Film Home Sweet Home Alone

Sylar

Is this set in modern day or back in the 90s?
Because the concept really can't work now when you have modern technologies? Or you have to update it completely given every other house has something like ring doorbell or similar
Also with smart phones, even kids have them now so being in contact with the 'home' alone kid would not be difficult

Anyway I tried watching the trailer and what accent is that? :lol:
It just comes off as OTT parody
Not going to lie, I watch the original 2 pretty much every Christmas when it's on TV, great nostalgia. They will never make another that comes close to that. I bet most people watch it for the same reasons as me and it's probably still good fun for the kids to watch too.
The original two are great fun especially as nostalgia for Christmas but also the three main characters and actors are good

Sylar

Also is that rob Delaney and erin from the office us?

cj_sparky

The kid looks like the result of someone culturing James Cordon and Alan Carr's genetic material in a Petri dish.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Disney+ content has generally been decent but this looks terrible.

Tarrou

I recall someone had the idea of remaking it scene for scene but with Culkin at his current age, probably on reddit or something

that would have been something I could get excited for

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Based on how bad this looks I'm fully expecting a Donald Trump cameo at the end to set up a second movie.

OleBoiii

I recall someone had the idea of remaking it scene for scene but with Culkin at his current age, probably on reddit or something

that would have been something I could get excited for
This will have to do, I guess:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why though? Is the classic really that dated? It looks like an identical movie.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
There should be a great twist where they get in the house in the first 5 minutes and then spend the next 2 hours just battering him.
I only agree with this idea if they stop after 90 mins to take a shit before going back to it.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
There should be a great twist where they get in the house in the first 5 minutes and then spend the next 2 hours just battering him.
Then you get the satisfying ending where they leave and there's just bits of the main character splashed all over the floors, the walls and the ceiling.

ChaddyP

The original is beyond silly, but it works for 4 reasons:

1. Christmas movies are shite. The competition is stale to say the least.
2. The physical comedy of the two burglars is pretty good.
3. The concept was actually pretty original when it came out.
4. Nostalgia. Just nostalgia.

I'm not surprised by the remake, though. There are several Home Alone movies without Macaulay Culkin, and they all suck.
this is so under appreciated. They could have used any blue eyed kid for the role of Kevin. Harry and Marv are the actual stars of the show for me. They just absolutely make the first 2 movies due to their chemistry

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm definitely watching this.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
this is so under appreciated. They could have used any blue eyed kid for the role of Kevin. Harry and Marv are the actual stars of the show for me. They just absolutely make the first 2 movies due to their chemistry
Easier said than done though, Culkin plays that role brilliantly. I think the casting was just very good for those films.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think what annoys me most about the trailer is the decision to make Aisling Bea do a (shit) English accent. As though it’s inconceivable for her to have her own Irish accent while her kid sounds English. She’s been living in England long enough that if she did have a kid of her own that’s exactly how they would sound.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That title. That trailer. That kid. Just awful.

This is one film that never needed a remake. It's hardly one of those ideas that would be elevated using modern technology/outlook.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I honestly thought that was a spoof trailer until about half way through. These studios aren't even trying any more

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Imagine a sequel having 41 years old Macaulay Culkin playing Kevin again with MacGyver as an antagonist.

Instead we have this.................................

Red00012

The police officer having McCallister on his uniform as well. Can you imagine the fecking writing room. Get them all back in for a sequel and burn the building to the ground.
It looks like Buzz from the original