Home form

Bojan11

Anyone a bit concerned we going the way of last season.

Our last few away games against Arsenal, Watford, Leicester and Everton we have actually played well.

Where as at home since the Newcastle game we haven’t really played well. Apart from Man City, we hardly played big hitters too. Bournemouth, Brighton, Southampton and Burnley. None of them really convincing performances. You can include the CSKA game too in that list.

That confidence I had from our home fixtures early on in the season has gone. The Stoke game comes at a vital time for us. We need to turn them over big time. Not another drab performance from us at home where we limp through.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We need to deal with the whole parked bus scenerio a lot better than we have the last few games. Some posters won’t like it but the formation we played today would be a lot harder for teams to defend against than what we’ve been doing at home recently.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Noticed that myself. Definitely feel like we're giving more when playing away. Is it just complacency at home?

Bojan11

Noticed that myself. Definitely feel like we're giving more when playing away. Is it just complacency at home?
No idea. But we have a manager who has one of the greatest home records ever, so it’s surprising we not been more dominant at home.

Paxi

No idea. But we have a manager who has one of the greatest home records ever, so it’s surprising we not been more dominant at home.
No idea myself but something is wrong with the way we play at home. Not the results but the urgency in our play. Seems like we're much more up for it away from home.

BluesJr

No idea myself but something is wrong with the way we play at home. Not the results but the urgency in our play. Seems like we're much more up for it away from home.
I know it’s purely perception and maybe belongs in the weird feelings of Football thread but it sometimes feels like the pitch is too big at OT and our players are so far apart it’s impossible to create movement.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Might only be a minor thing but it could be to do with the fans, the groans/moans are more audible this season than in previous seasons which could be adding pressure to the players, maybe I'm talking nonsense but just my theory.

Paxi

I know it’s purely perception and maybe belongs in the weird feelings of Football thread but it sometimes feels like the pitch is too big at OT and our players are so far apart it’s impossible to create movement.
Nah, nothing to do with the pitch. Surely it would be the other way round. Also it's definitely for the weird feelings of football as most pitches aren't actually that different in dimensions.

Bojan11

One of my hates is that we don’t seem to peg teams into their own half at home. We seem to do it away from home.

But at home we retreat rather than pressing and that means we don’t win the ball fast enough and there’s no sustained pressure.

BluesJr

Nah, nothing to do with the pitch. Surely it would be the other way round. Also it's definitely for the weird feelings of football as most pitches aren't actually that different in dimensions.
I know it’s not actually anything to do with the pitch, it’s the camera angle I think but our play tends to be more static at home because we are dominating the game usually so the movement tends to drop off a cliff at times and the game drifts.

Paxi

Might only be a minor thing but it could be to do with the fans, the groans/moans are more audible this season than in previous seasons which could be adding pressure to the players, maybe I'm talking nonsense but just my theory.
Hmm, I don't know is OT that much of a shit hole? I haven't been to our home game in years. I was at the Etihad through some corporate stuff and our fans we're fecking magnificent. Could be, I don't know.

BluesJr

One of my hates is that we don’t seem to peg teams into their own half at home. We seem to do it away from home.

But at home we retreat rather than pressing and that means we don’t win the ball fast enough and there’s no sustained pressure.
I created a thread about this topic and was scourned for it but it’s the truth.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hmm, I don't know is OT that much of a shit hole? I haven't been to our home game in years. I was at the Etihad through some corporate stuff and our fans we're fecking magnificent. Could be, I don't know.
I've not been since Spurs at home but my dad's a regular, he said that atmosphere is generally good but against Burnley and Southampton in particular frustrations were very vocalised from the fans (understandable) I just wonder if that might have something to do with it. As much as I want to big up United I'm not sure how mentally tough our players are.

Paxi

I know it’s not actually anything to do with the pitch, it’s the camera angle I think but our play tends to be more static at home because we are dominating the game usually so the movement tends to drop off a cliff at times and the game drifts.
Genuinely not sure about camera angles or anything like that but I can vouch for us being static as feck at home.

Paxi

I've not been since Spurs at home but my dad's a regular, he said that atmosphere is generally good but against Burnley and Southampton in particular frustrations were very vocalised from the fans (understandable) I just wonder if that might have something to do with it. As much as I want to big up United I'm not sure how mentally tough our players are.
Honestly, if its to do with our home support - our squad would need gutted. Imagine that? fecking snowflakes the lot of them. I just think our players expect a result cause it's OT. But really you have to earn it. You have to build it by thrashing teams, by snuffing the life out of them. So when they're in the tunnel and they see that pitch - they know they're get led to a slaughter house. It's just too easy to come to OT at minute and defend for 90 mins. Yeah, the opposition team probably knows they'll give away a few chances but thats that. You want them terrified. Constant, relentless pressure. We just don't see that at Old Trafford anymore.

deafepl

I'd rather us being so good when playing away from home first before improving our form at home cos we really need it to be consistent next season to balance our home and away form. Before Watford games, our away form have been really bad - a loss to Huddersfield and Chelsea, drawn to Stoke and Liverpool, won against Swansea and Southampton = win 33% then and we won 80% of our away games since Watford games.