Herrera confirms his departure

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
All the best lad. You gave your all for the shirt and that’s what matters most.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the only guys who knew what it meant to represent us. Always played for the shirt and showed passion, determination and drive like no other.

Hope he has success wherever he goes.

Robboadam31

If he’s so passionate about United and cares about the club, I don’t understand why he’s leaving for PSG.

I mean, I do, but still.

LoneStar

Good player who gave it his all on the pitch. Can't ask for more than that.

Good luck in his future endeavours!

Snafu17

I like him, we absolutely shouldn't have let him go, I get why he's leaving, I can't blame him, but it makes a lot harder to take his "football belongs to the fans; FA cup is the best competition; small teams need more support" attitude seriously when he's fecking off to PSG of all places.

Either way, we really need his replacement now. No idea who's available that would be better than him and a similar type of player.

siw2007

Sad to see him leave. Has been a fan favourite in his stint here and gave his all on the pitch, really did get the club.

Very good player on his day, but of a dirty sod which wound up the opposition players and fans which was even better!

Best of luck to him in the future.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good luck to him. Will follow the next step in his career with interest. No hard feeling from me. A really good player who was not treat as well as others of less ability.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
One of the only guys who knew what it meant to represent us. Always played for the shirt and showed passion, determination and drive like no other.

Hope he has success wherever he goes.
Agreed wholeheartedly. All the best to Herrera, he showed committment and lots of ability. I can't but cast my mind back to the shambolic early attempts to sign him. Its symptomatic of the shambles at United to see him depart, too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Good luck to him. Will follow the next step in his career with interest. No hard feeling from me. A really good player who was not treat as well as others of less ability.
Still a chance that he joins your club? Bilbao.

IAmAWinner

Can't believe we let him go and offered contract extensions to Young and Jones. Mind boggles.

redshaw

Goodbye Ander, you've been one of our better players.

Unfortunately a contract should've been sorted long ago and Jose left him out so it's come to this. Enjoy your bumper deal in Paris or wherever it is. Wish your family the best.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just a bit shit, isn’t it? People can debate whether he’s good enough, but there’s no debating our best football over the past few years tended to coincide with him in the side.

Contract should have been extended a while ago. But let’s not call out the club for it’s outrageous incompetencies. Plenty other places to do that.

CM

Big loss, the midfield is in desperate need of an overhaul over the summer.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Have fun at the plastic club.
Yes. An amazing city, a pay rise, playing with superstars, constant champions league football, pretty much guaranteed league title — he’ll have fun alright.

He’s made the right call I reckon.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Still a chance that he joins your club? Bilbao.
They have let a few players go. Susueta is going, Mikel Rico, Ander Iturraspe (reported Leeds in for him if they get promoted). So I was living in hope that if he didn't stay here he would go back there. Good luck to him where ever he goes.

Hoof the ball

I mean, 60k might have been too little compared to what Jones and co. are making, but if the reported "close to 200k" is anywhere near correct I can understand why the club would be reticent to acquiesce.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yes. An amazing city, a pay rise, playing with superstars, constant champions league football, pretty much title — he’ll have fun alright.

He’s made the right call I reckon.
Guaranteed league title is why that club and league is a pile of shit.

All the rest you mentioned are great.