Herrera confirms his departure

Keanes Magic Hat

He has been treated ridiculously, he was a huge part of our resurgence under Ole and when he got injured wheels fell off. For a team who wants to counter attack his interception stats are unreal, massive loss.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He was offered a contract and chose not to sign it...

We haven't released him.
I was angry at him at first, I get it. But it was probably out of principle and why would a 30 year old turn down a 4 year contact worth 200k a week? One would have to be completely stupid to do that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Love him and wish him the best but think its better for both parties.
Hope Mata does the same while getting rid of Rojo, Darmian etc.
The downside is we are keeping Young and Jones ffs!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Guaranteed league title is why that club and league is a pile of shit.

All the rest you mentioned are great.
Some players also want to be able to show medals at the end of their career and be set up for life. It looks like he has another baby on the way by the look of the pictures from POTY.

Andersons Dietician

Good luck to him, he’s the kind of character we needed around here and always gave his all. Wish more had a bit more of his attitude on the pitch. He’ll be missed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Love him and wish him the best but think its better for both parties.
Hope Mata does the same while getting rid of Rojo, Darmian etc.
The downside is we are keeping Young and Jones ffs!
You are saying it is better, but we don't know who United will sign. It might only end up better for Ander.

Vernon Philander

We knew this was coming, but still doesn't make me any less annoyed.

More than good enough to be a squad option for next 3 years.

gica_7

Another one for Woodward. It was more important for him to tie down Jones and Smalling, wasn't it?

Can't wait for him to leave.

ship50

One of the only guys who knew what it meant to represent us. Always played for the shirt and showed passion, determination and drive like no other.

Hope he has success wherever he goes.
Totally agree. My best wishes for him.

Litch

Love the line....."even when I couldn't support the club from the grass". True Red and should have finished his career here.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
One of the few decent signings we've made since Fergie left. I wish we weren't run by morons.

Cockney Phil

Can’t say I am happy he’s leaving.

However, if his departure is the beginning of massive changes then in the long term it’s both good for player and club.

If he goes and the likes of Sanchez stays then the club will be ridiculed into relegation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's a bit shit isn't it? The one CM we have who you'd want in your team to win a midfielder battle.

The place is now Fred's.

*Shudders*

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Good luck to him, I can understand why he wants to go.

Whose next from the Spanish collection, Mata then Dave?

If Anders wants out, then surely people like Dave will be considering the same.

United on their 4th rebuild since Fergie left, or they can leave and head off to a warmer climate, guaranteed trophies, and a decent wage.

Havak

Pokemon master
One if the few post-Fergie players I had grown to love. I don't blame him for taking the money at this stage of his career. He brought significantly more to the side than a lot of others who are paid a hell of a lot more. He's always been very black and white IMO, a rarity in this day and age.

Best of luck Ander!

Flying_Heckfish

This is spot on.

Our renewal policy was always going to come back to bite us, especially without certainty of any success in the near future.

Ultimately we need to start cutting back on the high wages for older players, but we shouldn't have allowed it to get to that stage.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Will be a loss based on the current crop of uninspiring pricks we have the pleasure of calling our players.

Ander gave his all.

We are also paying for the astronomical wages doled out for Woodward. Based on Pog, Rom and Alexis wages, considering their lack of effort, Ander was within his right to ask for higher terms and longer length.

Wish him the best.

redshaw

Wonder if he'll be like Tevez, Evra and Blind, winning a title and playing in a CL final or semi-final next year? League title is almost guaranteed.

willhse456

Yeah, player gets offered a contract, asks for silly money, club disagree, player leaves. What a fecking disgrace we are...
Only because we left it until the last year to start negotiations properly. We should have renegotiated with 2 years left, then we wouldn't be in this situation.

buckooo1978

sickening to see given we extended Young, Smalling and Jones

Good Luck Ander!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The ins and outs of this are still coming to light and will continue to do so for some time but at the moment I'm sad to see Ander go and pretty disgusted at the club officials who let it happen. United are in no position to let good players walk out of the door for nothing.

Wallez

Herrera has been a fantastic solider for Manchester United, and I wish him the very best for the next step in his career. I have no problem seeing him sign a 5-year deal with PSG instead of a 1-year deal with us. While I hate to see him leave on a free transfer, I think it is for the best of the club long-term. While Herrera and Mata are solid players with fantastic mentality that we could need in the next few years, giving them lucrative 2-3 year contract extensions is probably not the way to go. I think McTominay is ready to be a solid replacement for Herrera, which means that we could use the increased wage budget to go for a new DM.

spaceboyRSA

Pity. Decent player. And double pity because we have to spend money replacing him when we have other holes to fill.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Our next CM signing is going to have to be an instant hit because we no longer have one single reliable CM at the club.

We need two hard working DCMs at least one of whom can pass through the eye of a needle

crossy1686

career ending
Only because we left it until the last year to start negotiations properly. We should have renegotiated with 2 years left, then we wouldn't be in this situation.
Yeah poor bloke, had to wait until the final 12 months of his current contract before getting a new offer. Fecking monsters we are, don't know how he had the will to carry on under those conditions, fecking abhorrent working conditions.

Meanwhile Sport Direct workers are on 0 hour contracts and scraping by.

DickDastardly

Mixed feelings about this.

He was our little prick, gave it all, every single time.

If it's a grudge, or a beef with someone in the managment, i get it. If it's about getting your paycheck doubled, feck off. He get's plenty.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another reason for a DoF. The club's excuse for not offering him a contract ages ago was that Mourinho wasn't sure he wanted to keep him.
Close this club down and put us out of our misery.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will be a huge loss. We need the qualities he brings both on and off the field.