Higuain to leave Real Madrid

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Apparently....

Higuain to leave Real Madrid

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1432476/higuain-leave-real-madrid?cc=5901

Gonzalo Higuain will leave Real Madrid this summer, the club’s general manager Jose Angel Sanchez has confirmed in L’Equipe.

The article also reports that Higuain’s exit will lead to Benzema continuing with Real.

"In a great club like Real, we believe we need two number nines of a high level," Sanchez said.

"We have Benzema and Higuain. Higuain will leave, Benzema will stay and two others will come."

Sanchez’s claim that Higuain will exit has led to fresh speculation that Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez could be targeted by the Spanish side, while Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero and Tottenham’s Gareth Bale are also reportedly under consideration.

Higuain joined Real from River Plate in 2007 and has previously been linked with moves to Chelsea, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure what the implications are - as they would be up shits creek if they lost both him and Ronaldo this summer. Lewandowski may be an option.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lewandowski to replace Higuain? and where will he go?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is why Real are so detestable. They're completely run by their front office. What if Mourinho's replacement would like to keep a player of Higuain's calibre.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The capital club is a circus, this is not new and yet another reason why Del Bosque wouldn't return. As for moving Gonzo, don't be so sure that a new coach hasn't already weighed in on whether or not they wanted to keep the Argentine who wanted to leave the club last summer. He won't come cheap in all likelihood.

Benzema has been more productive over the last 3 seasons which is why they're likely sticking with him over El Pipita. My guess is he'll end up at a Premiership club

SuecoGitano

This is why Real are so detestable. They're completely run by their front office. What if Mourinho's replacement would like to keep a player of Higuain's calibre.
so detestable because of that? surely not a strong enough argument. sure you have others. Many, many clubs are run by their 'front office'. Also, who knows if they have already asked the next coach? We dont have a clue really.

There can be arguments for and against that set-up by the way. It is mainly in the PL where you have the model whereby a coach runs 'everything', while in most other leagues and teams including Madrid, Barca, Bayern (just to name a few that are relevant now..) the 'front office' decides a lot on signings. The view would be that a coach is not a business person but a football person. At the end of a day a player can also be seen as a asset to the club. There can be many examples of successes and failures for both models. Bebe springs to mind as a good example of a failure (paying so much for him...weird, suspicious..) and there are many examples of successes. Ultimately, imo the best is a combination of both. The 'front office' should be 100% coordinated with the coach.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Am I the only one that thinks he's a bit shit? Every time I've seen him play he's been gash as feck. I'm not going to go all out and say he is actually shit but I can honestly say I'm not convinced he's as good as people think he is.

SuecoGitano

The capital club is a circus, this is not new and yet another reason why Del Bosque wouldn't return. As for moving Gonzo, don't be so sure that a new coach hasn't already weighed in on whether or not they wanted to keep the Argentine who wanted to leave the club last summer. He won't come cheap in all likelihood.

Benzema has been more productive over the last 3 seasons which is why they're likely sticking with him over El Pipita. My guess is he'll end up at a Premiership club
I would unfortunately agree that MAdrid has been a bit of a circus for quite a few years...but then again, so has Barca. Its enough with reading the papers today with the Pique vs Tito discussions in the press...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
so detestable because of that? surely not a strong enough argument. sure you have others. Many, many clubs are run by their 'front office'. Also, who knows if they have already asked the next coach? We dont have a clue really.

There can be arguments for and against that set-up by the way. It is mainly in the PL where you have the model whereby a coach runs 'everything', while in most other leagues and teams including Madrid, Barca, Bayern (just to name a few that are relevant now..) the 'front office' decides a lot on signings. The view would be that a coach is not a business person but a football person. At the end of a day a player can also be seen as a asset to the club. There can be many examples of successes and failures for both models. Bebe springs to mind as a good example of a failure (paying so much for him...weird, suspicious..) and there are many examples of successes. Ultimately, imo the best is a combination of both. The 'front office' should be 100% coordinated with the coach.
Yes, and why would anyone but the manager have complete say over which players a club buys ? After all, its they who have to coach the team, not the executives in the front office. Maybe the problem is endemic of Spanish football, but Madrid and their Galactico clown factory seem to be the worst.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I would unfortunately agree that MAdrid has been a bit of a circus for quite a few years...but then again, so has Barca. Its enough with reading the papers today with the Pique vs Tito discussions in the press...
You can argue that but you'd have a hard time building a credible case that they are similar in that regard, especially when it comes to Perez

SuecoGitano

You can argue that but you'd have a hard time building a credible case that they are similar in that regard, especially when it comes to Perez
as I said, agree....

however, its easier to be less of a circus if things go well on the field. Barca have it in their dna as well imo...and as soon as the tide started turning it didnt take long for things to happen... and even when it didn't go badly outrageous things happened but the difference is that the Barcelona press are much much more supportive of the club than the MAdrid press are. Some crazy examples are Laporta spying on his staff and players (with proper detectives and everything!), Laporta being sued for illegal use of Barca money, Rosell being sued in BRazil for corruption, Pique vs Tito, Laporta coming out to the press and saying Guardiola was being called 'Dalai Lama' etc, Laporta using Barca for political manifestations etc.. not bad list either is it?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Nor he and Benzema are the right strikers for madrid, both miss that little element which marks out truly great front men and both would fare better elsewhere under less pressure. Sensible move.

kps88

He should go to Spurs. They even have that weird partnership with Madrid.

Ekeke

"We need two number nines, we're selling one of our two and bringing in another two"

gulli_G

this bayern team reminds me a lot of our treble winners, the drive, skill and teamwork. I'm really impressed with both german teams, i think they have got the mix between flair and solidness just right

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Am I the only one that thinks he's a bit shit? Every time I've seen him play he's been gash as feck. I'm not going to go all out and say he is actually shit but I can honestly say I'm not convinced he's as good as people think he is.
He's scored 102 league goals in the last 5 seasons averaging a goal every 93 minutes so he's devastatingly effective in league football, he just seems to freeze on the bigger stage. He has a goal every 292 minutes in CL football in the same time and he's missed crucial chances in pretty much every knockout tie he's played in. I think he's just not the kind of player that can feed off a couple of chances a game. He's good enough for Spurs at least.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Would be a fantastic deal for Madrid, the whole team will benefit so much more with a player like Aguero.
Agreed. Rumours were that he wanted to join us 2 years ago but Atletico didn't let him and included a clausule in his contract that prohibited him to join Real Madrid for the first two years. If Higuain leaves, I'm sure he'll be the main target to replace him for us this summer.
Higuain out Bale in IMO.
Yeah, him too please. :drool: [/spoiled muppet]

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Agreed. Rumours were that he wanted to join us 2 years ago but Atletico didn't let him and included a clausule in his contract that prohibited him to join Real Madrid for the first two years. If Higuain leaves, I'm sure he'll be the main target to replace him for us this summer.

Yeah, him too please. :drool: [/spoiled muppet]
Him and Ronaldo together would be fecking brilliant IMO, they would work well in tandem.

Take Kompany, Silva and Zabaleta too?

:D

Doubt Bale would go Madrid, too much of a risk and RM is a cold unwelcoming atmosphere in comparison to the stability and protection he would get under SAF.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't think that Aguero would leave City so soon. I can definitely see it happening at some point in perhaps the next two or three seasons, but not yet.

Ekeke

Bale and Aguero would both go to Real if they could. However City would demand a huge fee for Aguero and he has a long time on his contract, so dont think they'd get him this year

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Bale and Aguero would both go to Real if they could. However City would demand a huge fee for Aguero and he has a long time on his contract, so dont think they'd get him this year
How long does he have left? Did he sign a new one since he got there?

Zen86

As City showed us with Tevez, they won't be forced into losing a player, no matter what.

Longlivekeano

I rather have Higuain. Class forward. Works hard, runs down the channels, shoots well with both feet, decent header of the ball. A bit like Hernan Crespo (with slighter physique).