Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Yes he's having a very bad time but at least he doesn't seem to go in complete hiding. He keeps trying (and failing). We seriously need to go get someone to try and replace him & Welbeck in one go. Not sure it can be done in January though...

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yes he's having a very bad time but at least he doesn't seem to go in complete hiding. He keeps trying (and failing). We seriously need to go get someone to try and replace him & Welbeck in one go. Not sure it can be done in January though...
Wasn't Welbeck playing quite well prior to the injury? I've only seen bits of Arsenal this season, but Welbeck looked decent from the little I had seen.

Skills

Snitch
I still rate him. With his style he's always going to look like a tit when it doesn't come off, but I think he's a valuable player to have in a good system.

Anyways was probably our best player in that Europa League win, so he's added at least some value to the club. More so than many that have passed through, who might have lasted a bit longer. So its hard to feel bitter about him.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He turned out to be a player everyone knew he was and expected him to be. What a surprise. Only our and Arsenal's board couldn't see it for some reason, and of course part of the fans who would sign every player in the world.

Devil81

Mentally weak, in fact, I don't think I can remember a player other than Kleberson who was as mentally weak as Mhki.

Shame really as he's got bags of ability.

Needham

Current state of those two you could do worse than Worzel Gummidge.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't Welbeck playing quite well prior to the injury? I've only seen bits of Arsenal this season, but Welbeck looked decent from the little I had seen.
Yes Welbeck was doing alright before the injury, but even then he needed replacing. Now he's out for the season, out of contract, 28y old.. Anything north of 15M and i'd ship him out and try our luck with someone new.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He turned out to be a player everyone knew he was and expected him to be. What a surprise. Only our and Arsenal's board couldn't see it for some reason, and of course part of the fans who would sign every player in the world.
I remember being one of a very little bunch who were against signing him initially. His outcome here and at Arsenal doesn't surprise me. I'd say 99% were delighted at the signing at the time.

Also, people like to have a go at Ed for not getting José a RW but Mkhi is one. It's not Ed's fault José's a poor judge of talent.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I remember being one of a very little bunch who were against signing him initially. His outcome here and at Arsenal doesn't surprise me. I'd say 99% were delighted at the signing at the time.

Also, people like to have a go at Ed for not getting José a RW but Mkhi is one. It's not Ed's fault José's a poor judge of talent.
I wouldn't say 99%, but at least 80% welcomed him, which was still a surprise for me. I didn't see him a lot, but expected him to fail considering his mentality. I also couldn't understand why would be pay 30-40m euros for questionable player in his last year of contract, but many said Woodward did a great deal for some reason :lol:.

I mean, he couldn't take a pressure in Bundesliga playing for Dortmund, it was obvious he will never work at transition team such as United.

Irwin99

Another weird signing by Jose in hindsight. I know he was brilliant for Dortmund but lacks the physicality you'd usually associate with a Jose attacking midfielder/10

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Another weird signing by Jose in hindsight. I know he was brilliant for Dortmund but lacks the physicality you'd usually associate with a Jose attacking midfielder/10
He had one brilliant season for Dortmund. His last one.

He had a horrible one as well and one meh one. Certainly was a mistake to sign him considering his poor mentality. But I say that with the benefit of hindsight.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He doesn't lack physicality.
He has every tool to be a top player but just isn't. I think he hides when things don't go well.

Bojan11

Seems arsemania has had enough of him too.

Seen a perfect quote from there that sums it up.

The biggest Loss-Loss-Deal in the history of football.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seems arsemania has had enough of him too.

Seen a perfect quote from there that sums it up.
Arsenal certainly would have been better to keep Sanchez and in hindsight I bet he'd of stayed as well had he known how his career was about to leap off of a cliff

izec

Our wage structure would at least still be half in tact if we kept him. Easier to get rid too. Sanchez was just a pain money and football wise.