the last game in the PL that he played well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Agreed.

I was excited about Mkhi when we bought him, given his impressive Bundesliga numbers, he's done relatively little to justify that excitement though. Some memorable performances but mostly nothing that much better than the junior players in the side. Considering he's in his late 20s you'd have expected more consistency and maturity.

AndyJ1985

He's been useless for months now. It's pissing me off how we keep buying players who are supposed to be good but instead look like they've forgotten how to play football. What's all that about

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He has had a very disappointing 1st season

A bizarre first few months were he was effectively ignored and then in and out of the team for the rest of the season with decent outings a couple of outstanding games but mostly poor

I think it's fair to say leaving him out for the 1st half of the season did him no good at all

NinjaFletch

Mata should have come on for him instead.

The amount of times Mkhi dribbles into dead ends for no reason infuriates me.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Couple of Bundesliga watchers on here called it during the summer - looks great when the team is in form, but not someone to depend on the lift the team when the chips are down.

luke511

Mkhitaryan only seems to be productive for us when he's involved in a counter attack, seems that way anyway..

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Couple of Bundesliga watchers on here called it during the summer - looks great when the team is in form, but not someone to depend on the lift the team when the chips are down.
This. I dont think he has the heart.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He's quite spineless. I had no hopes he'd come on and turn things around and sadly he didn't disappoint.

NinjaFletch

I'd say that's been pretty obvious for us. Even within games I don't think I can ever remember him being the spark responsible for changing the game round when we were under the cosh.

Dinghy

He's all about quick passing and moving. No wonder he looks shit with the way we're set up to play at the moment. He's not being played to his strengths at all.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He's been useless for months now. It's pissing me off how we keep buying players who are supposed to be good but instead look like they've forgotten how to play football. What's all that about
They get over hyped by people on here (not you). People cream themselves at the thought of this player signing for us. Then because the league is so tough relative to other leagues they struggle. But mainly they are over hyped and cannot meet the expectations.

To be honest you could probably count on two hands the amount of players available who would make a huge difference.

For example people are not hyping up Bernardo Silva. I can guarantee if we sign him, he wont meet expectations.

Born2Lose

I think a lot of it is about buying players who can't deal with the expectation and pressure of trying to drag a club this big out of the swamp it's found itself in.

Litch

First bloody season, really don't understand why people think it's sooo easy to adjust to playing in a different league. Shown his qualities already at times, just give him some time for feck sake....

Dave46

He was horrible in the first derby. It was his first start and he didn't play again for months after that performance.

Every big game he's played for us so far has been very underwhelming. I love Mkhitaryan as a player and think he's potentially immense, but that doesn't change his performances for us in the biggest matches - so far. It's only fair to comment on that.
Read my post again...slowly.

Litch

He's a kind of player as Kagawa. Not good enough for this league
That assessment of one season, had periods out injured and in a team still finding its identity? I'd have more respect if people would write this when we've won than when we have a difficult result....

el3mel

It is also important not to write him off after one season
That's the problem of this place: Player plays some excellent matches: He's the new Messi. Same play plays some bad matches: He's the new Cleverely. Both are too reactionary it's unreal.

He got his problems, but writing him off as the new Kagawa now is not a good decision by any means.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's flattered to deceive, but 15 contributions to goals in 35 apps is good for someone who hasn't got going. I know they've almost all been in the Europa league but there's a chance he could build on it next year. I'd have a lot more patience with him if he was 23 than 28 though, another season of this and I can see him being moved on.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I said this before, but I think he is decent in European games, but in the EPL, he is pretty average....dare I say, below average.
For me, an average EPL player is Lingard and Lingard has had more good games in the EPL this season, than Miki.

MadMike

He's been very good in Europa League, but in the Premier League his performances leave a lot to be desired. He needs to be much more consistent next year.

Dinghy

He's another victim of our transfer policy these last years, which is signing a random attacking-player from a completely different and functional attacking system, then expect him to go in and dominate straight away in our not so functional one. Then when we start struggling, he'll be the one taking most of the blame for it, while the much less talented get's praised for their effort and get new contract-extensions. Rinse and fecking repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.