Gaming Hollow Knight - GOAT Metroidvania

Moby

Dick who hates the homeless
Well not them so much as the prick in the armour upstairs from them
That bitch deserves to be smacked harder than a hooker that owes you money. He's the reason I don't play this shit anymore.

Moby

:lol:

Although I think he means Soul Warrior not Soul Master. But both deserve to sandbagged.
Yeah meant Soul Warrior as well. Took me a fair few tries before I saw his ass dead on a plate. I first tried the pussy way @diarm went with thinking alright this a tight place with no time to heal so I better not get hit by this nutter, then I realised I had an upgraded nail and also cyclone slash so just decided to pull out some of those ballet spinning moves and get that turd shaped feckface down.

I think Soul Master's slightly easier given there's a lot more room to operate and you can be a bit patient than being randomly thrown into a tiny space with a raging teleporting lunatic, though he's still the big cnut brother of the two.

Honestly it really irks me how I keep thinking about getting back into this even when I've been playing another game for a while and thought I'd not touch it again. Just randomly watch all these insane speedrun videos and stuff but the fact that there are so many ways to progress tell me that I'm not actually stuck - I can skip the Soul Master and get into other areas in different ways and stuff. But whenever I get back to it I'll beat his sorry ass first. It's just personal at this stage.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Yeah meant Soul Warrior as well. Took me a fair few tries before I saw his ass dead on a plate. I first tried the pussy way @diarm went with thinking alright this a tight place with no time to heal so I better not get hit by this nutter, then I realised I had an upgraded nail and also cyclone slash so just decided to pull out some of those ballet spinning moves and get that turd shaped feckface down.

I think Soul Master's slightly easier given there's a lot more room to operate and you can be a bit patient than being randomly thrown into a tiny space with a raging teleporting lunatic, though he's still the big cnut brother of the two.

Honestly it really irks me how I keep thinking about getting back into this even when I've been playing another game for a while and thought I'd not touch it again. Just randomly watch all these insane speedrun videos and stuff but the fact that there are so many ways to progress tell me that I'm not actually stuck - I can skip the Soul Master and get into other areas in different ways and stuff. But whenever I get back to it I'll beat his sorry ass first. It's just personal at this stage.
I really want you to finish this so we can help each other through Silk Song. There's no way I can keep up with some of the lunatics in here :lol:

I didn't like bosses like Soul Master and Nightmare King Grimm... Where your have to keep dodging and then damage them with one or two hits then repeat.

I preferred the bosses where I rolled in with my big nail and slapped the bosses around.

Moby

I really want you to finish this so we can help each other through Silk Song. There's no way I can keep up with some of the lunatics in here :lol:

I didn't like bosses like Soul Master and Nightmare King Grimm... Where your have to keep dodging and then damage them with one or two hits then repeat.

I preferred the bosses where I rolled in with my big nail and slapped the bosses around.
Yeah I think I will sure give it a few more tries.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Sank about 13 hours into this over the last week. Just rage uninstalled it though. It's a beautiful little game but I'm sick of playing it now due to the difficulty and frustrating elements it has, that'll only get worse. I think I'm just not made for difficult platformers, so if I'm already struggling now then what's the point in carrying on? Games are supposed to be fun and this one doesn't really have much of that going for it.

Moby

Sank about 13 hours into this over the last week. Just rage uninstalled it though. It's a beautiful little game but I'm sick of playing it now due to the difficulty and frustrating elements it has, that'll only get worse. I think I'm just not made for difficult platformers, so if I'm already struggling now then what's the point in carrying on? Games are supposed to be fun and this one doesn't really have much of that going for it.
You're just gonna end up watching endless videos on how it actually pans out and what all kind of enemies players have to deal with in the entire and never stop wondering maybe if you had given that last spot another try you would have made it and figured out everything in the game.

Dirty Schwein

Mate if you read back this thread, you'll find that I wasn't a big fan. It was too difficult for me and I kept also getting lost. But there comes a time when it all just clicks. For me, it was after Soul Sanctum.

Also, remember that you upgrade massively as the game progresses. You eventually get so strong, that you can stroll around Hallownest like Stone Cold Steve Austin and slap motherfeckers up for fun!

TrustInJanuzaj

So I’ve just started this game as something a little different to play. I’ve enjoyed it so far but not entirely sure what I should be doing. I’ve beaten the first boss and got myself a map and compass which is proving helpful. Any starting tips?

Moby

So I’ve just started this game as something a little different to play. I’ve enjoyed it so far but not entirely sure what I should be doing. I’ve beaten the first boss and got myself a map and compass which is proving helpful. Any starting tips?
Best experience would to explore yourself as much as you can. Couple of things is that there are multiple routes to every area so never think you are stuck. And whenever you get new movement abilities like dashing or jumping off walls go back to previous areas and sweep them again as it's likely with new abilities you can reach places you can't previously.

Otherwise initially just keep the compass equipped. Buy the quill at the shop in Dirtmouth so you can update maps. The game is linear for first 3-4 areas but after that it opens up completely and you pretty much find endless routes all across the world.

You would have seen the benches already so you can buy those markers which show where all benches and other landmarks are.

TrustInJanuzaj

Best experience would to explore yourself as much as you can. Couple of things is that there are multiple routes to every area so never think you are stuck. And whenever you get new movement abilities like dashing or jumping off walls go back to previous areas and sweep them again as it's likely with new abilities you can reach places you can't previously.

Otherwise initially just keep the compass equipped. Buy the quill at the shop in Dirtmouth so you can update maps. The game is linear for first 3-4 areas but after that it opens up completely and you pretty much find endless routes all across the world.

You would have seen the benches already so you can buy those markers which show where all benches and other landmarks are.
Thanks appreciate the reply. Will keep this In mind.

Dirty Schwein

Thanks appreciate the reply. Will keep this In mind.
Use map markers so you don't have to go through every area again when you get a new ability.

Open as many Stag stations as possible. If you don't have enough geo, grind a little bit.

Enjoy the exploration. Get to know the areas, makes it easier later down the line.

At first the bosses will be hard and you may feel like rage quitting but stick with it because as you progress, you'll get some awesome upgrades and smashing enemies you find hard now will be so easy.

If you get too stuck, ask someone here. This last point is what helped me a lot.

TrustInJanuzaj

Use map markers so you don't have to go through every area again when you get a new ability.

Open as many Stag stations as possible. If you don't have enough geo, grind a little bit.

Enjoy the exploration. Get to know the areas, makes it easier later down the line.

At first the bosses will be hard and you may feel like rage quitting but stick with it because as you progress, you'll get some awesome upgrades and smashing enemies you find hard now will be so easy.

If you get too stuck, ask someone here. This last point is what helped me a lot.
Thanks mate, very helpful. I’ll see how I get on.