Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Bojan11

Our wage structure would at least still be half in tact if we kept him. Easier to get rid too. Sanchez was just a pain money and football wise.
To be fair Ramsey wanted similar wages to Mkhitaryan according to reports. I know who’d I would rather have in my team.

snowkarl

He was unbelievably bad today

I think he messed it up literally every time he had the ball. Poor touches, ran into nothing, passed straight to Spurs.

Know he's a confidence player but jeesus - he looks totally finished.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Been taking lessons in desire and effort from Ozil.

Get him outta here.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Everything he touched today went to shit. Was so funny to see.
Yup. In the post apocalyptic hellscape that is life as a Manchester United fan, watching him make a pig’s ear of promising attacking situations is one of the very rare occasions football gives me joy these days.

And yes, that makes me a bad person.

Last edited:

Godfather

Yup. In the post apocalyptic hellscape that is life as a Manchester United fan, watching him make an pig’s ear of promising attacking situations is one of the very rare occasions football gives me joy these days.

And yes, that makes me a bad person.
Ha. Very true though. Guess most of us feel that way.

InfiniteBoredom

I think so, but even then he was on high wages over here.
Well, he had only stunk up the place for 7 months at that point. His first season was decent enough statistically, and he was 2 years younger.

I think we could’ve definitely fetched a decent price for him, 15-17m ish.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Whoever was responsible for bringing him here should have been immediately fired.

His character was seriously questionable during his time at Dortmund, everyone knew that he always crumbled under any sort of pressure even just by watching from TV, many of us raved about it when we were about to sign him, and yet someone decided it was a good idea to pay for that kind of player 30-40 mil, and all that in last year of his contract. I just can't understand how no one from our manager, scouting team, transfers expert team, etc. was aware of that and didn't stop that transfer. It's not like he was that good player to take that risk, he was your average bundesliga one season wonder ffs.

InfiniteBoredom

Whoever was responsible for bringing him here should have been immediately fired.

His character was seriously questionable during his time at Dortmund, everyone knew that he always crumbled under any sort of pressure even just by watching from TV, many of us raved about it when we were about to sign him, and yet someone decided it was a good idea to pay for that kind of player 30-40 mil, and all that in last year of his contract. I just can't understand how no one from our manager, scouting team, transfers expert team, etc. was aware of that and didn't stop that transfer. It's not like he was that good player to take that risk, he was your average bundesliga one season wonder ffs.
Caf was creaming itself over him, let’s not rewrite history here.

I copped like 2 pages of flacks for suggesting that he’s about on the same level as Ashley Young when he was signed. Even after he’s been crap for months in his 2nd season, there were still plenty defending him, blaming it on ‘the system’.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Caf was creaming itself over him, let’s not rewrite history here.
Caf is creaming itself over any transfer, at least good part of the forum. However there are some people who actually watch football and learn thing or two about some players. Many of us here doubted his mentality after watching him just few times in the Champions League. And people in the club are actually paid to watch and learn things about players they are about to pay massive money for, unlike caf members who are mostly binge watching players from higlights, clips, for pure fun.

AJ10

Would have been funnier to see him go to Inter with Sanchez.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The season that got him signed for Dortmund was the best i've seen from any player in the Ukrainian league alongside Shevchenko's last two. That was what got him noticed originally, he looked the most talented of that team with Fernandinho, Willian etc and he did play well for them in the CL, then he had turned his career around with a really good season in Bundesliga after a disastrous second one, add in that he was looking a big game player internationally at the time, carrying a minnow Armenia to within 3 points of play off places twice.

I'm not a big fan of him and there were question marks too that have eventually proven the bigger side of him as a player, but it's just pure revisionism to suggest there was no reason at all scouts couldn't have thought he was worth taking a chance on. It's like saying City scouts should have been fired for buying Fernandinho.

Skills

Snitch

Mourinho.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I never understand why we sold Iwobi and keep Mkhitaryan. I know probably because it is hard to find a buyer for him, but Iwobi is from academy and it means something.

haram

I never understand why we sold Iwobi and keep Mkhitaryan. I know probably because it is hard to find a buyer for him, but Iwobi is from academy and it means something.
Cant you really turn down 40 million for Iwobi in case someone might buy Mkhi?

Moiraine

Thanks to him for That goal against spurs and the one in Europa League final.

Apart from that, he has been shite.

(That scorpion kick was offside).

He should be bashed by the media like Sanchez...