6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

If he was in bad form he should be dropped just like anyone else. Not that difficult to fathom.
Like Ibrahimovic and Pogba, with Mkhitaryan you should play him through his poor form like Mourinho currently is doing. This is because even when he plays poorly he creates a good chance, just like Pogba and Ibrahimovic. He also still works hard, so his alternative probably wouldn't do that much better in the same scenario. Especially right now given that Martial is out of form (and unlike Mkhi, Zlatan and Pogba doesn't create chances every match even when they play bad) and Mata is still recovering. Not that difficult to fathom.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Someone with his ability should be influencing games much more than he does. Barely even notice he plays most of the time.
I've said exactly this so many times, especially since Ibra and Mata got injured.
People need to remember that this guy was brought in, in his prime. Like Ibra, he was bought to give instant impact. He was not brought in to develop over 3-4 years, like perhaps Martial and Shaw were.
When he plays with 2 youngsters like Martial and Rashford, he should be pulling the strings and running our attack....letting Martial and Rashford do the donkey work, while, he grabs the glory.
Basically, even though he is in his prime, he is not a leader. As such he needs a leader in attack, to run the show, while he works around that player.
I think Miki can be a good squad player, but definitely should not be a regular starter for us, when all our attackers are fit.
Bear in mind that next season, we may play 50-60 games, so Miki (even as a squad player), would get significant game time.

Nanotron

Like Ibrahimovic and Pogba, with Mkhitaryan you should play him through his poor form like Mourinho currently is doing. This is because even when he plays poorly he creates a good chance, just like Pogba and Ibrahimovic. He also still works hard, so his alternative probably wouldn't do that much better in the same scenario. Especially right now given that Martial is out of form (and unlike Mkhi, Zlatan and Pogba doesn't create chances every match even when they play bad) and Mata is still recovering. Not that difficult to fathom.
All within context. All things being equal drop them. Sometimes your forced into doing otherwise. Playing through bad form is a myth imo. How can playing shite make you play better? Could be wrong though, just my opinion.

One exception that we see often though, is a striker just not finding the net but doing every thing else right, that is a scenario for keeping playing them.

edcunited1878

He doesn't look happy when he's playing recently or expressing his football if that makes sense. He started on the left and switched to the right today. He doesn't have as much space or cohesiveness compared to Dortmund team, which negates his big strengths, but would rather have him on the pitch because he has moments of magic in his boots, which is sorely lacking for United.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Poor performance, capable of much more of course. He's also better when there is a solid point of attack in front of him.

What I'm thinking more and more is that he goes down too easily. That and trying to dribble through 2-3 players.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He needs to perform better.

But I think its worth remembering that he is in a new team and country and might take some time to adjust. Evra and Vidic struggled too at the start.

He has a lot of talent and I hope it will come off for him next season.

minoo-utd

Looks lazy to me and slow also his work rate is very questionable! Worst Mou signing for us so far? Maybe yes.

Zii

For every perfect through ball (that one to Rashford) he has 15 other passes over hit and under hit or just plain inaccurate, seems weak and generally inconsistent. Not something I expected from a player in his prime. Kind of dissapointing at the moment.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was underwhelming but the kneejerking in here is pretty stupid.
So much!

This lad was the best player ever a few months ago, should have been played from the start, would have saved our season etc etc... it's his first season and it's been very mixed. He quite clearly has a lot of ability. Hopefully it all starts coming together for him here next year.

Stadjer

He was bad tonight.. like he has been for a while now. He didnt even get his EL goal tonight. Hopefully he is saving it up for the final.

It is just his first season at United. His first season in Germany wasnt great either but i am disappointed in him for this season. I did expect more from him.

No reason to sell him though, he deserves another year and will hopefully show why he was considered the best player in Germany last season.

sashiko

Has the look of a player who wants away. Watched him score recently and he didn't even celebrate, looked depressed and didn't want to know his team mates. At the moment he seems like yet another waste of money and if he is pissed off then maybe he should .... ...
He doesn't want to know his team mates? Funny. Not vise versa?
I would exercise to go a next step and think why he is continiously not happy. We are grown up here and instead of writing 2 milion times that this is his 1st season we could try to do some effort ))

cheeky_backheel

He will be much better next season after he has settled into the new league, new system, new coach and new team mates. Most importantly he will have better players around him next season.

Web of Bissaka

My most favourite player from the current squad :annoyed: definitely elite class but is so frustratingly very inconsistent.

Won't defend him too much, but it's true that not a lot of our players seem to "get" him except Mata.

Mkhi's creativity, movement and passing can be confusing to many.

Just Mata so far that can be on the same wavelength with him.

I guess the team needs more time to improve the chemistry-understanding with him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Past few games he has looked sluggish and uninterested. He seems half assed in his dribbles and his passes are lacking convinction. Maybe that's what Mourinho saw in him early in the season and it's creeping back now

Roosney

Tbh I didn't notice Mkhi was on the pitch last night at all, thought it was Minnie
Now laugh

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I would like to apologize to Kagawa as I called Mkhi the Armenian Kagawa in the summer. He is worse than him.

If you are reading this Kag, please accept my apologies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Inconsistent but he's had a respectable first season. He's had moments where he's had the fans off their seats at times.

His stats are decent, let's see if he can turn out his best a bit more often next year.

Robbie Boy

He was poor enough last night but 10 goals and 5 assists in what has been an up-and-down debut season isn't bad by any means.

Fracture90

Can never get my head around the fact that a player with such sublime control and passing ability with both of his feet can in same time have finishing so appalling.

shield

Decent game. Things will click for him soon.

The situation is a bit tricky with him. Get the feeling that if he has more competent attacking players around him, like Mata, then he will shine. But then Lingard seems to do more than him, so if anyone should get the benefit of being in a better attack, it should be Lingard. But then again, I feel that Lingard, in any sort of attack will still be the same, but Mkhi might get it together and take our attack to another level.

Would like us to persist with him instead of benching him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So much!

This lad was the best player ever a few months ago, should have been played from the start, would have saved our season etc etc... it's his first season and it's been very mixed. He quite clearly has a lot of ability. Hopefully it all starts coming together for him here next year.
When you sign for MUFC, in your prime, you don't get 1 season to faff around.
He is now at his very peak and he should have made immediate impact. I think h e'll be a good squad player for us, but he is not a good option to rely on, as a first team player.
I expect him to continue to blow hot and cold next season, too and if I am wrong, I implore someone to point this out to me at the end of next season. I'd happily eat my words.

Dave46

When you sign for MUFC, in your prime, you don't get 1 season to faff around.
He is now at his very peak and he should have made immediate impact. I think h e'll be a good squad player for us, but he is not a good option to rely on, as a first team player.
I expect him to continue to blow hot and cold next season, too and if I am wrong, I implore someone to point this out to me at the end of next season. I'd happily eat my words.
You have looked at your crystal ball already. Ok, come back here at the end of the next season.

wc18

Something about this guy just drives me crazy. He doesn't take control of a game and really impose himself.
Pretty underwhelmed with what i have seen from him this year

arthurka

He has been hit and miss.. But what pisses me off is his vanishing when things don't pan out for him. But it's his first season so give him the second to show us..

Pscholes18

Can't believe how much shit this guy gets from the lot of you on here...first season with the club and premiership.....feck off the lot of you. He's had a bad run but will come good. Needs better players around him instead of the static shit he plays with week in week out.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Can't believe how much shit this guy gets from the lot of you on here...first season with the club and premiership.....feck off the lot of you. He's had a bad run but will come good. Needs better players around him instead of the static shit he plays with week in week out.
This standard template of "will be better in their second season in a new league" doesn't apply to everybody. If it did, players like Mangala for City or Depay for United, for example, would have done better in their second seasons. It is applicable to players who display their talent and show signs of growing into the league as the season progresses. Take for example Pogba, who hasn't had the best of seasons with us, but it is evident that the guy will be better because his performances show that he is adjusting to the new league and position. There is progression in his game which suggests that he'll better next season, not because of some magical rule that everyone gets better in their second season.

He has not had a bad run, he has a bad season with a few decent performances thrown in the middle. The guy has jelly legs, cannot hold on to ball and falls down at every opportunity, is an erratic passer & is atrocious in front of the goal. I have not seen anything to suggest that he'll magically transform himself into a world beater next season.

I hate it when you are not allowed to criticize a player and they get a pass simply because "it's their first season". It's always these "will be better in the second season" players who need better players to perform better. I say, feck the lot of you, the ones with this logic.

el3mel

He'll come good but he needs to spend some time in summer at the gym to be able to hold up the ball for some time before falling quickly on the slightest pressure. His control of the ball and holding it is atrocious regarding a number 10 player and he isn't young to put an excuse of it. He need to train his muscles a bit to improve it.

His finishing hasn't been bad overall this season , his through balls and dribbling were great at some time but faded completely now it's strange, as if he's regressing as the season goes on, not the opposite.

I'll wait for the next season to see how he'll train himself in summer to cope with EPL and see what happens. I still have big hopes from him.

Womp

idiot
This standard template of "will be better in their second season in a new league" doesn't apply to everybody. If it did, players like Mangala for City or Depay for United, for example, would have done better in their second seasons. It is applicable to players who display their talent and show signs of growing into the league as the season progresses. Take for example Pogba, who hasn't had the best of seasons with us, but it is evident that the guy will be better because his performances show that he is adjusting to the new league and position. There is progression in his game which suggests that he'll better next season, not because of some magical rule that everyone gets better in their second season.

He has not had a bad run, he has a bad season with a few decent performances thrown in the middle. The guy has jelly legs, cannot hold on to ball and falls down at every opportunity, is an erratic passer & is atrocious in front of the goal. I have not seen anything to suggest that he'll magically transform himself into a world beater next season.

I hate it when you are not allowed to criticize a player and they get a pass simply because "it's their first season". It's always these "will be better in the second season" players who need better players to perform better. I say, feck the lot of you, the ones with this logic.
It doesn't apply to Mkhitryan, he's a player in his peak, he was bought in to instantly make an impact. It's just an excuse for him having an underwhelming season.

3KDré

My word we've been set up to defend. He's done that. Mata hasn't been offensively all that either, because of the way we are playing.

dichinero

Fella needs to be unleashed. We didn't buy him as a defensive option, did we?

Status
Not open for further replies.