Gaming Hitman 3 | Now Hitman: World of Assassination

Kaos

Ugh, this is tempting me to get PSVR, eventhough its ancient tech in the VR world at this point. Would much rather get an Oculus Quest 2 but Epic have killed off any hope of the PC version from getting VR support this year :mad:

I might just have to wait till it comes to Steam next year,

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Going to watch the inauguration and then boot this up.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
First time I’m jealous of Stadia - players can create scenarios with different options and starting points then share them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First mission was fun!

I got the Scandi guy first. Pretended to be his new security. He wanted me to throw knives to prove my skill and I did three but I chucked the fourth one in his guard’s head and then kicked the target over the edge of the building. Struggled a lot more with Carl Ingram because he’s constantly surrounded by security. I had a meeting with him disguised as someone else but the right moment didn’t seem to come up. I knocked out a janitor after the meeting to stay in the penthouse area and he happened to sit in a chair nearby a door I was behind, so I opened the door, shot him in the head and quietly left the area. Could’ve been more silent obviously but I’d come that far I might as well. I parachuted off the building to exit.

izzydiggler

Imported my Hitman 1 & 2 levels and for all 3 games it’s about 60GB on the PS5. Seems far too small but got to hand it to the devs for managing that.

Now playing through the first one again and it’s such a great game.

b82REZ

Is there motion control on the PSVR or are you handcuffed to your controller?
Controller.

I've only really seen info on it on IGN's review. While they loved the game, they weren't keen on the VR implementation.

It'll be interesting to try but it looks more frustrating than fun, IMO.

Kaos

Controller.

I've only really seen info on it on IGN's review. While they loved the game, they weren't keen on the VR implementation.

Ahh, thats a shame.

Woodzy

Bought this on the back of the reviews. Cheapest way of getting Hitman 1 and 2 through this game?

It looks like I have Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 Standard. Does this mean I already have access to Hitman 2? Strange because i've never owned it.

el3mel

I absolutely hate the Epic Store downloader. Fecking hell, it has been stuck at 0.00b/s and just doesn't want to proceed. Will take me ages to download this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is the fact there’s only like 6 levels going to hold this back? I know you can assign random people as the target but that doesn’t sound that amazing to me. I want it but will probably wait based on this

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Controller.

Ahh, thats a shame.
I've been watching a few streams and people seem to be really liking the VR implementation. Why does it "look" frustrating rez?

b82REZ

I've been watching a few streams and people seem to be really liking the VR implementation. Why does it "look" frustrating rez?
In my experience, games that utilise the controller for movement are clunky and hard to control. That's what it looks like from the few clips I've seen of this.

My gf surprised me with this last night. Played the first mission but it hadn't finished installing the rest so I'll crack on this weekend. I want to try the VR but I can't be arsed setting it up and I have no more storage on the console. My gf will probably make me install it though so I'll report back on how it plays in VR.

el3mel

I absolutely hate the Epic Store downloader. Fecking hell, it has been stuck at 0.00b/s and just doesn't want to proceed. Will take me ages to download this.
Unbelievable. After I have reached 60% downloading through terrible speed, it stopped and refused to resume. I paused, exited the store and opened it again, and it asked me to start fecking all over again, and wiped out all the downloaded files.

I'm fecking done with this.

el3mel

Can I download a pirated version and and use its files as replacement for the store's download ?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just killed every single npc in the second level except the main family :lol: hunted them down like a movie psycho

b82REZ

I cant download the VR access. When I click the link it says I need Hitman VR Access, but I can't find that anywhere on the store.

Do you have to setup the headset before you can download it?

I'm enjoying the game so far but I don't think I'm creative enough with my hits. I pushed old lady Carlisle out of the window and shot my way through the nightclub.

Bojan11

Which enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Hitman 3 on Xbox Series X|S?

A: We see Hitman as a ‘live game’ and our launch date on January 20 is just the beginning of a journey, in which we’re going to keep working on the game and adding new features. It’s great that the GPU in the Series X|S has hardware support for Ray-Tracing. We’ve already started working on RT technology for the renderer in our Glacier engine, and once that’s deemed ready for prime time, we’ll definitely bring it to the Series X|S hardware.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/inside-xbox-series-xs-optimized-hitman-3/

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Dunkeys videos are great :lol:

I immediately had to find the banana in game and do knock people out with it.

el3mel

I finally managed to download and play it. Played the first 2 missions before United's game today.

The one who designed the second mission deserves a pay rise !
Who thought of having 47 playing a detective and solving an actual murder case while assassinating the target ? This was slick. I felt I was making a fool out of everyone in the mansion while actually solving them the case as they wanted !

ravi2

Playing this right now on the Series X and it is amazing. Just finished the 2nd mission and the gamplay is addictive, the game makes you want to complete all the challenges and kill folks in all sorts of ways. The 4k , 60fps, HDR looks dead good as well. I havent enjoyed a game this much in a while. I'll be heavily playing this till Mass Effect legacy comes out next month.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So I had a go at the free intro level for Hitman 2 last night and it's pretty fun.

Anyone know the best and cheapest way to get 1/2/3 to play on the PS5? All import stuff is confusing. Also is it essential to get them all or could I jump in on 2 for instance?

b82REZ

So I had a go at the free intro level for Hitman 2 last night and it's pretty fun.

Anyone know the best and cheapest way to get 1/2/3 to play on the PS5? All import stuff is confusing. Also is it essential to get them all or could I jump in on 2 for instance?
I jumped straight in at 3. I had played a bit of the first one.

The recap explains the story so far. Other than not being sure of characters backstories I don't feel disadvantaged having not played the other two.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've been going through all the levels from start to finish. Once I do that I'm going to try and kill everyone on each level :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I jumped straight in at 3. I had played a bit of the first one.

The recap explains the story so far. Other than not being sure of characters backstories I don't feel disadvantaged having not played the other two.
Ok cool. Anyone have any opinions on which is better between 2 & 3? I really like the cinematic moodiness of that opening level in 2.