Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
If Danes doesn't win an Emmy for that performance on Sunday night then the person who is going to beat her must be unreal.

Bear Attack

It's pretty good, this show. I mean at the rate the pilot was unfolding, I expected the show to run out of gas by the third episode but the plot lines are woven quite nicely. I have hitherto not rated Claire Danes as an actress but her performance on Sunday was really something. I was thoroughly convinced that she was batshit crazy.

Brophs

The One and Only
Just watched the first episode of this. It seems like it could be quite good but Claire Danes is incredibly annoying so far.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Finale's going to be 90 minutes long as well, I can't wait. It should be really good.

vivs

actual real life girl
Walker to try and assassinate Brody maybe?
doubt it. I think Walker will shoot some random innocent person so that Brody can just walk through security and then try to take down the VP in the bunker

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Brilliant finale, the acting in this is probably the best around. Really is one of the best TV shows around I think, I look forward to the next season.

wr8_utd

:'(
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant finale. This is by far the best show on TV right now. Dexter might be going downhill but Showtime have a fantastic show to more than make up for it.

wr8_utd

:'(
What happens to that memory card which had the Brody recording? Obviously Walker took it but does Brody get it back after killing Walker? It could come up next season..

Oh and the scene when Dana calls Brody when he's about to detonate was absolutely brilliant. One of the moments of the season imo.

cinc

What happens to that memory card which had the Brody recording? Obviously Walker took it but does Brody get it back after killing Walker? It could come up next season..

Oh and the scene when Dana calls Brody when he's about to detonate was absolutely brilliant. One of the moments of the season imo.
Or the CIA mole.

Cina

Just finished it there. Wonderful television.

Lewis and Danes should sweep the awards for their performances.

Bear Attack

I am looking forward to watching this tomorrow. Everyone keeps on telling me that it is the greatest thing ever.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just finished it there. Wonderful television.

Lewis and Danes should sweep the awards for their performances.
Lewis is good, Danes is brilliant but the best actor in the series is Mandy Patinkin.

Great series and finale but does anyone else think that
it would have been a better ending if Lewis had detonated himself?

Cina

Saul was a good character but he did annoy me at times. Not sure why. But Patinkin was brilliant.

I agree with you though...

I mean really this was a one season show, and Lewis going boom with Danes being right all along would've been the perfect ending to it, but of course it's American TV and they want everything that can make them money to keep going, especially Showtime (Dexter, Weeds).

Honestly I can just see it going downhill from here, they've thrown in this new amnesia thing with Carrie so the second season will again be will she/won't she find out about him on time before he goes and does something crazy.

Ah well, it was a wonderful first season, I just kind of wish it was the ONLY season, but of course I'll continue to watch it.

vanthaman

Winner
Just watched it all in The space of 3-4 days, enjoyed it, dedinitely one of the best shows made on the past couple of years, but let's face it, Bauer would have worked everything out alot more effectively and saved everyone within 24 hours, would have preferred the story to end and have the next season about a different plot

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Watched it all in the space of a week. Nothing really to add, just to agree with all that this show is really brilliant.

Cannot fault it at all

twitter thread suggester
Just watched the entire season this week.

Great show, but feck me what a frustrating season end. There's nothing I hate more in tv shows or movies than when one person knows the truth but no one believes the person. It frustrates the bejesus out of me. And even worse if the person then doesn't believe it either in the end, leaving just us viewers with the truth, and I can't bloody do anything about it, what with it being a tv show and all. Argh, I wish he had blown them all to pieces making everyone look like the mugs that they are. Especially that annoying little brat of a daughter.

Zen

tbh I think they never intended for it to get renewed and then tweaked a fair few things about the finale so they would have something to leave us hanging with going into season 2. Kinda like 24 really, a show which it clearly takes a lot of influence from.

However I do wonder how good they can make the second series considering they kept certain parties alive. Fingers crossed though as I was a big fan.

Northstand

Starts on C4 tomorrow night. Looks pretty good from the reviews I've read.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Starts on C4 tomorrow night. Looks pretty good from the reviews I've read.
Thought the pilot showed decent promise and yep his wife is fit. Appreciate a lot people on here are a series ahead of me, but it passed me by on satellite.

Like having something decent to watch on Sundays- it's the one night I am always in and can actually consistently follow something...

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
I'm catching up with Episode 1 on 4OD at the minute and will watch Episode 2 tonight. Looks fairly good, I see they've gone down the flawed protagonist route already. Rave reviews in this thread, hopefully it delivers!

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Just finished watching all these, cracking series, can't wait for season two.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Just finished watching all of season 1...was brilliant!

But

It would have been fecking amazing if he had blown them all up. On the other hand, I'm glad there will be a second season since the first one was so good.
Still though, what an ending if they'd had the balls to do it, would have been one of the greatest endings of all time.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Just finished watching all of season 1...was brilliant!

But

It would have been fecking amazing if he had blown them all up. On the other hand, I'm glad there will be a second season since the first one was so good.
Still though, what an ending if they'd had the balls to do it, would have been one of the greatest endings of all time.
Agree with you and everyone is saying that and I think he would have blown up if there was no second season. But since there is, it would have been mighty difficult for the show to get rid of its one the main two characters. To create a character like that again in S2 would have been close to impossible.

It is easy to do so in a show like GOT where plot is king but character study was half the show here so I can see why creators balked.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Have just seen first 2 episodes, hooked. Two main characters brilliant. Really looking forward to rest.

Mick1991

Yep, Danes is really good, and she only gets better. Good all around, it's got the twists but not every twenty minutes, which I like in a show.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just watched the first 2 episodes of this... really, excellent stuff. Both the episodes I've watched so far have done a great job of really pulling me into the episode... probably the most 'gripped' I've been watching a show since Dexter.

Think I'll watch it at Channel 4 pace...

Zen86

Has been a bit stop-start at times for me, but it seems to be getting very interesting now.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
I'm enjoying it. I'm interested in the characters and there are plausible twists in the story. This is the first time in a very long time I'm watching a show at the same time it airs in the UK!

redspoony

Got up to speed with this today, as far as Channel 4 have shown it. Really good stuff.

Without spoiling the end, does anyone know if there will be a 2nd series?