Film Home Sweet Home Alone

Hoof the ball

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the reviews are terrible.
Absolute idiots.

Who commissions another Home Alone and doesn't make a true spiritual sequel to Home Alone 2? You've got Culkin turned 40, Pesci in late 70's, the mum recently had a massive part in Schitt's Creek. They still had all the ingredients to a really good sequel whilst everyone is still of a decent enough age to pull it off.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Currently watching, 28 minutes in.

Not gonna lie lads, it's kinda watchable. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be based of the trailer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The first hour was just about on par with your average hallmark movie - even made me laugh out loud twice…

…but now I’ve got to the actual burglary violence part there’s quite a fundamental fecking flaw they seem to have completely missed due to how they’ve “reimagined” the story: I am not on the kid’s side. Oddly enough the “robbers” being two parents trying to reclaim something stolen from them so they can save their house and feed their kids means I’m less inclined to laugh when they’re fecking set on fire by some absolute bellend of a kid they aren’t a threat too. What the feck were they thinking!

Dante

Average bang
It's obviously not a patch on the original.

If I were 10 years old again seeing the story for the first time, I could have possibly liked it. But watching it in comparison to the Macaulay Culkin version, it's really missing an 'edge'. The baddies are all goodies, and the goodies are all annoying.

Maybe Joe Pesci is too scary for the current generation. Or maybe Hollywood only believes he is. Either way, the film feels hollow and pointless without an antagonist worth laughing at. A handful jokes and an unsympathetic lead aren't enough to carry it.