Herrera and Fellaini

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah, so Carrick is out. I guess this partnership is next in line.

Thoughts?

Brightonian

Kill me.

Pretty sure we'll get someone in. Obviously, as LVG says, he'll want to start looking at our current players first. But I'm fairly sure he already knows he needs a new CM, and after a few days of training he certainly will.

Shark

@NotShark
Kill me.

Pretty sure we'll get someone in. Obviously, as LVG says, he'll want to start looking at our current players first. But I'm fairly sure he already knows he needs a new CM, and after a few days of training he certainly will.
My first thought exactly. :lol:

I'm getting used to use being cursed in midfield now though. Whoever put that curse on us is an evil fecker. Probably Jamie Jackson.

binary bot
Luckily there is a transfer window at the minute.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fellaini won't start in central midfield. More likely we'll play Fletcher there IMO, or even Jones. Fellaini is a target man, not a midfielder.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
I think it would be Clevs to accompany him....shocking, or Fletcher? That CM he was playing in th WC Wijerhelm or something was useless but he constantly played him. Clevs itt would seem or Rooney.

Dylan94

Herrera and Carrick (even if he was fit): no
Herrera and Fellaini: no
Herrera and Cleverly: no
Herrera and Fletcher: no
Herrera and a CM who isn't at the club yet: yes.

Dylan94

Fellaini won't start in central midfield. More likely we'll play Fletcher there IMO, or even Jones. Fellaini is a target man, not a midfielder.
Fellaini is not a Manchester United player full stop. And Herrera and Fletcher? Really? Fletcher's a good squad player to have like Carrick but neither of them should be starters anymore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fellaini is not a Manchester United player full stop. And Herrera and Fletcher? Really? Fletcher's a good squad player to have like Carrick but neither of them should be starters anymore.
I'm saying that if Carrick is injured then either Jones or Fletcher are the next choice for the defensive mid. Who else would? None of them are very good really but we might have to make do.

Bojan11

Jesus Christ, I'd rather put Rooney there.

Herrera - Rooney
Mata

Glanville95

I would rather see Herrera start alongside Cleverley as two exuberant #8's in an unbalanced midfield than see Herrera start alongside a very poor #6 in Fellaini.

NMF

Van Gaal wants intelligence, speed and creativity Fellaini's only skill is chest control.

Dylan94

I'm saying that if Carrick is injured then either Jones or Fletcher are the next choice for the defensive mid. Who else would? None of them are very good really but we might have to make do.
Well yes of course they are. But why in earth would we have to make do? There's still over a month of the transfer window left. We'll be seeing new midfielders come in even if we have to pay over the odds for them. And when Van Gaal said 3/4 weeks for assessment in his conference, I think for some players, he'll only need 1 or 2.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I still think, Fellaini will be one of the first players LvG wants to get rid of. He is just useless in his system and we won't find a place for him. I don't expect him to leave anyway, because we will also struggle to find a club, who pays us a decent fee. But I really can't see him as starter, wouldn't be surprised if he rather prefer Rooney, Jones, Cleverley or a young player^^

Varun

Staff
I dont rate Fellaini as a pure DM so I dont have much faith in that middle 2.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I would rather see Herrera start alongside Cleverley as two exuberant #8's in an unbalanced midfield than see Herrera start alongside a very poor #6 in Fellaini.
I can see this. I can see Van Gaal trying to use Cleverley as he used Classie in the semi final and third placed play off once De Jong got injured again. Herrera will do the Wijlnaldum/De Guzman role and Mata/Rooney/Shinji will do the Sneijder bit.

Devil may care

This would suck ****** balls, we'd be aiming to simply hold our position from last season if this happened, thankfully I am certain it wont.

United22

Anyone and Fellaini is a recipe for disaster. You would need Xavi and Iniesta at their peaks in the team to form some sort of a midfield with him in it

Bwuk

I'd rather Powell than any if Cleverley, Anderson, Flecther or Fellaini.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fellaini, Jones in midfield, Anderson... I'd rather Louie to promote Pearson and show the lad how things work in the first team.

Herrera definitely needs someone more aware in defensive tasks to cover his ass when he's attacking from the depth of formation. So far Fellaini simply can't guarantee that.

didz

"etc, etc, etc, we are the best technically.... what was the question?"

Fahad Jawaid

I actually think Cleverley and Herrera will be a good CM pairing and they will work great together. I think we might see the best of Cleverley and he's one player in this Clear out i don't want to let go and LVG will really like him, he's an ideal player to the style of play he wants to implement along with Herrera that we possess right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If that's the midfield we go into the season with, I wouldn't expect much from Herrera at all. He'll spend half his time picking up the pieces after the microphone headed one's valiant but fruitless effort at a controlled first touch.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Actually they compliment each other

Herrera is good, Fellaini is shit