Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

el3mel

What an underwhelming end to probably one of the worst deals in premier league history. Both him and Sanchez ending up as loans in Serie A.

The only winner out of this terrible deal was City who backed off from Sanchez deal at the right time.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
What an underwhelming end to probably one of the worst deals in premier league history. Both him and Sanchez ending up as loans in Serie A.

The only winner out of this terrible deal was City who backed off from Sanchez deal at the right time.
I believe if Sanchez join City the result may be different. Pep seems has a different opinion based on his recent interview on Sanchez.

crossy1686

career ending
Well, another one of our cast off's heading to Italy. Not sure who got the worst deal, us or Arsenal.

Despite everyone in the world pretty much talking about how much of a 'good guy' Mkhitaryan is and how much of a nob Mourinho was, he's been given every chance to make it in England, at two big clubs also, and yet he couldn't even be bothered to put in enough effort to be semi-successful.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Sanchez - Mik trade was worse for Man Utd. Both did nothing but Man Utd paid more for getting nothing. With Sanchez the expectations were higher because he had shown he could play in the PL.

Mik might actually do ok in Italy. He just looked completely off the pace of the game here.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Well, another one of our cast off's heading to Italy. Not sure who got the worst deal, us or Arsenal.

Despite everyone in the world pretty much talking about how much of a 'good guy' Mkhitaryan is and how much of a nob Mourinho was, he's been given every chance to make it in England, at two big clubs also, and yet he couldn't even be bothered to put in enough effort to be semi-successful.

Mou is still a nob for scouting mikhi of all people as our attacking player

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sanchez - Mik trade was worse for Man Utd. Both did nothing but Man Utd paid more for getting nothing. With Sanchez the expectations were higher because he had shown he could play in the PL.

Mik might actually do ok in Italy. He just looked completely off the pace of the game here.
I'd say it's about even, because Arsenal lost their best player while we didn't need Mkhitaryan anyway. Just a terrible deal for everyone.

AlwaysRed66

Just proves he wasn't suitable playing in Premier league, as failure at both us & Arsenal. Rather have kept him than gotten Sanchez though, as he didn't have a destabilizing influence on the club & players likes his successor.

Oxeki

Supports
Arsenal
One of our worst signings.

He's probably much worse than Utd signing Sanchez. At least Utd realised early that Sanchez was a bust. But we still kept on persisting with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welbeckham

I was just delighted when we got rid of him. Never would have guessed that Sanchez would be even more useless.

dev1l

Both Sanchez and Mikhitaryan were top players before they came to us but it didn't work out well for them.
In reality there s an element of uncertainty with every transfer - even those involving the best.
Even under Ferguson, we witnessed the failure of Juan Sebastian Veron - a truly world class player.
That s why splashing the cash not always brings the projected results

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Both Sanchez and Mikhitaryan were top players before they came to us but it didn't work out well for them.
In reality there s an element of uncertainty with every transfer - even those involving the best.
Even under Ferguson, we witnessed the failure of Juan Sebastian Veron - a truly world class player.
Mkhitaryan literally had one good season when you bought him. Before that he was known as a talented nervous wreck at Dortmund, switching from moments of brillance to complete slapstick in a heartbeat. Dortmund was very pissed that he left after the first decent year he had for them after they backed him up all the time. People thought of him as ungrateful because the club supported him when he was questioning himself and the media and fans were all over him.

For people who followed the German league his eventual failure at United wasn't all that surprising. If there's one player I can think of who needs the full and unconditional trust of the coach, it's Mkhitaryan. United on the other hand is a club that is always in the center of media coverage and expects much from it's players. With that in mind, it's no surprise Mkhitaryan and you guys weren't a good fit.

One good season in 7 seasons across Dortmund, Utd and Arsenal.

Seems like a really decent guy, but nowhere near a top quality player. It’s not Utd that’s the problem, it’s the player - the occasional moment of brilliance doesn’t mask the him being average or anonymous in the vast amount of games he plays.

fergiesarmy1

Remember him coming out with some crap after his first couple of arsenal games with snide undertones against united so don’t feel for him one bit. He’s a bit of a soft bottle job.

crossy1686

career ending
Remember him coming out with some crap after his first couple of arsenal games with snide undertones against united so don’t feel for him one bit. He’s a bit of a soft bottle job.
Happy he was finally playing in an 'attacking team' were his quotes. He's a big time bottler who couldn't make it in England because he couldn't be arsed to apply himself. He's got no one to blame but himself.

Mkhitaryan literally had one good season when you bought him. Before that he was known as a talented nervous wreck at Dortmund, switching from moments of brillance to complete slapstick in a heartbeat. Dortmund was very pissed that he left after the first decent year he had for them after they backed him up all the time. People thought of him as ungrateful because the club supported him when he was questioning himself and the media and fans were all over him.

For people who followed the German league his eventual failure at United wasn't all that surprising. If there's one player I can think of who needs the full and unconditional trust of the coach, it's Mkhitaryan. United on the other hand is a club that is always in the center of media coverage and expects much from it's players. With that in mind, it's no surprise Mkhitaryan and you guys weren't a good fit.
I knew he wasn't up to it when I read Tuchel had to give him books to read to help him with his confidence.

Skills

Snitch
That's 3 Mourinho flops fobbed off to Serie A. Our worst manager ever?

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Sanchez last 6 months at arsenal was shot and his pace was gone on those 6 months. He really tried. But people gave him the excuse he didnt want to be there.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
February 2018
Of course sometimes you need some refreshing," Mkhitaryan told ESPN Brasilabout his departure from Manchester after a year and a half at the club.

"And I think this was the best moment for me, because there were a few things that didn't work out in Manchester… Because I was 29 years old, I wanted to play more, because I know that in a few years time I'll be able to end my football career, and it's very important for me to make my name bigger.

"That's why, maybe, it was the best moment, and the best time to change something and to get a new challenge, a new club, and start everything from zero.

September 2019
"I have to enjoy playing football, no matter the place. In England, I no longer felt happy.

"I got a call from my agent and I wanted to come, because it was a great opportunity for me. I didn't even have a discussion with my agent about money.

"Maybe I was not fitting so well in English football, so I think a change was good."

"The last month at Arsenal I was not happy, so that's why I said it was better to come to Roma and to get happy and to get the pleasure from playing football again.

"Now I am in Rome and I focus on them. This is not a step backwards as great football is played here. I wanted to change scenery and for me it is an opportunity to be seized."

izec

He obviously wont say that United and Arsenal ditched him

He was pretty good against Bosnia the other day

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
One of our worst signings.

He's probably much worse than Utd signing Sanchez. At least Utd realised early that Sanchez was a bust. But we still kept on persisting with him.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing is nowhere close to the monumental feck up as sanchez has been for us. He stank up the place, reports of him disrupting the stability of dressing room with his huge pay. Whats more he took major portion if money that could have gone for other signings. The guy even had the nerve to give an interview saying he don't understand why he plays one game then not selected the next game. Still fuming.. How our well paid data analysts and coaches didn't see the signs.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I believe if Sanchez join City the result may be different. Pep seems has a different opinion based on his recent interview on Sanchez.
I don't think it would have been, when a players finished they're finished.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sanchez last 6 months at arsenal was shot and his pace was gone on those 6 months. He really tried. But people gave him the excuse he didnt want to be there.
The comparisons to Torres (and Jose himself if we extend this notion to manager's) are uncanny.

Lost it overnight at the club they made their names at, but everyone assumed circumstances surrounding them were more to blame than the men themselves. With Torres it was the state of Liverpool, Jose it was supposedly not being backed in the market and Sanchez it was because he wanted out.

The general consensus was they would get back to their normal selves with a fresh start, but instead all the "fresh start" served to do is lay the extent of their declines bare for everyone to see.

bucky

“Once Mourinho saw me at breakfast and said to me: ‘Because of you, the press criticises me’. I replied: ‘Really ,mister? I’m not doing it on purpose’.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
It's funny that Mkhitaryan has mentioned this, as I once read a satirical piece concerning Jose stealing Shaw's lunch for several months. Found it

6 goals and 3 assists in 8 starts

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Mental midget playing under a grade A twat. Was only ever going to end in one way.