Holland - Euro 2021 discussion

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I know the world will be thrilled that the only nation who plays the game properly is back this edition. I know I am. And yes I know, it's The Netherlands, but that's a lot of letters and I'm lazy.

Holland (Group C)
Holland - Ukraine 13-6, 21:00
Holland - Austria 17-6, 21:00
North Macedonia - Holland 21-6, 18:00

We are blessed with our worst ever coach in Frank de Boer. He looks like a tit, sounds like a tit and is, well, a bit of a tit.

Our best players are probably De Ligt, De Jong, Depay and Steven Berghuis. Our group is shit, so I'm sure we'll go through to inevitably be eliminated by Portugal at some point.

Please, tell me more about how much you love us.

Last edited:

flappyjay

Even without Virgil you are still stacked at cb. I am going by reputation as I haven't watched seria a to properly judge De Ligt and De Vrij.

diarm

I'm excited to have a look at this Timber lad at CB. My dad works in Holland and has been raving about him this year. Will he get any minutes?

I was born in Rotterdam so Holland are always my team when Ireland don't qualify. It's not the most star studded of squads they've ever travelled with, but in De Ligt, De Vrij, Wijndal, De Jong, Gravenberch, Koopmeiners, Malen and Memphis there is a decent side in that squad who will give anyone a good game.

What sort of formation does De Boer line up with?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Even without Virgil you are still stacked at cb. I am going by reputation as I haven't watched seria a to properly judge De Ligt and De Vrij.
De Vrij has been fantastic at Inter for years. De Ligt had a solid season too considering the state of Juve.

I stole your image for the OP :wenger:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I know the world will be thrilled that the only nation who plays the game properly is back this edition. I know I am. And yes I know, it's The Netherlands, but that's a lot of letters and I'm lazy.

Holland (Group C)

Holland - Ukraine 13-6, 21:00
Holland - Austria 17-6, 21:00
North Macedonia - Holland 21-6, 18:00

We are blessed with our worst ever coach in Frank de Boer. He looks like a tit, sounds like a tit and is, well, a bit of a tit.

Our best players are probably De Ligt, De Jong, Depay and Steven Berghuis. Our group is shit, so I'm sure we'll go through to inevitably be eliminated by Portugal at some point.

Please, tell me more about how much you love us.
Grrr....

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I was thinking about tagging you there :lol:
I kinda figured!

It actually genuinely annoys me, and I'd be all over your OP and thread title if I was a mod (and be demoted instantly :D ). But then again, I'm an oversensitive whino, so let's rather talk about Malen.

What position can he take up in a starting team? De Boer had him out wide with Depay central once, and that was a disaster, wasn't it? I'd say to either keep him on the bench as an impact sub, or to put him up top and allow Depay to do whatever the hell he wants around him (which he kinds does anyway).

Last edited:

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I'm excited to have a look at this Timber lad at CB. My dad works in Holland and has been raving about him this year. Will he get any minutes?

I was born in Rotterdam so Holland are always my team when Ireland don't qualify. It's not the most star studded of squads they've ever travelled with, but in De Ligt, De Vrij, Wijndal, De Jong, Gravenberch, Koopmeiners, Malen and Memphis there is a decent side in that squad who will give anyone a good game.

What sort of formation does De Boer line up with?
He's starting tonight against Scotland, so i'm guessing he'll be a starter when they play 5-3-2.

diarm

He's starting tonight against Scotland, so i'm guessing he'll be a starter when they play 5-3-2.
Absolute jackpot!

I just got home and didn't realise there was football on tonight. I have 4 beers in the fridge, will throw that on the telly and the England game up on the laptop.

AjaxNL

A little bit of an underwhelming squad, but that has been the case for many years now. At least we are well stocked in defense, even without van Dijk. However, I feel like we will have too little attacking prowess to make much of an impact on this tournament, especially if we are gonna play with one of Luuk de Jong/ Wout Weghorst as one of our two strikers, and with de Roon in midfield. Would much rather have Gravenberch in midfield who is a huge talent and Malen with Memphis up top. I think Malen is a very talented striker.

tomaldinho1

I swear Stekelenburg has been around since the dawn of professional football.

diarm

With Ake and Veltman as well they have great options at CB, even with the best one in the world missing.

diarm

If you could merge Englands attackers and right backs with this squads midfielders and centre backs you could win everything.

Stadjer

No Botman?
He is with 'Young Orange' and knocked out the young France team (which is worth about half a billion and includes players like Upamecano, Konate, Aouar and Camavinga) in the semi finals of the Youth euro cup earlier this week.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
So Wijnaldum and Frenkie will come off after 30 mins, Klaassen and Gravenberch will come on. Yet many still refuse to affirm that Donny is the 6th midfielder.

diarm

Holland remind me a little of United up front. There's talent there but not a huge amount of movement and they're let down regularly by being too casual on the ball.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
As I said in the OP, we need Berghuis. He might be average, but he's the only creative player in the entire team.

Bwuk

Not sure how strong the Holland starting 11 is, but Scotland would probably make 5/6 changes to the 11 that started. Surprised how poor they’ve looked.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Koeman out, De Boer in pretty much killed any hopes of serious challenge.

Was going to say the VDV injury aswell but De Ligt-De Vrij isn't that bad a combination.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Koeman out, De Boer in pretty much killed any hopes of serious challenge.

Was going to say the VDV injury aswell but De Ligt-De Vrij isn't that bad a combination.
When De Vrij shuts the door on the last attack of the game does De Ligt stay on or does he go off?