Hillsborough

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I agree.

However, due to the odd idiots you will likely get in a crowd of united and everton fans, when its a liverpool tragedy we are remembering, its the way the authorities may go, if they do anything at all.
I think they'd be best off leaving it TBH.

Sadly.

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
Im sure they will hold a minutes silence because the Everton fans were badly affected by the disaster, they lost family and friends as well. Hillsborough bought the whole community together and transcends any rivalry between them.

Everton will certainly respect it and I hope our lot do.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I really can't see any of the Everton lot not respecting a minute's silence. Although they are up there with the most despicable supporters in the country, Hillsborough affected the Blue half of Liverpool almost as much as the Red.

Crerand Legend

I remember that day well,the look of fear on those supporters was awful.Anybody who disrespects the memory of those who perished are a disgrace to this club and themselves

manxmanc

On a different note, my uncle was there.

He was one of the lucky ones and got a seat in the higher ties as his mate had told him these had the best view.

At first he thought it was like an other away when he seen what was going on, people trying to jib in etc, then he saw the people climbing the fences at the front and thought they were trying a pitch invasion. Then he seen what was really happening, and has told me he thinks of it every day, how he couldn't help, how he witnessed young lads been crushed to death and it still brings a tear to his eye. When they got outside, the scene was like nothing he had witnessed before, grown men hugging each other, just randomers they recognised from other games, as they new they each other had made it out safe.

Bearded but no genius

I don't think they would. They have a lot of gobby kids, like we do, who are looking to make a name for themselves.

Unfortunately they are just prats.
That's the thing.

It was 20 years ago, a lot of the noise-making annoying pricks looking to be "hard" and crap would have no real emotional connection to that day.

They were small children or not alive.

As a Yank I didn't actually start watching football until a decade later and I remember tv and print coverage of it in the USA as a horrible disaster - just because of the age I am.

But some 19 year old punk can't possibly have been sat in front of the tv hearing about it and the families right after it happened. As it becomes "history" it ceases to mean as much and eventually means less and less.

I'd be worried about both United AND Everton supporters having idiots wanting to show how "clever" they are.

manxmanc

That's the thing.

It was 20 years ago, a lot of the noise-making annoying pricks looking to be "hard" and crap would have no real emotional connection to that day.

They were small children or not alive.

As a Yank I didn't actually start watching football until a decade later and I remember tv and print coverage of it in the USA as a horrible disaster - just because of the age I am.

But some 19 year old punk can't possibly have been sat in front of the tv hearing about it and the families right after it happened. As it becomes "history" it ceases to mean as much and eventually means less and less.

I'd be worried about both United AND Everton supporters having idiots wanting to show how "clever" they are.
I bumped into a city fan before our game last season and he was saying how they all planned on acting impeccably, as they did, but he was worried some young cnut would try act the hard man and spoil it.

Luckily no one did.

Bammy

Terrible tragedy. Respecting it is nothing to do with football,it's to do with human decency.

Ashamed when I hear United fans bring it up,what does it achieve?

RIP

theimperialinn

I think there will be an element of self-policing amongst the Everton fans.

If prats do start shouting they will be dealt with quickly, especially given the fact that the whole club will be turning out for this one.

muller

I thought the minutes silence was fantastic with Liverpool/Blackburn. Much like United/City last season. Its good that the majority of people have the decency to actually respect those that lost their lives.

And I do agree about the one area being standing room if it can be controlled.
It was great inside the ground, not so much on the road leading up to Sir Matt Busby way where the traffic was stopped and silence was asked by the police with loudspeakers... Untill some scousers turned up walking along with trumpets, the cnuts.

Anyway, Rip to those who died in this tragic accident.

Divine

Remember seeing the disaster unfold live on television when I was 15. Had looked forward to the game, but soon ended up with tears streaming down my face. It comes back to me with great power watching footage of it today - like a blow to the stomach which makes me feel physically sick.

In many ways, this was the day I stopped being a child - the day when I realised disasters and evil things could happen to people just like myself.

Sporting rivalries aside - Respect for the 96, Rest In Peace.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
20 years ago today.

RIP the 96.

Bread

I'd hope a silence at the fa cup would be impecably served. The reality is it probably wouldn't. Real shame, because i really think both sets of fans would respect it, regardless of age. But you could probably bet some pissed up knobhead would decide to shout to show what a real red or blue he is.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
LFC TV free to view all day on 15.04.2009

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but liverpoolfc.tv is showing some interesting shows today from 10am on. It's on Virgin, 544.

fadas

They're not doing a minute's silence at the United Everton game, players are wearing black armbands. That's it.

There is a presentation of flowers before the Chelsea/Arsenal game, they were going to do a minute's applause but decided that wouldn't suit.

They know that there is no way that a minute's silence would be observed at either game, no more than there would be if it was Munich and involving any of those other clubs. Anyone who thinks there would be is living in la-la land.

Actually, I'll edit that out.... not the place.

Murphman

Im sure they will hold a minutes silence because the Everton fans were badly affected by the disaster, they lost family and friends as well. Hillsborough bought the whole community together and transcends any rivalry between them.

Everton will certainly respect it and I hope our lot do.
I wouldn't bet on that.

fadas

The atmosphere at the merseyside derby is getting as poisonous as the united/liverpool games ffs.

A lot of people seem to fall for the sepia toned bollix that Football Focus throw up about reds & blues merrily being chirpy scousers and having a laugh together. :lol:

fadas

No doubt many would "respect" it but many would not.

Like all crowds, you'll get some who think differently.

theimperialinn

Everton were touched almost as badly as Liverpool fans when it comes to Hillsborough. It bought the whole community together.

If the odd Everton fan did try something they would quickly be put in their place by the crowd.

Dont forget 99% of the Everton fans are scouse as well.

I would be more worried about our fans acting the prats than the Everton lot.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
The thing is, every club in the entire world has it's idiotic element. If you have 1000 people there is a good chance at least 1 will be a fecking retard.

You could have a minutes silence for any event in history and at least one idiot would feel the need to disrespect it. Dispicable excuses for human beings every last one.

RIP the 96.

fadas

A fair few Hillsborough jibes have been fired across at the Mersey derby for quite a while according to some people I know so I don't buy the whole "bringing a community together" line. That's what the BBC would like you to think though.

Sadly, people will often say the worst they can think of just to get a reaction from opposition fans.

UnitedRoadRed

RIP, a very sad day.

Wouldn't even risk the silence, there are idiots in all three camps - the Munich and Hillsborough chants both highlight it. If no other matches had it, just have black armbands on and keep it low key.