6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

Meh. He was playing especially poorly. It doesn't make people posting about that in the wrong.

Really glad he got a goal though. Think it'll do his confidence well.
oh i agree he was poor. more the 'take him off' comments that look silly.

but i was more just talking about the tonal shift, i was scrolling down just waiting for when the mood swung 180

el3mel

Terrible performance but goal made it for him.

But FFS Mikhi please learn how to control the ball under pressure. He loses it 10000 of times every match.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He was dogshit in the first half, he scored the goal, fair play, but his first half was still shambolic. He looked better in the second, tracking back much better and not losing the ball so often.
I agree with this.

My heart was in my mouth when he handled that ball in the second half. I though this ref was sending him off.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He really lacks sharpness on the ball sometimes. I kinda hope he is carrying an injury or something cos if that's him normally it really isn't good enough. We can't play him wide like that in any case.

AXVnee7

He didn't play very well tonight, and definitely struggles on the wing compared to as a no.10. But he scored an absolute peach of a goal so all is forgiven! This guy has been the driving force for us in the Europa and hopefully next season he can start in the first XI week in week out and gel with our strike-force.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
oh i agree he was poor. more the 'take him off' comments that look silly.

but i was more just talking about the tonal shift, i was scrolling down just waiting for when the mood swung 180
I think you'll find that the majority of people wanted him taken off because he was on a yellow.

His play was garbage in the first half, but he's the kind of player that can all of a sudden create a magic moment out of nothing.

He will need to improve massively if he wants to be a regular next season.

stepic

I think you'll find that the majority of people wanted him taken off because he was on a yellow.
don't see the relevance, given he didn't get a second yellow, and scored the goal.

its okay for posters to take the risk averse approach, and be wrong because of it. that's why we're not actual managers. see also the de sea / romero thread

Acole9

Outstanding
He's very inconsistent at times but he scored a crucial goal for us which gave us some breathing space.

Dave46

In the other forum, I kept saying to give Miki another 20-25 minutes in the second half. He may create a goal or something, while almost everyone wanted him out after the first half. It paid off. He can have an average or below average game for 60 minutes and score a goal or do an assist. And I believe he would have scored on Lingard's chance at the end. He would have taken the shot earlier. In any case, the objective was met for the team.

Dave this is the problem. He is a better player than he is showing...but nearly every tackle, pass...takeon has been a turn over for him. He has been beyond awful tonight. I wanted to see players fight, not shirk tonight. He looks like he is mentally defeated...he needs to FIGHT.

Well, he picked up an yellow, maybe he is being careful. I would give him another 20 -25 minutes, maybe he can create a goal or something, If not, bring Martial and Lingard for Miki and Mata.

Sylar

The posts after the threadmark for this last game were beautiful to see :lol:

Hes good in front of goal most of the time. His goal today was great stuff and pretty much killed the game (and any nerves anybody might have had). Great timing.

Inter Yer Nan

Judge him on next season. There's bits of brilliance here and there and big moments in crucial moments but been underwhelming in a lot of games. His talent is there and it's natural that his first season wasn't the best of him. I'm pretty pleased with him and expect him to be very important next season.

Donsangre

I agree with this.

My heart was in my mouth when he handled that ball in the second half. I though this ref was sending him off.
Tbf his hand was attached to his body and that shouldnve been a foul. U cant cut your hand off at moments like this

criticalanalysis

You know he didn't though right?
Technically Pogba did. Although Micky's goal is more significant as that's the one that eased all my nerves!
You've just seed of doubted me on this and after a Google (for 2 mins) from what I can see, I can't really find a definitive answer.

I always assumed it was the last goal. So in a 2-1 scenario, it would be the 2nd goal obviously imo but I guess in a 2-0 it's less clear cut. However, given the context, I would consider Miki's goal as the winning one for my selfish purposes.

Don't take this from me guise!

Last edited:

Icemav

Goal aside he was dreadful. Particularly his defending. Ran around like a headless chicken. Bit worrying. What is it with Dortmund players?

AXVnee7

You've just seed of doubted me on this and after a Google (for 2 mins) from what I can see, I can't really find a definitive answer.

I always assumed it was the last goal. So in a 2-1 scenario, it would be the 2nd goal obviously imo but I guess in a 2-0 it's less clear cut. However, given the context, I would consider Miki's goal as the winning one for my selfish purposes.

Don't take this from me guise!
Surely the winner would the goal that decides the result? IE Pogba's goal, if we didn't score after would still be enough for a victory provided Ajax didn't respond (which obviously they didn't). Let's say we conceded despite being 2-0 up, then I'd consider Micky's goal to have been the winner. Hope that makes sense, kind of? That's my logic anyway

Nakhon Phanom

Agreeing with what most people say......first half he was very poor,second half a bit better.
But that lovely goal should make people forgive him on what was a special night.

He was fine except for struggling with the early press. He was running in too fast and making it far too easy for the opposing player to take it past him to either side. He needs to learn to check his run or turn quicker.

He seems to struggle when he has to hold on to the ball for more than two or three touches. He wants to get the ball away on his first or second touch but theres never enough movement around him. Still, scoring in a European final makes up for everything.

RAVred

Agreeing with what most people say......first half he was very poor,second half a bit better.
But that lovely goal should make people forgive him on what was a special night.
Exactly :)

People can forgive Zlatan for being poor in many games throughout the season, in terms of losing the ball, missing chances, etc. But we still adore him for the goals he still provided. Should be similar for Mkhitaryan this season in Europe.

NExt season he definitely needs to step it up or I can easily see him getting replaced.

Reactions: SteveJ

Icemav

He was fine except for struggling with the early press. He was running in too fast and making it far too easy for the opposing player to take it past him to either side. He needs to learn to check his run or turn quicker.

He seems to struggle when he has to hold on to the ball for more than two or three touches. He wants to get the ball away on his first or second touch but theres never enough movement around him. Still, scoring in a European final makes up for everything.
Amazing that we are saying this about a 28 yo.

Talented but a very odd player.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He doesn't really do enough. I thought he was a very odd signing on the summer and he hasn't really done anything to dispel that. If we get Griezmann in I don't see what he offers going forward. All of Mata, Martial and Griezmann are better for me and should be starting ahead of him.

red4ever 79

Good goal, average performance. I dont think we need both him and Mata in the same team, and I think if either of them play, they should play in the number 10 role. Should have been booked much earlier in the game

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Obviously hes got the talent. Im pretty sure hell do better in his second season for us

The thing is, his first touch, he is always looking to beat his man with it, but in the PL or any team that double marks you and close your spaces, even dribble masters like Hazard sometimes need a short first contact with the ball and release it fast, even if it is backwards, so you dont get dispossesed. No but Mikey even whn he is facing backwards he tries to turn everytime with his first touch.

Well, i dunno if you can teach decision making at 28 yo. But i know he can do better from his Dortmund days

Web of Bissaka

Defensively I'm on the edge of my seat with him making all those mistakes.

Overall bad performance today.

:drool:Great acrobatic beautiful killing goal though.

He may miss a lot, yet expect many beautiful goals from him.

Dave46

He doesn't really do enough. I thought he was a very odd signing on the summer and he hasn't really done anything to dispel that. If we get Griezmann in I don't see what he offers going forward. All of Mata, Martial and Griezmann are better for me and should be starting ahead of him.
We know your take on him. He will play along Griezman.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Decent first season, he has much more to offer though. Expecting more next year, from him and basically all our attacking players.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Obviously hes got the talent. Im pretty sure hell do better in his second season for us

The thing is, his first touch, he is always looking to beat his man with it, but in the PL or any team that double marks you and close your spaces, even dribble masters like Hazard sometimes need a short first contact with the ball and release it fast, even if it is backwards, so you dont get dispossesed. No but Mikey even whn he is facing backwards he tries to turn everytime with his first touch.

Well, i dunno if you can teach decision making at 28 yo. But i know he can do better from his Dortmund days
Yesh, this is his style and very high risk/reward. When he pulls it off he can suddenly bypass an entire line of defense, which is brilliant, but he also tends to run into quite a bit of trouble when doing this, especially if they have safety behind the first defender.

jesperjaap

I thought he was a much better player when we bought him. Hope he kicks on next season
Think that is the general consensus on him. I can remember him at Shaktar and thought he was good then. I also remember a few German fans saying he was fantastic last year but very average preceeding that season.

You can see the obvious talent there, his turns, awareness of what is around him, pace, dribbling, it is all there. Hopefully this was just a poor first season as he didnt start for a fair while but for every great goal and patch of brilliance he has shown he must have lost the ball ten times more this year. Hope there is a lot more to come from him next year. If we can get Martial to progress from the player we saw in his first season rather than the one who looked troubled all last year and get Mkhitaryan firing consistently along with Rashford second half of the season form, we really dont have to fear about our front line as much as people seem to be regarding signings. Actually bar DeGea and Bailly this could be aimed at quite a few of our talented players Pogba, Herrera, Shaw, Miki, Martial even Darmian....are all players good enough that need to show it more consistantly next season. Herrera won our player of the year but even he for me was only consistantly at his best for two periods of 6-7 games. Hopefully added signings will boost both competition and quality within the first eleven that others are able to perform consistently too.

Robertd0803

Thought he was very good until he got booked then terrible and wanted to take him off at half time. Luckily Im not in charge of Manchester United :):)

Lovely goal, did he end up as top scorer in Europa League?

Status
Not open for further replies.