Hillsborough Inquests verdict - 96 Unlawfully Killed.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Surely one of the biggest coverups in the modern history? What a fecking disgrace.

Happy for all the families to finally see some justice. 27 years is a long time.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Finally some justice. Hope the families can draw strength from this...and hope some accountability follows.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Surely one of the biggest coverups in the modern history? What a fecking disgrace.

Happy for all the families to finally see some justice. 27 years is a long time.
That's by far the worst part. They needed to stand up on the day, hold their hands up and admit they fecked up.

My dad used to go to that ground often in the years before and has always said it was awful and it was only a matter of time until mistakes like this were made so, but that it can never excuse the way in which the Police acted in the aftermath.

Here's hoping the families can finally see some peace.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Delighted for all involved - it's been common knowledge for such a long time but to have it finally acknowledged and confirmed must be an unbelievable relief for the families.

Really good day.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
The criminal investigation could well encompass the engineers, Sheffield Wednesday, the ambulance service and the police force in my view. It would be interesting to see whether David Duckenfield is prosecuted for gross negligence manslaughter.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Finally. Hope this brings some sense of peace and justice to the families.

Disgusting that it took 27 frigging years.

Rafateria

There are people crying all over the Liverpool forums.

This was the other big question, number 7:
Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?
The jury said no.

David Conn ‎@david_conn
Hillsborough Inquests: The Jury has completely vindicated the families' 27 year fight against South Yorkshire police's blaming of supporters

13. After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster? YES

QUOTE (thanks JJ) : ......... is that both Wednesday and Duckenfield were presented with practically impossible jobs to do once the FA refused to learn the lessons of the previous season and insisted the fatal game take place at Hillsborough again. The most guilty men of all are getting off scot-free.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A tremendous fight for 27 years, and even then they only got the small consolation of justice because it was politically impossible for the usual & traditional whitewash to take place, impossible for the lid to be kept on the cover-up any longer, and feasible only because some of the main players in authority are dead or retired.

Rest In Peace.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There are people crying all over the Liverpool forums.

This was the other big question, number 7:
Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?
The jury said no.

David Conn ‎@david_conn
Hillsborough Inquests: The Jury has completely vindicated the families' 27 year fight against South Yorkshire police's blaming of supporters

13. After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster? YES

QUOTE : ......... is that both Wednesday and Duckenfield were presented with practically impossible jobs to do once the FA refused to learn the lessons of the previous season and insisted the fatal game take place at Hillsborough again. The most guilty men of all are getting off scot-free.
Can they actually proscecute people now that the verdict has been changed?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
27 years is a fecking disgrace. I'm not even that old. As we have seen, the British police have a long history of covering their mistakes. Has anything changed?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The awful, terrible things that were said about football fans that left them with a stigma that in many ways persists to this day. Prolonging agony and grief for 27 years all the while demonizing victims, survivors and relatives. A cover up of shocking and sickening proportions, perpetuated by elements of the police, government and media. A mistake by the football association to pick the ground. All the while the only people they sought to injure were the fans, knowing the grave error and crime they had committed against them.

Today is a good day for Liverpool, a good day for football fans and a good day for justice.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Such a dreadful tragedy. The events of the day were something that any matchgoing fan of United, from that era, would have recognised. The mix of incompetence and indifference by the authorities. The demonization of the fans that allowed them to stick up cages and herd them like animals.

The coverup in the aftermath that obscured the facts and blamed the fans was unforgiveable. It's not about a particular police commander, it's about the whole conspiracy of lies that followed the events. Not even just from the police, the legal and political establishment sanctioned it and the press played along, and fed and added to the lies.

Very sad story. Tremendous battle from the family and friends to get to the truth.

Revan

Assumptionman
Finally. 27 years is a long time, but good that there is some justice in the end. Hopefully their families can close this chapter of their lives.

Rafateria

QUOTE (thanks again JJ) The FA didn't merely allow the match to go ahead, they insisted that it do so in the teeth of safety warnings - not only about the certificate but also about the specific difficulties of a match at that ground between the two sides involved, which had nearly led to disaster at the same stage of the same competition the previous season. Late on in the discussions Manchester United offered to stage the fatal game at Old Trafford, but the FA turned that down on money grounds as they'd still have had to pay Sheffield Wednesday as well as Utd.even if the game had been switched.

stevoc

Nice to hear the wrongdoing looks to have been finally acknowledged. Better late than never i guess, happy for the families to maybe get some closure at long last.

One of them no doubt, sadly there were others in the 70's and 80's in the UK also.

Raw

Fecking ridiculous how long they've had to wait for. Well done to those who never stopped fighting.

Rafateria

Crown Prosecution Service confirms it will now begin process of formally considering criminal charges over Hillsborough.

Revan

Assumptionman

And in case any youngsters don't know what that absolute abortion of a newspaper wrote :

Yeah, Sun are cnuts. Even as a United fan, I have as principle to never give my clicks to them just because of the Hillsborough story.

NinjaFletch

I'm indescribably happy for the families.

No one should go to a football mach and not come home, I sincerely hope those responsible get whats coming to them.

Kag

I've just came across Bernard Ingham's letter to a victim's parent for the first time. Disgusting.

He still hasn't apologised.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'm indescribably happy for the families.

No one should go to a football mach and not come home, I sincerely hope those responsible get whats coming to them.
They should all serve 27 years in prison.

Kag

I am not sure I have read this. Do you have a link?
If you give him a quick search it will come up. It's all over twitter. I'd get a link myself if I wasn't so useless at embedding tweets while on my phone.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Glad they have some closure. I do worry for some of the victims families though.

I remember seeing an interview recently where one lady described the campaign as being a real driving force and motivation in her life which she has used to fill the horrible vacuum created when she lost her loved one.

She worries that once it is all wrapped up and justice is done that the vacuum will be empty again and she'll be doing the grieving she has been avoiding.

Incredibly sad. Although it is a positive that police corruption of this level can be brought to light and these people are not above reproach.