Gaming Hitman 3 | Now Hitman: World of Assassination

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Released Jan 20th.

Looking forward to this one. Always loved these games and it's nice they're still making them even though they'll never be blockbuster games.

Locations we know so far are Dubai, Berlin, Chongqing and Dartmoor.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Out in a week. Glad everyone is looking forward to it as much as me :lol:

Six locations:

Dubai, UAE - Opening ceremony of the tallest building in the world.
Dartmoor, England - Murder Mystery at a manor house.
Berlin, Germany - Outskirts of the city, likely raves.
Chongqing, China - Tight streets, might be similar to the New Orleans mission from previous game.
Mendoza, Argentina - Looks like big houses and vineyards.
Carpathian Mountains, Romania - No idea with this one.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does that mean only 6 missions?

I tempted to get it but will probs wait and see what people say about it

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have been playing through Hitman over the past week and very much enjoying it. I'll likely pick up Hitman 2 if it comes on sale and then go for Hitman 3 in about 6 months-1 year when it's discounted also. They are really good games.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've never played a Hitman game before. They've just never appealed to me. I did hear that they're going to be using the adaptive triggers and haptics on the DualSense though, so that has me interested. If they can get close to how Astro's Playroom uses them then I may give it a look.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve seen someone play the Dubai mission and it looks good

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oooh I forgot about this, it's in VR too still right?

Hopefully like Resi 7 it elevates the game even more.
Yeah I've never taken much interest in VR but this kind of game seems good for it.

el3mel

I actually have this pre-ordered. Pretty weird but it seems Epic has different prices in different regions. For me its full price was only 18 dollars! So took the chance and pre-ordered.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Loved this and splinter cell back in the day. I might pick this up. Nearly finished my first play through of cyberpunk so need something new.

Minkaro

Got Hitman 2 off PSnow or Plus (whichever it was on) a while back, and enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you've pre-ordered this digitally make sure it didn't download the PS4 version instead of the PS5 (if that's your console anyway).

The store auto downloaded both versions for me for some reason.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I actually have this pre-ordered. Pretty weird but it seems Epic has different prices in different regions. For me its full price was only 18 dollars! So took the chance and pre-ordered.
$18?! It’s £55 here!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Are the first two good?

I loved them back in the day but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for the mission style of them anymore.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Found the last one really boring. The one before that which rebooted the series was somewhat enjoyable but at the end of the day the gameplay, even if it gives you options, is really formulic. After one or two missions I couldn't bring myself to play more of the most recent one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Found the last one really boring. The one before that which rebooted the series was somewhat enjoyable but at the end of the day the gameplay, even if it gives you options, is really formulic. After one or two missions I couldn't bring myself to play more of the most recent one.
Depends what kind of style you like really.

I enjoy it because the freedom it gives you. Yes it's formulaic but most games are really. At least with this one you can go about it multiple ways.

I also like the feature that allows anyone to make their own contracts, so you can set any NPCs to be targets in any level, in any way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are the first two good?

I loved them back in the day but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for the mission style of them anymore.
Personally the Hitman games are one of my favourite series. I just enjoy the location style gameplay and it has a lot of replayability. I get that the games aren't for everyone though.

izzydiggler

My copy has just turned up...although I plan to play through the first 2 again 'remastered' before starting the 3rd.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I think I’ll hold off - still a lot to finish in cyberpunk. Might come down in price by then too - but a definite purchase as I do like stealth with a bit of tactics in there.

Balljy

Depends what kind of style you like really.

I enjoy it because the freedom it gives you. Yes it's formulaic but most games are really. At least with this one you can go about it multiple ways.

I also like the feature that allows anyone to make their own contracts, so you can set any NPCs to be targets in any level, in any way.
How do you play it style-wise?

I got Hitman 2 and stopped playing in the training mission because I felt it was trying to get me to try 10 different ways to play the mission rather than move on. I got a bit bored of playing the same thing again and again with all the patience needed. Do you just do a mission once and then carry on to the next one?

I might give it another go and get into the missions proper to see if I like it more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How do you play it style-wise?

I got Hitman 2 and stopped playing in the training mission because I felt it was trying to get me to try 10 different ways to play the mission rather than move on. I got a bit bored of playing the same thing again and again with all the patience needed. Do you just do a mission once and then carry on to the next one?

I might give it another go and get into the missions proper to see if I like it more.
Yep I do it once and carry on to the next one. I can always revisit and try different methods which is what I've been doing with Hitman 2 this week.

I like to load up levels and try and kill the targets in certain ways. Also I try to avoid the hints it gives you and work out what I need to do. I played the Miami mission the other day and tried to kill both targets without ever changing clothes or being spotted.

Also you've got the user created contracts which can be good fun. There was one in the USA mission where you had to kill all the muffin salespeople. You can create your own missions as well.

Balljy

Yep I do it once and carry on to the next one. I can always revisit and try different methods which is what I've been doing with Hitman 2 this week.

I like to load up levels and try and kill the targets in certain ways. Also I try to avoid the hints it gives you and work out what I need to do. I played the Miami mission the other day and tried to kill both targets without ever changing clothes or being spotted.

Also you've got the user created contracts which can be good fun. There was one in the USA mission where you had to kill all the muffin salespeople. You can create your own missions as well.
Cheers. I think I will give it another go.

It feels like something I should really enjoy, so I'll move past the training mission and go into the main missions to give it a go without worrying too much about the way I'm playing. I need to stop myself from trying every way possible and just play missions through I think.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Haha that sounds great! I have one of the ps4 versions from plus but I’m just no where near creative enough to do it well! Might pick it up again to be fair.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haha that sounds great! I have one of the ps4 versions from plus but I’m just no where near creative enough to do it well! Might pick it up again to be fair.
I just quite like that it has a finite amount of people on the level as well. There was one on the original reboot where I killed every single person on the map :lol: Silent assassin.

Kaos

I'm still a big fan of the originals, only played a bit of the last reboot. I'm interested in this for VR though, I'll grab it at some point.
Ehh elaborate? Does this support VR?

Tbh I've been looking for an excuse to indulge myself in a Valve Index, but can't really justify risking a split with the missus for spending a mini mortgage to play Star Wars Squadrons, but if Hitman is going VR then that changes everything.

Edit: Nvm, found it its PSVR only, boo!

Last edited:

Nickosaur

Sounds good. Haven't played a Hitman game since PS2 days so might pick this up.