Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think it's fair to say both players will perform for their clubs respectively. Sanchez, as he's proven in the past is more likely to be a bigger hit at United. That much is obvious.

However as an Arsenal fan, i'm giddy. We've had months of dark clouds circling over the club, apart from Wenger the Sunshine is starting to peep through the holes. Ask any Arsenal or neutral fan - Mkhitaryan's home debut for Arsenal was one of the best I've ever seen (at Arsenal). He was 10/10. Faultless, attack and in defence. A you're aware he is capable of such performances, if he can get some consistency or not remains to be seen - another point as he hasn't proven it like Sanchez has.

But the key fundamental differences of the players is that Sanchez is more of an individualist, if the team is playing crap he can produce that moment. Mkhitaryan seems to excel when the team is functioning properly. Again I think Arsenal is more suited to his play style as Rooney correctly pointed out.
His first assist was pure luck. Should have been cleared. His second assist was offside.

Nucks

RT History Department
Probably not the best place to ask, but did United fans here kept telling themselves that it was good getting rid of Ronaldo because he kept ball hogging?
The way Arsenal fans talk about Sanchez and now Mhikitaryan is quite funny.
I did.

I actually posted before we sold him, that I thought we'd be a more dangerous team without him, because we'd be less predictable, less one dimensional, and allow our other star players to step forward into the light more.

Ironically enough I was right. We scored almost 20 more goals the season after Ronaldo left. That can be the issue when you have an absolute superstar on your team. They are so good, that you have to rely on them, but at the same time, if the opposition can shut them down, or mostly shut them down, those other guys who should be scoring might just defer to the super star. It's true we won less without him the following season, but we were more dangerous in attack and scored significantly more goals.

OneUnited24

Still can’t believe we got Sánchez and £30m for him
See guys we can make up numbers too!

Kapardin

Obviously, he will look good when the team is playing well, but he won't win them games like these solo which is the hallmark of a truly quality player.

Sanchez on the other hand, will drag us to wins even in games where we play badly.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You seen the quotes from him today? Sums him up.

marktan

One rubbish pass but otherwise had a couple of good moments where he drove the ball forward well. The weaker link imo at the moment is Ozil, who's been practically invisible. They should bring Iwobi on.

marktan

Obviously, he will look good when the team is playing well, but he won't win them games like these solo which is the hallmark of a truly quality player.

Sanchez on the other hand, will drag us to wins even in games where we play badly.
Yep, like the match we lost last week against the same team Arsenal are facing.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Basically I need a friendly grandmother, not a General leading us over the top.
He didn't say that, he's just explaining the difference. Ancelotti for example is more similar to Wenger in his approach, a lot more friendlier etc. but still a top manager. All he's doing is explaining their different styles.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund

He did salvage the 2-0 loss alright :rolleyes:

OneUnited24

Obviously, he will look good when the team is playing well
I think Arsenals style of play will allow him more freedom because he wont be expected to defend and he'll look better for it. But i bet there will be more games than not where he'll disappear like he did for us.
That quote has to be a joke, but its not surprising

AshRK

He does well when the team does well, like winning 2-0 and he will play well in those circumstances but when in pressure he will become average. That first half performance was one of his worst.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He didn't say that, he's just explaining the difference. Ancelotti for example is more similar to Wenger in his approach, a lot more friendlier etc. but still a top manager. All he's doing is explaining their different styles.
I know. I was reading into it through my "he's a soft character" specs.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Was his first game with a new team. Give him time, ffs. He's done it for Arsenal.

Also its' not like he will win all examples you cite. But he certainly won't go into hiding.
And this is Mkhitaryan"s 1000th game?
Let's have some perspective please :boring:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
fecking hell, he is killing every Arsenal move in anyway possible.

Hope he'll come up with one moment of magic to draw this game.

Judas

Open to offers
Textbook performance from him in a big game really. Even the games he will turn up in, I don't think we'll be made to ever regret swapping him for a far better player.

slored1

Absolutely terrible performance. Can't cross with his left and yet he repeatedly does that all the time.