Higuain to leave Real Madrid

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The new Fernando Morientes.
Morientes had a good all-round game in fairness but there's some definite similarities.

He's like an upgraded Hernandez. His all round game isn't as good as the top strikers but he'll score goals.

Other than being goalscorers in what way are they similar? Hernández's biggest strength has been his goalscoring in big games whereas Higuaín's generally struggled in that area. Higuaín scores "better" goals in the sense they're technically more impressive and more aesthetically pleasing but I don't see how that alone makes him better.

In the CL knockout rounds Higuaín's started 16 times and scored just twice (inc. games v Apoel, CSKA and Lyon).

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
He would be a great signing for Arsenal, certainly better than any of the strikers they've got now.

Traub

Well he is a massive bottler so makes sense. Poor Rooney, nowhere to go.

Dominos

Well he is a massive bottler so makes sense. Poor Rooney, nowhere to go.
Yes I'm sure Rooney's distraught he wont get to fight it out for 4th at Arsenal :yawn:

I really rate Higuain, he's not only a regular scorer but he scores great goals too which along with some good dribbling skills seperates him from the usual names he's compared with, including Hernandez.

I think this poor record in the CL is something he will get over, Ibrahimovich was also accused of similar for years, at 25 he's got plenty of time to turn it around.

The Neviller

Cracking signing for Arsenal if it goes through. I see people underrate Higuain so often. The guy scores goals, and lots of them. He's exactly what Arsenal need.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He'll be a great signing for them I reckon.

It'll be a shame to lose Marcos to Arsenal though.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
At finishing? Suarez, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Van Cuntie, Cavani, Benzema, Lewandowski, Aguero.
And werent you the one who said Gervinho had the potential to be world class when you guys signed him? This is why you shouldnt wum too much. You start thinking thats the norm.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Would not call him a better finisher than Zlatan, van Persie, Benzema, Lewandowski or Aguero. They're all pretty similar.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
He's not a better finisher than Rooney either.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Splitting hairs there as far as finishing ability is concerned.

IF this goes through then I would be extatic, he would be the best available for Arsenal and it would/could/should be a fair stagement of intent (that we will finally be spending cash on quality). Hopefully it will galvanize the squad too and encourage our best players to hang about for a while yet.

His finishing ability is excellent, and more importantly he can finish/shoot with both feet, and from distance too. I remember not too long ago people were saying he was a better player than Benzema but then he suffered that back injury... Hopefully he's put that behind him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Good player, will hardly turn Arsenal into title challengers so I'm not really pushed. Does put a little bit more between Arsenal and Tottenham though.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's not a better finisher than Rooney either.
I'd say he is, he can shoot with both feet, and from distance. His conversion rate is one of the very best in Europe.

Not that it is that relevant as Rooney is also a quality finisher who is more versatile.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Good player, will hardly turn Arsenal into title challengers so I'm not really pushed. Does put a little bit more between Arsenal and Tottenham though.
Add him and another quality midfielder and wide-player (if Gervinho leaves) and we will be looking much much better off. Last season our defence was one of the best in the League, our issue was in midfield and being wasteful with our chances.

A fit Wilshere, signing a midfielder with real 'presence,' and potentially a wide player/AM (if Cazorla is llayed on the left) and we will be in the best shape in many years.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
I'd say he is, he can shoot with both feet, and from distance. His conversion rate is one of the very best in Europe.

Not that it is that relevant as Rooney is also a quality finisher who is more versatile.

He can do what?? How many times have you seen him do that. He is not a long shooter even with his stronger right. Rooney has him trumped there. Also from what I have seen he is not a better finisher than Rooney. Rooney can shoot with both feet and is a much more accomplished finisher/goalscorer at the highest level.

KiD MoYeS

Add him and another quality midfielder and wide-player (if Gervinho leaves) and we will be looking much much better off. Last season our defence was one of the best in the League, our issue was in midfield and being wasteful with our chances.

A fit Wilshere, signing a midfielder with real 'presence,' and potentially a wide player/AM (if Cazorla is llayed on the left) and we will be in the best shape in many years.
That's your main priority, for me.

Brightonian

He'd be a great signing, and one I'd be glad to see. I really want Arsenal to be challenging for the title again soon. Much worthier opponents than Chelsea or City.

KiD MoYeS

He'd be a great signing, and one I'd be glad to see. I really want Arsenal to be challenging for the title again soon. Much worthier opponents than Chelsea or City.
Whilst I'd agree in a sense they're a more worth wile title rival than the two sugar daddy clubs, but why would you want an extra title rival?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He's an excellent finisher and signing for Arsenal. No need to bury your heads in the sand guys.

In other news, Liverpool continue to mount their challenge for fourth on the back of signing random 6 and 7 million players.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Thank god, I'd like Arsenal to be a good match again. They were just dreadful up front with my favorite midfielder Giroud. I don't care what his aerial conversion rate is, he not good enough to lead the line there.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's fantastic. Roughly a goal every two games for one of the biggest clubs in the world and I think he'd be great for Arsenal where he's likely to be the main man.

Both him an Benzema have been overshadowed by Ronaldo's ridiculous numbers.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Like many have said, he'd be a great signing for Arsenal. Finally someone who can lead their line instead of the rubbish they currently have. Would rather them challenging us for the title than the plastic clubs.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Can't argue with his record, but he's always played with better players than the current crop at Arsenal so a feck load more responsibility for him if this move goes ahead.

Good test for him to see how good he actually is. From Di Maria and Ronaldo to Walcott and the Ox...but still in competition with a frog up front.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
That is harsh on Walcott and the Ox, it is impossible to name another team with better wingers than Di Maria and Ronaldo.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He's fantastic. Roughly a goal every two games for one of the biggest clubs in the world and I think he'd be great for Arsenal where he's likely to be the main man.

Both him an Benzema have been overshadowed by Ronaldo's ridiculous numbers.
And also the fact they split a lot of their game time between each other so don't rack up as many appearances.

Higuain's been a bit streaky and probably hasn't shown enough consistency to be regarded as amongst the very best strikers. He's had three very good seasons in his last five at Madrid, when he's married scoring great goals with great goalscoring, but he has been wasteful during the patchy seasons. I'm not really sure about the Morientes comparisons, I think he was a bit better back to goal and more of an aerial threat. That's not to say Higuain's simply a limited centre-forward given how he well he performed out on the right flank a few seasons ago for Madrid.