Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

midnightmare

Yes, so bizarre I doubt you could quote 2 posts saying anything remotely like that.

Go on.
Sigh. It’s called exaggeration mate. Done to stress the point. There’s been a bunch of posters that said we were making a mistake selling him. There’s a bunch on here that’s spoken of how he’s looking so much better under an “attacking” manager / manager with a system etc. etc.

My point was that some people will just not accept that he isn’t good enough for us. They have an agenda and it has to be made into Jose’s fault instead...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He is just another De Bruyne and Mo Salah in Mourinho’s book.

A list of talented player that could not do JM philosophy.
Talk about knee-jerk. Wait till he goes into hiding when the going gets tough (i.e, any away match for Arsenal) bet you any amount of money he won't be their saviour.

kps88

Doesn't take much to look good against a side this bad.

el3mel

He is just another De Bruyne and Mo Salah in Mourinho’s book.

A list of talented player that could not do JM philosophy.
The guy is 29 years old. In no way he can be compared to KDB and Salah who were starting their career by this time.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Nah he had his moments. Mid way through last season he was on fire for us. Never sustained that form but it's obvious why - We never played that sort of style that brings the best out of players like him. It has nothing to do with him not trying or something for us. We've struggled to get the most out of players like him for years while they tend to thrive at teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Dortmund, etc. Shit happens. Both him and Sanchez are at clubs that suit them more now and will probably be better for it.
He was piss poor for us for some reason. Made the wrong decisions constantly, simple things like dribbling into several defenders and losing the ball, instead of releasing the ball quick happened way too often, that isn’t an issue with “style”. I rate Mkhi, but he played himself out of the club with poor performances like Evans.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
well that doesn't make any sense
I'm saying Lingard got the place over Mhiki after Jose decided he had, had enough.
Doesn't mean Lingard is the better player. I would rather an inform Mhiki than an inform Lingard. I'm not sad he has gone though I just hope we get another quality attacker in the summer. Lingard isn't good enough to be starting for us if we want to win titles. He is however a very good option to have in the squad

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He did, doesn't mean he is the better player.
Lingard is a better player; unless you are specifically taking the best version of Mkhitaryan and comparing it to the worst version of Lingard.

In the past 2 years Mkhitaryan has stagnated while Lingard has improved in every aspect.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was piss poor for us for some reason. Made the wrong decisions constantly, simple things like dribbling into several defenders and losing the ball, instead of releasing the ball quick happened way too often, that isn’t an issue with “style”. I rate Mkhi, but he played himself out of the club with poor performances like Evans.
He's always been a confidence player. He had a good run once he got back in the team, but you always felt like he was going to be in and out and never really a fixture in the side. He played himself out of the side of course, but I don't think he ever felt fully comfortable in the club as it was obvious he was never really suited to us. Once he lost his confidence for a second time, don't think he was ever going to fully recover as he just doesn't seem the type who can handle that. Loads of talent, but always been a bit too weak mentally for Mourinho's liking IMO. At Arsenal I think he'll just feel more comfortable throughout and he'll pretty much always play. Also has a previously great understanding with their now star striker. So conditions are much better there for him to go in and play well consistently.

mynamejeff

I'm saying Lingard got the place over Mhiki after Jose decided he had, had enough.
Doesn't mean Lingard is the better player. I would rather an inform Mhiki than an inform Lingard. I'm not sad he has gone though I just hope we get another quality attacker in the summer. Lingard isn't good enough to be starting for us if we want to win titles. He is however a very good option to have in the squad
i would very much argue that. i think our attack is the place where we've got the most quality options. if anything, we need another midfielder and some help in defense.

lingard is quite good, he gets into great spaces in attack and causes a lot of problems when he presses.

izec

Dearie me, this is going to be the new Welbeck thread isn't it?
He is better than Welbz though. Dont think it will, mainly cause Mkhi is not a Mourinho player. He would always play better at Arsenal realistically, but it wont stop people moaning about not getting the best out of him

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You do realise we’ve scored more goals than Arsenal this season?
Yes, I do. Well, as of now, they are behind us by 1 goal. Not enough to negate my viewpoint.

Still doesn't negate the fact that they DO have a cohesive attacking system on full song. More cohesive than ours, that places more emphasis on our attackers to create out of nothing with minimal support (cf how useless we looked against Tottenham). Doesn't make Mhki blameless for his struggles with us this season, but provides more context than saying he's "lacking mentally", or the latest quip from Armchair Psychology Weekly.

What the hell is so controversial about this?

Djemba-Djemba

Yes, I do.

Still doesn't negate the fact that they DO have a cohesive attacking system on full song. More cohesive than ours, that places more emphasis on our attackers to create out of nothing with minimal support (cf how useless we looked against Tottenham). Doesn't make Mhki blameless for his struggles with us this season, but provides more context than saying he's "lacking mentally", or the latest quip from Armchair Psychology Weekly.

What the hell is so controversial about this?
How often are Arsenal on "full song" though?

It's been very rare this season that's for sure.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How often are Arsenal on "full song" though?

It's been very rare this season that's for sure.
Attacking? Often. For all their criticism, they're a very good side attacking wise. Their struggles have been at the other end. Hence everyone saying that Pierre and Mhki doesn't solve any of their critical problems (apart from replacing Sanchez).

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Micky was always a good player, he just didn't fit in Manchester United's system.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Their next game is Spurs away which will no doubt turn his form to terrible for few months after.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He's always been a confidence player. He had a good run once he got back in the team, but you always felt like he was going to be in and out and never really a fixture in the side. He played himself out of the side of course, but I don't think he ever felt fully comfortable in the club as it was obvious he was never really suited to us. Once he lost his confidence for a second time, don't think he was ever going to fully recover as he just doesn't seem the type who can handle that. Loads of talent, but always been a bit too weak mentally for Mourinho's liking IMO. At Arsenal I think he'll just feel more comfortable throughout and he'll pretty much always play. Also has a previously great understanding with their now star striker. So conditions are much better there for him to go in and play well consistently.
Yeah, i agree with a lot of that. The style of play excuse just triggered me a bit. He had plenty of chances to be a baller for us, but he bottled it, more often than not because of wrong decision making.

Cassidy

i would very much argue that. i think our attack is the place where we've got the most quality options. if anything, we need another midfielder and some help in defense.

lingard is quite good, he gets into great spaces in attack and causes a lot of problems when he presses.
Yes but we're against a side which doesn't have quite good anywhere in their attack. Its either good or top quality. Same with our UCL opponents. I like Lingard I think he offers alot. Starting 11, I think we need to raise that standard.

Cassidy

Pretty much, best for him and the club that he was moved on and we got Sanchez. Best for all parties involved.

Donsangre

Mkhitaryan 'performing' because he got an assist...so basically like his whole time at United. Not in the game until he gets a goal or assist to make him a good player on Whoscored.
Dude, he is playing great. Passing, recovering, defending, assisting and shooting.

Djemba-Djemba

Attacking? Often. For all their criticism, they're a very good side attacking wise. Their struggles have been at the other end. Hence everyone saying that Pierre and Mhki doesn't solve any of their critical problems (apart from replacing Sanchez).
Not even attacking wise though this season.

They've been very slick going forward in the big games but in a lot of games this season they've been very disjointed.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There's another assist... Arsefam TV will be insufferable.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Seeing how well he played for us at the beginning of the season, it is not surprising that he is capable of such a performance. If Mourinho had man managed him better, he would have been top of the league with assists at United. I would definitely rather we kept a motivated Mhkitaryan than Mata. But considering his decline in performance and lack of motivation, I would guess keeping Mata was the better move under Mourinho.

Kapardin

Dude, he is playing great. Passing, recovering, defending, assisting and shooting.
Yes, in one game when there is no pressure. Mkhi is a good player and we all knew it. He just is not cut out for the very top level due to his mentality.

So what's the matter? We exchanged a good player (Mkhi) for a great player (Alexis). Both same age, and the gulf in quality is large. Sanchez has the mentality to win us games solo, which Mkhi will never do as he can only look good when his team is playing pretty as well.

If we didn't sell Mkhi, we wouldn't have gotten Alexis. Does anyone regret the swap?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
3 assists is a pretty strong start.
But it was the right choice to ship him out for a better player.

Mister_Stubbs

Another Mhki assist.. who the feck cares? Sanchez scored today don’t people know? That’s worth more.