Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

NinjaFletch

I don't think I've seen a player (even late career Rooney) veer so wildly from decent to shit on a minute by minute basis.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's an anomaly; does something amazing followed by something you'd expect from your 40 year old uncle having a kick about.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Thought he was good considering he was playing away at Stamford Bridge. It is to be expected attacking players won't be doing it for 90 minutes in games like that. Still scored and assisted. Can't ask for much more really

PepsiCola

Sanchez' contribution to the game at the Etihad is better than Mkhi's whole Arsenal career combined. There is not a chance that Mkhi would ever contribute like that in such a game. That's the difference.
But he had a poor first half in that match so he didn't have a good game, despite his two assists.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Looked way better in the hole than Ozil lately. Love his work ethic and ability to drive with the ball with aggression. Thanks for this amazing player <3

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Amazing player :lol:

Oh and good job for posting that in two separate threads just to increase the likelihood of getting the reaction you were hoping for

Amazing player :lol:

Oh and good job for posting that in two separate threads just to increase the likelihood of getting the reaction you were hoping for
He is amazing in a 5-1 win against Fulham. I congratulate him. However, when the going get tough the Mkhitaryan goes back into his shell. Perfect/ typical player for Arsenal under Wenger.

I know he’s on the wind up/ trolling.

I’m certainty glad he’s not another weak minded player we have to deal with anymore. We have enough problems.

AshRK

He is far from amazing. Maybe at arsenal the level of expectation is much low that they call every average to good player amazing.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
It was a response to my similar comments made in another thread. Realised there was a thread for him so bumped it.

He's been playing well for us when called upon.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was a response to my similar comments made in another thread. Realised there was a thread for him so bumped it.

He's been playing well for us when called upon.
You don't need to be apologetic.

He obviously has weird issues with Arsenal fans which is fine but a tad strange in this case.

marktan

I still like Mikhi, he was dreadful in that first half of the second season with us, but he was pretty good for us in his first season when we won the EL.

I'm not particularly sad that he's gone though. We still have too many decent but not particularly great wide players.

amolbhatia50k

Truth is Mkhitarian isn't player we needed for a club of our ambitions. As bad as Sanchez has been I still wouldn't take Mkhitarian back. Not good enough.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Truth is Mkhitarian isn't player we needed for a club of our ambitions. As bad as Sanchez has been I still wouldn't take Mkhitarian back. Not good enough.
I think he offers more than someone like Mata, Martial or Rashford (at this stage for the younger two at least, but that should change eventually) - but he's no world beater, just a good versatile squad option to have.

I think Emery will get more out of him than JM would have though.

amolbhatia50k

I think he offers more than someone like Mata, Martial or Rashford (at this stage for the younger two at least, but that should change eventually) - but he's no world beater, just a good versatile squad option to have.

Martial anyday over Mkhitarian for me.

I understand the case made for Mkhitarian over the other two but I was speaking more from a sense of how he fit into our and Jose's system. I mean, I can't stress enough how rubbish he was for us in the latter phase of his United career. Just hopeless. He needs teams like Dortmund and Arsenal.

amolbhatia50k

What's the difference between banter and being a WUM because the latter isn't allowed on here
A WUM implies that the person is genuinely winding up posters here (especially United fans). Can't see how that comment about bloody Mkhitarian would wind up anyone.

A mod can explain the actual difference I suppose.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He doesn't offer anything more than Martial. we have seen him play week in week out for this team, he was awful. Remember so many posters calling him a coward for his hiding performance against Chelsea.

Glad we got rid of him, even though Sanchez has been a disappointment.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Martial anyday over Mkhitarian for me.

I understand the case made for Mkhitarian over the other two but I was speaking more from a sense of how he fit into our and Jose's system. I mean, I can't stress enough how rubbish he was for us in the latter phase of his United career. Just hopeless. He needs teams like Dortmund and Arsenal.
Yeah I'd take Martial too for sure, I'm just talking about what they offer at the moment. But that's down to their respective forms currently, as Martial has world class potential if he can put it together.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He doesn't offer anything more than Martial. we have seen him play week in week out for this team, he was awful. Remember so many posters calling him a coward for his hiding performance against Chelsea.

Glad we got rid of him, even though Sanchez has been a disappointment.
I meant just at the moment, not in the long run.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I've yet to see Mkhitaryan reach the level he had in the Europa League. Him and Zlatan carried us to the trophy. He has been very ordinary for Arsenal, similar to what he was for us just before he left.

Has a good game every now and then against fodder, might as well not exist against big teams.

This idea that he was being held back by other factors just doesn't hold water, he's just a decent player.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I've seen some Armenia games because they often have the early kickoff when no one else is playing. If you had no idea who their star player was you'd be forgiven if you still had no clue after watching them a couple of times. It seems like he's always going through the motions rather than wearing his heart on his sleeves. Very limited footballer.

AshRK

I know Sanchez has been crap but having seen mkhi play for us, I would still have this Sanchez than have mkhi.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I've seen some Armenia games because they often have the early kickoff when no one else is playing. If you had no idea who their star player was you'd be forgiven if you still had no clue after watching them a couple of times. It seems like he's always going through the motions rather than wearing his heart on his sleeves. Very limited footballer.
He was very good for them earlier in his career. Played well in most of the big qualifying games and Armenia were only 3 or 4 points from grabbing second place in the Euro 2012 and WC 2014 qualifiers. Since then they've got worse and he hasn't done much for the past couple of qualifying cycles. I don't think he handled it too well when the expectation increased around the time of his great Dortmund season.