6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aza Boy

IMHO, he needs to change his style...he always wants to dribble and past the opponents, event when the situation is not suitable to do that...a clear example today, while being surrounded by Swansea players, he still tried to make a dribble rather than a simple pass, side by side or to the back...

He needs to understand, he is not playing in the German anymore. He is playing against stronger and faster defenders in EPL. And of course, the refereeing system which allow more contact than in Germany league will also have an effect...

Sad to say that with the price tag he is given, his performance is not as being expected. Most of us excited of Fast Speedy Tricky Winger a la Robben, but in reality, just a regular continental winger...not bad, but not special...

I think I understand now, why Dortmund released him...because players like him is easy to be replaced...and with Kagawa case, one more time, Dortmund played the trick on us...I believe if we offer him to the clubs, the first club who want to buy him back is Dortmund...

Just my 2 cents...hope I am wrong...

Reactions: Penna

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Issue is he does things that we haven't had in a while, someone who can run at speed from deep and break the lines. Martial of course can do this but usually one on one with a full back, Henrikh can/has walked past midfielders and caught forced teams to turn and face their own goal.

Alas that means we over hype him because we've been starved of those type of players and play styles in recent years.

NK86

If he helps us win the EL, all will be forgiven. However he looked disinterested today for some reason.

Rossa

His legs looked leaden, and he looked downright slow trying to run through the middle. If players truly suffer from fatigue, one has to ask questions why. Mikitharyan hardly played in the autumn so should have no arguments about playing too many matches in a season. Neither of our players look likely to break down a defense, neither alone nor as a team.

Pscholes18

He's another victim of our transfer policy these last years, which is signing a random attacking-player from a completely different and functional attacking system, then expect him to go in and dominate straight away in our not so functional one. Then when we start struggling, he'll be the one taking most of the blame for it, while the much less talented get's praised for their effort and get new contract-extensions. Rinse and fecking repeat.
Spot on

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Everyone who watched Bundesliga regularly while he was at Dortmund saw these problems coming a mile away. It really looks like a baffling transfer from Mourinho and maybe even more from Mkhitaryan himself, who left the perfect setup for him.

Classical Mechanic

Everyone who watched Bundesliga regularly while he was at Dortmund saw these problems coming a mile away. It really looks like a baffling transfer from Mourinho and maybe even more from Mkhitaryan himself, who left the perfect setup for him.
He wanted to play for United though and £200k a week :D

Hopefully he kicks on next season.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Seems his issues are more physical.

He seems to have less energy than last October even if he didnt played much tbh

I think that he s the one (with Pogba) that can decide our future in Europa League

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Did nothing to change the game today, was invisible.
I'd say worse than invisible. Seemed to lose the ball every time he picked it up. Certainly not what we needed when we needed to get a goal.

The United

He's got a bit of Mata about him. Seems very likeable and someone that we are willing to do well but is racked with terrible inconsistency. Like Mata though he knows where the goal is and when you have a non striker who comfortably gets into double figures there is always going to be a massive reluctance to think about moving him on.
Mata being inconsistent?

Are you having a laugh?

Dave46

IMHO, he needs to change his style...he always wants to dribble and past the opponents, event when the situation is not suitable to do that...a clear example today, while being surrounded by Swansea players, he still tried to make a dribble rather than a simple pass, side by side or to the back...

He needs to understand, he is not playing in the German anymore. He is playing against stronger and faster defenders in EPL. And of course, the refereeing system which allow more contact than in Germany league will also have an effect...

Sad to say that with the price tag he is given, his performance is not as being expected. Most of us excited of Fast Speedy Tricky Winger a la Robben, but in reality, just a regular continental winger...not bad, but not special...

I think I understand now, why Dortmund released him...because players like him is easy to be replaced...and with Kagawa case, one more time, Dortmund played the trick on us...I believe if we offer him to the clubs, the first club who want to buy him back is Dortmund...

Just my 2 cents...hope I am wrong...
Dortmund did not want to release him and his replacements did not do that well either.

dogwithabone

Mata being inconsistent?

Are you having a laugh?

No im not.

His career at United has been, in my opinion, inconsistent. Not horribly inconsistent but inconsistent nevertheless. Consistent footballers are the likes of Eriksen, Silva, Hazard, Coutinho. None of that lot spend time out of the starting eleven like Mata does.

I love Mata and hope he's here for a long time but he's not yet hit the consistency here that he did with Chelsea.

Hojoon

I don't think it's particularly baffling for Mkhi, a lot of people highly rate prestige, money, and living in another country and experiencing a different culture.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I hope he improves next season or it will be his last with us. He has been on and off and he seems to play better in europa. I hope its due to adjustment issues(silva had similar issues for city), I think he shoots less and dribble less weather that is confidence issue or just tactical i do not know. His season has been bang on average at 6/10.

The United

No im not.

His career at United has been, in my opinion, inconsistent. Not horribly inconsistent but inconsistent nevertheless. Consistent footballers are the likes of Eriksen, Silva, Hazard, Coutinho. None of that lot spend time out of the starting eleven like Mata does.

I love Mata and hope he's here for a long time but he's not yet hit the consistency here that he did with Chelsea.
You do know that his stats here are better than when he was with Chelsea?

That's with being in a 'shit' team.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
:lol: He is the definition of inconsistency.
Eriksen, too. He's gone up a level this season but has been very inconsistent in the past.

Aza Boy

Dortmund did not want to release him and his replacements did not do that well either.
Mate, for Dortmund, no player is above the club...if the price is right they will sell...Klopp era has ended. Dortmund will always be under the shadow of Bayern Muenchen...may be until Bayern itself get bored of the title and disbanded their best players...

His replacements did not do that well ??? Have you regularly follow Bundesligue, mate ? What makes Dortmund in the position right now (currently 4th, but i believe in the end they will have 3rd place), is not about Mkhi position...the replacements is more than enough, and young...with one of them potentially being World Beater (Dembele). Pulisic will also be a great continental player...The only one who did not do well is Schurle. Because he is used to play with a different tempo at Wolfsburg...but still he is only 26 years old...

Look at Dortmund midfielders, except Bender, Sahin, Castro, and Kagawa, most of them still in the early 20's...even Goetze still 25. The 3 youngsters of Dembele, Emre Moor, and Pulisic all under 20's...But 2 of them are First XI.

What Dortmund lack is at the Back Fours. After Hummels went to Bayern Muenchen, their defense is on and off...

So like i said, player like Mkhi is easy to replace, if the price is right...because Dortmund Scout's team is one of the best to find the good cheap one, and one more thing, from marketing value outside football, no other profit he can offered...

Again, just my 2 cents try to look the thing from neutral perspective...

Donsangre

No im not.

Laughable! Especially at the consistency Hazard or Coutinho offered last season. It all depends on how the team is performing. Who they have to support etc, etc. I think we are definitely lacking a couple of world class players. I watch the last 10 mins when Mkhi came on. It was a shame that he didnt get the ball at all. Martial lost it like 100 times trying to do the same shit over and over. Mkhi tried to play quick passes to cut thru the wall but his partners kept fecking up. We needed a couple of more experienced players but rather what we have is a bunch of overrated kids.

Dave46

Mate, for Dortmund, no player is above the club...if the price is right they will sell...Klopp era has ended. Dortmund will always be under the shadow of Bayern Muenchen...may be until Bayern itself get bored of the title and disbanded their best players...

His replacements did not do that well ??? Have you regularly follow Bundesligue, mate ? What makes Dortmund in the position right now (currently 4th, but i believe in the end they will have 3rd place), is not about Mkhi position...the replacements is more than enough, and young...with one of them potentially being World Beater (Dembele). Pulisic will also be a great continental player...The only one who did not do well is Schurle. Because he is used to play with a different tempo at Wolfsburg...but still he is only 26 years old...

Look at Dortmund midfielders, except Bender, Sahin, Castro, and Kagawa, most of them still in the early 20's...even Goetze still 25. The 3 youngsters of Dembele, Emre Moor, and Pulisic all under 20's...But 2 of them are First XI.

What Dortmund lack is at the Back Fours. After Hummels went to Bayern Muenchen, their defense is on and off...

So like i said, player like Mkhi is easy to replace, if the price is right...because Dortmund Scout's team is one of the best to find the good cheap one, and one more thing, from marketing value outside football, no other profit he can offered...

Again, just my 2 cents try to look the thing from neutral perspective...
Dembele and Pulisic have potential, but neither of them covered the position the way Miki did a year ago. Forget Schurrle, he is no good.

Ashley R1+O

I said the same thing not long ago about Rooney, you can't really judge him coming on into a bit of a mess after we just conceded and expect to see brilliance. I don't think anyone in our squad has the juice at the moment to produce something like that. I like that he wants to run the ball all the time, even though he might be struggling a bit. It is a steep learning curve in England. You keg up a little and make sure you're robust before you try and dribble the ball everywhere. Look at a lot of the wingers that have developed lately in the league. Maybe he came just slightly to late in his development.

If he can settle next year I still think he can make a significant contribution going forward.

Aza Boy

Dembele and Pulisic have potential, but neither of them covered the position the way Miki did a year ago. Forget Schurrle, he is no good.
Did you see the different games, mate ???

Miki did what ??? Dortmund still below bayern...he did the same play he played previous years...nothing extra ordinary he brought...just being him...doing his job. Thats why he is replaceable. And with this youngsters, still Dortmund in Champion League zone.

Last year is Aubameyang who played in a special way. This year, Dembele. Previous years, Kagawa, Humells, Reus. Never see and hear people talk him as true Key Player.

Dave46

Did you see the different games, mate ???

Miki did what ??? Dortmund still below bayern...he did the same play he played previous years...nothing extra ordinary he brought...just being him...doing his job. Thats why he is replaceable. And with this youngsters, still Dortmund in Champion League zone.

Last year is Aubameyang who played in a special way. This year, Dembele. Previous years, Kagawa, Humells, Reus. Never see and hear people talk him as true Key Player.
Miki scored 23 goals and 32 assists in all competitions. Dembele did not do that, nor Pulisic. Dortmund did not replace Gundogan, Hummels or Miki this year. It's a fact.
He was the key player for them last year. Never heard it?:)

Reactions: Varun

izec

I will give him his first season as ok, but he was inconsistent and underwhelming. I expect much better next season, especially if we get in better players to play with. Think he could thrive and i really expect him to step up.

Aza Boy

Miki scored 23 goals and 32 assists in all competitions. Dembele did not do that, nor Pulisic. Dortmund did not replace Gundogan, Hummels or Miki this year. It's a fact.
He was the key player for them last year. Never heard it?:)
All competitions, like DFB Pokal, mate ???? I give up then...

Fox said in 2015/2016 Bundesligue stats 11 goals and 14 assists for Mkhi while in 2016/2017 without the league being over, Dembele has 6 goals and 11 assists...

Just googling by yourself in Fox website, in previous 2 years in a row, his bundesligue stats only were below :

2014/2015 : Goals 3, assists 4
2013/2014 : Goals 9, assists 9

While playing longer and with other Dortmund top performers, in the prime of his age as footballer, his number only raise in 2015/2016, before that he is just so so.

Dembele only 19, and he will surpass the assist that Mkhi done in 2015/2016.

What key player ??? He is the starting XI for Dortmund for sure ??? Important player ??? May be...but Key Player ??? He is in the prime of his age, if he is the key player, Dortmund will do whatever they can to make him stay....

If he consistently played 15 assist, 10 goals, that's key player...but he is not...

And Gundogan ??? Really ??? He is crooked...most of the time Dortmund played without him, no significant effect if he is not being replaced. Hummels is an exclusion.

Admit it mate, we overpaid like usual ...

However, since I am Man. Utd supporters, with the blind love for the club, I will support him. Hope, he is prove me wrong, at least in EL....finger crossed.

Dave46

All competitions, like DFB Pokal, mate ???? I give up then...

Fox said in 2015/2016 Bundesligue stats 11 goals and 14 assists for Mkhi while in 2016/2017 without the league being over, Dembele has 6 goals and 11 assists...

Just googling by yourself in Fox website, in previous 2 years in a row, his bundesligue stats only were below :

2014/2015 : Goals 3, assists 4
2013/2014 : Goals 9, assists 9

While playing longer and with other Dortmund top performers, in the prime of his age as footballer, his number only raise in 2015/2016, before that he is just so so.

Dembele only 19, and he will surpass the assist that Mkhi done in 2015/2016.

What key player ??? He is the starting XI for Dortmund for sure ??? Important player ??? May be...but Key Player ??? He is in the prime of his age, if he is the key player, Dortmund will do whatever they can to make him stay....

If he consistently played 15 assist, 10 goals, that's key player...but he is not...

And Gundogan ??? Really ??? He is crooked...most of the time Dortmund played without him, no significant effect if he is not being replaced. Hummels is an exclusion.

Admit it mate, we overpaid like usual ...

However, since I am Man. Utd supporters, with the blind love for the club, I will support him. Hope, he is prove me wrong, at least in EL....finger crossed.
Dude, stop putting bullshit. He was the key player for Dortmund, won the player of players award in BL. Scored 23 goals and 32 assists in BL, EL and yes, DFB Pokal. Who gives a feck about FOX. Go to Reddit Dortmund site or any other Dortmund forum to check the facts.
Gundogan was very important for Dortmund last year.

The only reason Watzke let Miki go, because Miki refused at the end to sign a new contract without an exit clause and Dortmund did not want to lose him for free on his last year of the contract.

Read this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ssia-dortmunds-most-improved-player-in-201516

Last edited:

hejabvb09

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Last year, he was the outstanding player at Dortmund. In my opinion he and Reus were very important last year, but because Reus was injured, Miki was the main man last year.
Aubameyang is also a good player, but he is not the type of player, who can create chances on his own, he needs these servant such as Miki or Dembele now.
I think Aubameyang is replaceable in Dortmund's system and you can trust me, I 've watched every Dortmund game in the last 3-4 years.

Tuchel wanted to buy Bellarabi as a replacement for Miki, because "he has the same physical power to play nearly every game" (Tuchel's statement when he was asked about Bellarabi).
But Leverkusen die not want to sell him, so they bought Schurrle instead of him, neither Dembele nor Pulisic are the replacements of Miki.
I think Miki was the most loved player of Tuchel, because he talked about Miki and his great attitude towards training, players and the staff, all the time, and I think that Miki's move to United was very hard for him, because Miki was the main player of Tuchel's system and was able to play many positions.

Neither Hummels nor Gundogan were as important as Miki, last year, I think Tuchel was at some stages very unhappy with Hummels' performances and so it can imagine that he was even happy when Hummels left Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's even the point of that discussion? I don't think anyone can seriously doubt that Mkhitaryan was extremely important for Dortmund last season. The fact that Dembele turned out to be a more than adequate replacement for him doesn't change that.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Nothing coming off for him yet again.

3KDré

He might be doing badly but he always creates something, he just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.