Film Home Sweet Home Alone

Dante

Average bang
I quite like Aisling Bea and Ellie Kemper. But that kid doesn't hold a candle to Macaulay Culkin.

If you're gonna produce a remake and you're not going to do anything new with it (eg. live action from cartoon or make it female-led rather male-led) then at least have a lead actor that's at least charismatic as the previous star.

Judas

Open to offers
Feels a bit harsh slagging a child off, but the main kid just seems totally wooden and like a very very poor You've Been Framed level parody of the original.

Mike Smalling

Why did this need to be remade? It looks like it's almost a shot for shot remake. It's bizarre. Disney ruins everything.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Amazes me that projects like this get this far. I want to punch that kid in the face and stomach.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it would be much better if it was still Culkin as an adult and he is stuck at home without any drugs.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thought this was typical caf over reactions before watching the trailer.

I was wrong.

Tarrou

the kid sounds british af

is he supposed to be doing an American accent or have they just not bothered with that detail?

edit: maybe the Mum is meant to be British too?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Amazes me that projects like this get this far. I want to punch that kid in the face and stomach.
How would you do it? Stomach first and then when he’s bent over go for the “finish him” uppercut or face first and then stomach jab while he’s down?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How would you do it? Stomach first and then when he’s bent over go for the “finish him” uppercut or face first and then stomach jab while he’s down?
Stomach first, then face. I’d worry I’d knock him out with the first blow and he wouldn’t feel the stomach blow.

OleBoiii

The original is beyond silly, but it works for 4 reasons:

1. Christmas movies are shite. The competition is stale to say the least.
2. The physical comedy of the two burglars is pretty good.
3. The concept was actually pretty original when it came out.
4. Nostalgia. Just nostalgia.

I'm not surprised by the remake, though. There are several Home Alone movies without Macaulay Culkin, and they all suck.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The police officer having McCallister on his uniform as well. Can you imagine the fecking writing room. Get them all back in for a sequel and burn the building to the ground.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The police officer having McCallister on his uniform as well. Can you imagine the fecking writing room. Get them all back in for a sequel and burn the building to the ground.
The police officer is Buzz from the first couple of Home Alones. Same actor and everything.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The lead kid, whose name I can't remember, was really good in Jojo Rabbit, but this is an awful trailer

Make a new one if you have to, but this didn't need a remake. The first 2 still hold up for what they are.

No Pesci, no party.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ooh what a fun nostalgia throwback nom nom nom.
Yeah, I think they definitely wanted some link to the original films to get people to watch. Culkin was a non-starter so they probably saw Buzz as the next best thing.

I didn't even bother watching the trailer in the OP. For me Home Alone was a one and done film. I had the misfortune to watch most of the sequels and 4 was the worst 'film' I've ever seen.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yeah, I think they definitely wanted some link to the original films to get people to watch. Culkin was a non-starter so they probably saw Buzz as the next best thing.

I didn't even bother watching the trailer in the OP. For me Home Alone was a one and done film. I had the misfortune to watch most of the sequels and 4 was the worst 'film' I've ever seen.
I read that Culkin does have a brief cameo in it.

Oranges038

My first thought when I saw his face.

No matter what this is like and most likely it is shit. It could be a great movie and I wouldn't enjoy it at all because I want to punch him in the face so much.

I recently watched Once upon a time in Hollywood. I could watch this and even though the kid has such a punchable face, it would have to be absolute utter garbage to knock that piece of shit off the top of my worst movie list.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not going to lie, I watch the original 2 pretty much every Christmas when it's on TV, great nostalgia. They will never make another that comes close to that. I bet most people watch it for the same reasons as me and it's probably still good fun for the kids to watch too.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'll happily watch number 1 and 2 at Christmas and won't lose sleep if I miss this.

3 and 4 were just as bad.
It was a great concept back in the day, something that doesn't age well anymore, but taking Culkin away from it, you lose it's charm when you try to force more on us

red4ever 79

what the feck is this. Awful trailer and that kid just needs punching. I am sorry who chose some fat kid that cant even act.

As we are getting near to Christmas, no doubt 1 & 2 will be watched, and rightly so - classics

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Disney should do a Home Alone Star Wars crossover. That's sure to rake in the big bucks.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
There should be a great twist where they get in the house in the first 5 minutes and then spend the next 2 hours just battering him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I quite like Aisling Bea and Ellie Kemper. But that kid doesn't hold a candle to Macaulay Culkin.

If you're gonna produce a remake and you're not going to do anything new with it (eg. live action from cartoon or make it female-led rather male-led) then at least have a lead actor that's at least charismatic as the previous star.
Wow, that’s almost word for word what I was going to post here.

Surely there’s at least enough of new tricks that you can make with new technologies… yet he still uses the same tricks that Culkin did in the 90’s (and, unsurprisingly, not as good). Even if you’re not introducing anything significantly different/new into the remake.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The kid was pretty decent in Jojo Rabbit by the way, but his comedic presentation just doesn’t work here.

OleBoiii

Also, reading the title makes me feel like I'm having a stroke.

1/10.