Herrera confirms his departure

Ekeke

Sorry?

By all accounts Herrera had a contract on the table for over 18 months and chose not to sign it before he tried to hold us ransom for a ridiculous contract for a 30 year old.

He can get fecked for all I care. The bullshit he went on with to try and get fans to lap it up, whiles he gone and signed for the most ridiculous club in world football. He's no different to Tevez and the bullshit he tried to pull at the end when Fergie wouldnt sing him.

He doesn't give a shit about United or anybody else.
Do you know what all accounts mean?

The latest rumour is that we offered him a pay reduction on his 75k a week

Josep Dowling

Notice the similarities with our and Arsenal's board here?. I think they both will prove to be even better players than they were at these clubs when used to their strengths.
Herrera will sit on bench for PSG, just like Ramsey will sit on the bench at Juventus. Both have gone for money, that’s all.

I liked Herrera but he’s a money grabber like anyone else that moves to PSG.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Herrera will sit on bench for PSG, just like Ramsey will sit on the bench at Juventus. Both have gone for money, that’s all.

I liked Herrera but he’s a money grabber like anyone else that moves to PSG.
I expect Herrera will start for PSG. Expecting a decent season too.

Foxbatt

Why is he a money grabber? He is a professional football player and when he is only offered a pay cut at United while PSG was giving him a huge raise why shouldn't he move to PSG, especially when United do not value him?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why is he a money grabber? He is a professional football player and when he is only offered a pay cut at United while PSG was giving him a huge raise why shouldn't he move to PSG, especially when United do not value him?
Of course and fair enough. Just funny that he mention how important certain values and history is but then choses PSG

Foxbatt

Of course and fair enough. Just funny that he mention how important certain values and history is but then choses PSG
He did not chose PSG. United did not want him. Asking a pay cut meant we did not want him.

Irwin99

I still blame it on Jose and the club for not renewing his contract after the 16/17 season when he was comfortably our best player that year. I genuinely wish him good luck at PSG.

Lebowski

The stick Herrera gets for choosing PSG on here is crazy.

I don't know if there were any other teams in for him, or if his options were only between taking a pay cut at United or joining PSG.

But that aside, at PSG he:

- Will play alongside some of the best players in the world and probably the best young prospect in the world
- Will play in one of the best stadiums in the world in front of one of the noisiest and most colourful and dedicated home and away fans in Europe
- Gets to play CL football each season
- Is almost guaranteed to win the league and domestic honours each year
- Is playing for one of the best club sides in the world
- Is playing for one of the two or three sides which will start each season among the favourites to win the CL.

He had a good rapport with match-going United fans but he's not Mancunian and he's approaching thirty. I have no idea why he seems to get so much vitriol for leaving a club in turmoil and joining one of the best club sides in the world. It makes sense even before you consider the rumours about us offering him a paycut, delaying and stalling the negotiations and making him feel undervalued.

arnie_ni

Our 2nd best player in the period since fergie left. Wish him well, would love to see him break into the starting lineup and cement a regular role. Be interesting to see

fps

All told, a decent, fairly forgettable player, during a period when United have drastically underperformed, he at least played with the pride and effort which should be standard.

Foxbatt

He should be linked to our Europa Cup Win. It was his decision to overrule Jose and change the position of the players in the scoring of our second goal. We can say anyone could have done it but only he made the decision.