Hillsborough Disaster - 30 years on

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Reading up on the history of Hillsborough stadium. The place didn't seem like it was fit for purpose for a number of years prior to 1989.
Went there once, it was a shithole. Unfortunately a lot of grounds were poor in the 80s (as no-one cared about fans, especially away fans) but that one was awful. Worse was they had warnings of the potential issues but ignored it... Spurs in the 81 semi for a start.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-27614689

I remember it like it was yesterday .... my cousin David is a Liverpool fan and was there. He was lucky as he just happened to be near the back, he's one of those fans you see getting pulled up to the stand above. Has only been to two away games since.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Difficult to know what to write with potential legal proceedings still to take place but I hope that one day, the families and survivors receive closure in one way or another.
RIP 96. Never Forgotten

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pretty sure they rebuild the other end.
Are you ? I was at Hillsborough last Monday for the game against Nottingham Forrest. They have seated the whole stadium of course, they haven't rebuilt any of it.

Not sure why you think they've rebuilt part of the stadium or are seeming to imply that as a club they aren't affected

CornerFlag

Supports
Liverpool
Dav771, please, please, please take your post down, any retrial can be prejudiced by comments like this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ook-david-duckenfield-liverpool-a8727511.html

The Contempt of Court Act 1981 makes publications that “create a substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced” illegal.

Restrictions apply to “any speech, writing, programme or other communication in whatever form, which is addressed to the public at large or any section of the public” - including social media posts.

Reactions: SteveJ

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Little bit off topic but always bemused me how Sheffield Wednesday never pulled that end down, the stand is still up to this day but just has seats instead of terracing now.

Never been to Hillsborough to watch a game but did have a look outside a few years back and had an eerie look at the memorial board for 30 seconds.

Not sure how many on this board follow Man. United away or have been to Hillsborough but must be really odd to go in that end knowing the horrors that happened there.
I went watching Wednesday when I was at Uni and the crowd was such that the lower tier where it all happened was completely empty and it immediately struck me when looking from the other end.

It's genuinely disturbing knowing that in the same stand you're looking at, 96 people lost their lives.

Makes me wonder what opposition fans did in the years afterwards when they had to have that end? Did Liverpool fans still go?

RIP to the 96 and what a horrendous state of affairs the last 30 years has been. It's a black mark on the history of our country and trust in our government and police.

CornerFlag

Supports
Liverpool
Removed. Although I stand by what I said I understand the sensitivity of the case and should not have posted that here. My apologies.
Mate, all I'll say is that there are a lot of people with the same sympathies as you expressed, just that to wait for the right time to show them will come if we just hold fire.

Cheers though!

Reactions: SteveJ